News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Service 29 vandalism and anti-social behaviour affecting Walsall buses

Started by I love Walsall buses, October 25, 2021, 07:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Quote from: Bob on May 28, 2023, 02:19:13 PMWith it being Blakenall, theyve probably had their cost of living benefits payments to pi## up the wall 🤣🤣
Noticed they've now extended it for another 24 hours!

ellspurs

monkeyjoe

Really sad hearing about the little girl hit and run. Action I hope will be taken now on these nasty little Ferrell types. 

Westy

Quote from: monkeyjoe on July 28, 2023, 06:42:02 PMReally sad hearing about the little girl hit and run. Action I hope will be taken now on these nasty little Ferrell types.
I hadn't realised Turnstone Road was a renamed Barracks Lane!

Westy

One Walsall Community Transport vehicle is now off the road thanks to the little darlings hanging around the Slacky Lane bridge in Goscote, aiming bricks.

Bus took back to the depot, which I was on, so got a free look at the depot, for a change bus.

Buses now diverted through the top of Little Bloxwich.

The change bus has now got a warning light on, so another phone call to the depot & it's back to the depot yet again!

WalsallBuses2007

QuoteOne Walsall Community Transport vehicle is now off the road thanks to the little darlings hanging around the Slacky Lane bridge in Goscote, aiming bricks.

Bus took back to the depot, which I was on, so got a free look at the depot, for a change bus.

Buses now diverted through the top of Little Bloxwich.

The change bus has now got a warning light on, so another phone call to the depot & it's back to the depot yet again!
They've also had a go at 29s again so there ok the normal diversion tonight 

Westy

Quote from: WalsallBuses2007 on October 28, 2023, 09:01:08 PMThey've also had a go at 29s again so there ok the normal diversion tonight
On the plus side, I got a non stop 'private' ride to Aldridge eventually!

Stu

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Westy

Don't think I'll be using the 25, next time I go to Pelsall or Aldridge, from my part of Bloxwich /Leamore!

Wumpty

Following on from previous posts, and damage to the Chaserider 19 services, here's the latest from Express & Star on patrols around the area:

Going on patrol with Black Country police on 'Britain's roughest estate' | Express & Star (expressandstar.com)
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Westy

Something's puzzling me, re that diversion for the 19.

As previously stated, the 29 diversion is basically via Bloxwich Road to Leamore, then Harden Road to Walker Road, which misses out the main troublespot of Ryecroft Cemetary.

It was also mentioned on a previous post, why the 29 didn't continue along Harden Road & loop Coalpool Island & return, due to attacks by there as well, so why was the 19 diversion still serving the island, bearing in mind the 29 was diverted away from the same area?

(You could say TfWM deemed it vital to serve the Dartmouth Avenue area, as a subsidised service, while the 29 is commercial, else it could have done the same as the 29 & serve Blakenall as well?)

Also why the full length of Goscote Lane / Livingston Road, & not serve the Abbotts Street area? Abbotts Street wasn't affected.

I would've thought there would've been more potential trouble at the Coalpool island end?

hlliwmai

Quote from: Westy on November 23, 2023, 09:30:40 PMSomething's puzzling me, re that diversion for the 19.

As previously stated, the 29 diversion is basically via Bloxwich Road to Leamore, then Harden Road to Walker Road, which misses out the main troublespot of Ryecroft Cemetary.

It was also mentioned on a previous post, why the 29 didn't continue along Harden Road & loop Coalpool Island & return, due to attacks by there as well, so why was the 19 diversion still serving the island, bearing in mind the 29 was diverted away from the same area?

(You could say TfWM deemed it vital to serve the Dartmouth Avenue area, as a subsidised service, while the 29 is commercial, else it could have done the same as the 29 & serve Blakenall as well?)

Also why the full length of Goscote Lane / Livingston Road, & not serve the Abbotts Street area? Abbotts Street wasn't affected.

I would've thought there would've been more potential trouble at the Coalpool island end?

Actually kids were throwing things at the 19 on Abbotts Street last week so that's why they're not serving Abbotts Street or any of the other shit hole areas on the route  

Westy

Quote from: hlliwmai on November 23, 2023, 09:51:22 PMActually kids were throwing things at the 19 on Abbotts Street last week so that's why they're not serving Abbotts Street or any of the other shit hole areas on the route 
Must admit wasn't aware of Abbotts Street, as coverage was either Blakenall shops or Ryecroft!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk