News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Proposed BRT service linking Wolverhampton city centre with i54

Started by Ashley 4569, June 27, 2013, 07:40:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashley 4569

Evening all

Just reading this weeks Wolverhampton Chronicle newspaper and this article may be of interest to some if it hasn't already been mentioned on here...

"New rapid buses on one of Wolverhampton's busiest routes will cut journey times by almost a third, say transport bosses"

In a nutshell, the idea is for a Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) service running along the A449 Stafford Road between Wolverhampton city centre and the i54 business park. The initial proposed cost for the project is estimated at £6million and if the bud is to be successful the money would be spent on new buses, bus stops and road alterations.

My first opinion is that I sort of expected some sort of bus service like this to be proposed at some point and is a much nicer alternative than using the number 6 currently the only bus that goes into i54 itself as such.

I just thought it may be of interest to people on the forum

mranon

a suggestion here could be reroute existing services, for example the no.3/4/25 services. even if they drew up a peak "a" service like the 6a to pendeford business park etc.

personally, the no.4 sits at morrisons terminus so has enough time to whip down to the i54. the 25/a could be good too due to the areas it would link the i54 up with, i.e bilston willenhall wednesfield bushbury areas.

if people do use public transport, some research into the catchment areas needs to be done, and utilise existing services and upgrading them. having a rpt from wolverhampton is ok, but wouldnt it be better to offer services which could provide an alternative to going to town and changing?

Ashley 4569

I agree there, you do have the 3 and 4 which come from the opposite side of town and the 25 which weaves through varioues estates so modifying existing routes would be one to consider also

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk