News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Coventry calling TfWM over, do you read us, over?

Started by Sandy Lane, January 08, 2024, 09:33:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IMarkeh

Quote from: Sandy Lane on January 08, 2024, 09:33:23 AMThe glorious TfWM and their Bus Disruptions web page seems not to be aware of major road works near the city centre. A number of buses being diverted for more than one week. I cannot see it mentioned.

NXC have done a good job in reporting this.
Haven't found any mention by SC or other operators.

Can someone give TfWM a nudge to wake up and include Coventry issues please? Happy to show TfWM where Coventry is on a map if they want some help?  :laugh:
I played hell with TfWM in 2022 when they decided not to post about stop closures during the Commonwealth games. They said that their systems don't allow them to give stop updates and gave a load of corporate waffle. Basically justifying the fact that their systems aren't upto scratch and staff are incompetant. As with all public authorities, no matter how poor the staff are, no one gets sacked or held accountable. Passengers just suffer while PTE staff have their feet up on the desk twiddling their thumbs.

Sandy Lane

TfWM online bus disruptions list/map. A great idea if it works.

Can someone give TfWM a nudge to tell them that NXWM Birmingham services 49 and 50 do not normally run through Coventry. The disruptions maps says differently at the moment. Bells Lane, Druids Heath ain't in Coventry AFAIK.

https://disruptions.tfwm.org.uk/?mode=bus&selectedByMap=true&selectedItem=17993_TfWM

ellspurs

Quote from: Sandy Lane on February 13, 2024, 05:24:58 PMTfWM online bus disruptions list/map. A great idea if it works.
Can someone give TfWM a nudge to tell them that NXWM Birmingham services 49 and 50 do not normally run through Coventry. The disruptions maps says differently at the moment. Bells Lane, Druids Heath ain't in Coventry AFAIK.
https://disruptions.tfwm.org.uk/?mode=bus&selectedByMap=true&selectedItem=17993_TfWM
Use the link at the top of the form where it says
"This is a new service - your feedback will help us to improve it. "

Sandy Lane

Quote from: ellspurs on February 13, 2024, 07:03:54 PMUse the link at the top of the form where it says
"This is a new service - your feedback will help us to improve it. "

Accuracy is key and then there is useful detail but this is expected as standard surely?

Maybe Coventry should just take control of its own patch?

Sandy Lane

Quote from: Sandy Lane on February 13, 2024, 09:36:26 PMAccuracy is key and then there is useful detail but this is expected as standard surely?

Maybe Coventry should just take control of its own patch?
Hello TfWM, Coventry calling, over.

We are now 5 days into a fortnight's service disruption in east Coventry that is not shown by the TfWM system from what I can see.
Issue is that access from Willenhall Lane to St James Lane is not possible.
NXC 13 affected and well advertised by NXC. Bus destination blinds accurately showing Binley instead of Willenhall.
SC 60 on a major divert as well.

Surely this situation should be shown on the TfWM system or is it there and I have missed it?

Rachvince53

Quote from: Sandy Lane on February 16, 2024, 10:58:02 AMHello TfWM, Coventry calling, over.

We are now 5 days into a fortnight's service disruption in east Coventry that is not shown by the TfWM system from what I can see.
Issue is that access from Willenhall Lane to St James Lane is not possible.
NXC 13 affected and well advertised by NXC. Bus destination blinds accurately showing Binley instead of Willenhall.
SC 60 on a major divert as well.

Surely this situation should be shown on the TfWM system or is it there and I have missed it?

Just checked on TfWM page and Coventry 13 not even listed.

ellspurs

Again, there is a link at the top of the page to leave feedback. I have just done this, if you do it as well then it may trigger something in their heads to look at. 

Sandy Lane

Quote from: ellspurs on February 16, 2024, 02:21:38 PMAgain, there is a link at the top of the page to leave feedback. I have just done this, if you do it as well then it may trigger something in their heads to look at.
As I said earlier the TfWM online bus disruptions list/map is a great idea if it works.

It seems to report a lot of detail for Birmingham which is good but current reporting of Coventry disruptions just isn't working. Another current Coventry reporting failure example is NXC 21 affected by Bell Green Rd closure this weekend.

This is a TfWM system issue that the professional people in their organisation need to sort out. IMO this system should be proactive and report these events as / before they happen and not rely on ad-hoc feedback from others.

Until TfWM can get to grips on all the bus disruptions why don't they admit that Coventry is excluded from the system at the moment?

As I said if they can sort this out it will be a very useful source of info for everyone but they are not there yet.

Stu

Quote from: Sandy Lane on February 17, 2024, 09:39:00 PMThis is a TfWM system issue that the professional people in their organisation need to sort out. IMO this system should be proactive and report these events as / before they happen and not rely on ad-hoc feedback from others.

Until TfWM can get to grips on all the bus disruptions why don't they admit that Coventry is excluded from the system at the moment?
I'm sure I read a while back that the Disruptions feature on the TfWM website relied on operators submitting diversion details, or perhaps it was local authorities.

Certainly it is true that no disruptions in Coventry appear in this service, I did notice two on the map yesterday which don't appear now, they were along the A45 near Allesley, however the disruption details contained nothing more than COVENTRY CITY COUNCIL.

So perhaps there is something wrong with the way that Coventry CC are reporting disruptions to TfWM?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Sandy Lane

Quote from: Stu on February 18, 2024, 09:34:07 AMSo perhaps there is something wrong with the way that Coventry CC are reporting disruptions to TfWM?
Why bother with Cov CC? 
Wouldn't it be better if TfWM talked direct with the local bus operators who know their patch quite well?

Westy

Quote from: Sandy Lane on February 18, 2024, 01:44:22 PMWhy bother with Cov CC?
Wouldn't it be better if TfWM talked direct with the local bus operators who know their patch quite well?
Wouldn't the bus operators be advised by the relavant local council anyway, of any issues, or is it a case of just informing NX, as they're the only/biggest operator anyway, in their eyes?

(That Safer Travel thing pasted on one of the posts in the 29 thread, as an example, only refers to NX services 19 & 29 & NX haven't operated the 19 for some time anyway!)

Stu

Quote from: Sandy Lane on February 18, 2024, 01:44:22 PMWhy bother with Cov CC?
Like I said, I don't know exactly how this works or where the information comes from.

I've asked the question of Transport for West Midlands, lets see what they reply back with!

https://x.com/WMBusUsers/status/1759236015233945986?s=20
My locals:

Stu

You cannot view this attachment.

You cannot view this attachment.

My locals:

Sandy Lane

Sandy Lane

Quote from: Sandy Lane on February 13, 2024, 05:24:58 PMTfWM online bus disruptions list/map. A great idea if it works.
Checking for Coventry today seems to show a perfect world - no disruptions from what I read.
https://disruptions.tfwm.org.uk/?isMapVisible=true

But hang on isn't there a major divert in place for New Union St affecting both SC and NXC?

If TfWM can't manage this detail in Coventry why don't they say Coventry is excluded?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk