News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Bus breakdown experiences

Started by Stu, July 07, 2012, 07:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackCountryBusSpotter

1806 continued in service an hour or so later so it must been have repaired or fixed or I heard there may have been a medical incident on board It looked like all the Passengers had got off to me. But happy to be wrong 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

mesub

4611 broke down in the middle of Adams Hill and Romsley Road when trying to turn into Adams Hill.

PCSO was in attendance.

X22 which I was on diverted back up Romsley Road -> Field Lane -> Genners Lane -> Jiggins Lane as usual.
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

mesub

23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

Jack

NX Streetdeck being hooked up to a recovery vehicle at Masshouse.

Jay71

According to Wolves garage, three buses have broke down on the 59 route

Wumpty

WN850 on 25 broken down at Red Lion, Wednesfield, 0930hrs.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

MasterPlan

6833 broken down on Bath Row.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Stu

Spotted 6706 hooked up to the back of an RS Recovery truck this evening on Stratford Road in Sparkbrook, just before the Ladypool Road stop.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Secondary trigger 28

7518  broke down on lode lane blocking the road causing  a long line of traffic 

suavegarv

There were 2 AG 11's broken down opposite each other at their respective stops at the Yew Tree,Yardley at lunchtime today.

Jay71

4951 has  broken down on the 80. Problem with the doors. Wipers came on by themselves & wouldn't turn off. Constant beeping noise in the drivers cab

frostjay974

6872 on Park St
E011 on Stratford Rd

Tony

Stu

Quote from: frostjay974 on April 06, 2024, 06:03:35 PME011 on Stratford Rd
Let me guess, you saw E011 parked up in Sparkbrook by Aldi just after 4pm with it's hazard warning lights on?

If so, it wasn't 'broken down', I can see on BusTimes that it was turned short at Camp Hill Island due to late running, and so would have been sat waiting time to start it's outbound journey on-time.

Please don't automatically assume that any bus parked up somewhere with hazards on is 'broken down'.

https://bustimes.org/vehicles/tnxb-e011#

I can also see that on arriving in Solihull, the bus did go straight back to garage, but even so a bus that can get back to the garage itself has not technically 'broken down'.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Rachvince53

4632 on WN15. Left Wolverhampton at 1426 (16 mins late) but broke down in Penn, Spring Hill. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk