News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Old Bus Routes

Started by Busboy105, June 15, 2020, 07:37:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rachvince53

Quote from: Westy on March 07, 2024, 05:53:27 PMTo be honest, as the Centro onwards maps were scanned in sections, I would've thought some clever soul might've stitched the sections together, but never mind eh!

Didn't the 333 originally serve the Deans Road area?

(There's a challenge for someone. Locate as many Wolves maps as poss & upload, like I did with Walsall!)
The 333 partly replaced the 531. It ran from Walsall Bradford Place (the 531 had started from the old St Paul's Bus Station) along the same route as the current 37 to Willenhall. From there it joined the 529 route but diverted off to serve Portobello emerging on Moseley Road near the fishing pool and Grapes pub. It then followed the 545 (now 82) route into Wolverhampton past Dean's High School.  It never served Bilston.

The 531 if I recall served the same route between Wolverhampton and Bentley but then followed a different route into Walsall emerging on to the 529 route on the other side of the M6 motorway.  Please note there was a later 531 which ran to Rocket Pool via Bilston. 

As to the 69, it was originally the 369 and followed the same route as today's 69 from Walsall but I think it then ran from Coppice Farm to Willenhall via the 41 route. The 364 terminated at Coppice Farm Estate running a one-way clockwise loop. 

Wumpty

Quote from: Rachvince53 on March 07, 2024, 09:22:04 PMThe 333 partly replaced the 531. It ran from Walsall Bradford Place (the 531 had started from the old St Paul's Bus Station) along the same route as the current 37 to Willenhall. From there it joined the 529 route but diverted off to serve Portobello emerging on Moseley Road near the fishing pool and Grapes pub. It then followed the 545 (now 82) route into Wolverhampton past Dean's High School.  It never served Bilston.

The 531 if I recall served the same route between Wolverhampton and Bentley but then followed a different route into Walsall emerging on to the 529 route on the other side of the M6 motorway.  Please note there was a later 531 which ran to Rocket Pool via Bilston.

As to the 69, it was originally the 369 and followed the same route as today's 69 from Walsall but I think it then ran from Coppice Farm to Willenhall via the 41 route. The 364 terminated at Coppice Farm Estate running a one-way clockwise loop.
531 continued from Bentley joining the 341 route via Reedswood Park, Bentley Lane, Hollyhedge Lane and Wolverhampton Road to Walsall as the 41 does now. 
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Bus_user_jay

333 was the same as the 37 to Willenhall (Never through New Invention), then it followed the 529 to Portobello Island, New Street, Vaughan Road, Hill Road and onto the Moseley Road. From the Moseley Road it followed the 544/545/546 to Wolverhampton (via Deans Road) but went a different route in the city centre - into Wolverhampton Bus Station via the Ring Road and Broad Street. Then not long before withdrawal, from the Moseley Road it followed the 529 straight down the Willenhall Road which always seemed a bit pointless.

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Bus_user_jay on March 08, 2024, 12:53:09 AM333 was the same as the 37 to Willenhall (Never through New Invention), then it followed the 529 to Portobello Island, New Street, Vaughan Road, Hill Road and onto the Moseley Road. From the Moseley Road it followed the 544/545/546 to Wolverhampton (via Deans Road) but went a different route in the city centre - into Wolverhampton Bus Station via the Ring Road and Broad Street. Then not long before withdrawal, from the Moseley Road it followed the 529 straight down the Willenhall Road which always seemed a bit pointless.
I thought it did wasn't sure after Wolverhampton so yeah The bloke caught the 69 if he went through Coppice 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk