News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Bus Stops ?

Started by Nathan4775, August 28, 2013, 08:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frostjay974

Does anyone know the reason why the bus stop on Thimblemill Road opposite William Road has been removed?

ellspurs

Superfluous to requirements?

It measures 350 metres between the bus stops at Hales Lane and Thimblemill Cemetery. The stop at William Road falls between them. Having less actual bus stops speeds up the services. They've done this in the past on the Bristol Road and (possibly) the Coventry Road.

Stu

Quote from: frostjay974 on December 18, 2023, 08:30:12 AMDoes anyone know the reason why the bus stop on Thimblemill Road opposite William Road has been removed?
Damaged in an accident?

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

frostjay974

Quote from: ellspurs on December 18, 2023, 04:22:33 PMSuperfluous to requirements?

It measures 350 metres between the bus stops at Hales Lane and Thimblemill Cemetery. The stop at William Road falls between them. Having less actual bus stops speeds up the services. They've done this in the past on the Bristol Road and (possibly) the Coventry Road.
Heard that it was removed so that they could replace a faulty lamppost 

cardew

I see from the public reports pack of the next WMCA Transport meeting that showing journeys as cancelled on Real Time displays is progressing and should be live from "early spring". 

It's rather unfortunate that the TFWM App won't support the showing of these cancellations, but each stop will have its own QR code for real time info via smartphone by later in the year. 

I hope they are looking at how to display active diversions as well.

Gareth

Quite a few bus stop changes in Birmingham city centre from 7th April. Mainly affecting Priory Queensway and Moor Street Queensway services and stops.

ellspurs

Quote from: ellspurs on November 27, 2023, 08:20:56 PMI gave up after the third time they said "something'll be done about it" and nothing happened.

This was when it was network West Midlands.
On this front, I went past there a couple of weeks ago, and the electronic stop had been removed, and replaced with a cone with a "temp bus stop" sign taped on it. Last week, this has been replaced with a standard flagpole, but still with the "temp bus stop" sign.

B7RLE

I'm very confused about a 'stop' in Wollaston on the 8. NXWM, google maps and bustimes lists 'Apley Road' as a bus stop, and its on the announcements. The stop flag is 'not in use' and has been since like 2020, with no timetable information there, and the drivers dont stop there when someone dings the bell. Is this supposed to be a stop on the 8 or not...?

Rachvince53

Quote from: B7RLE on March 29, 2024, 10:03:13 PMI'm very confused about a 'stop' in Wollaston on the 8. NXWM, google maps and bustimes lists 'Apley Road' as a bus stop, and its on the announcements. The stop flag is 'not in use' and has been since like 2020, with no timetable information there, and the drivers dont stop there when someone dings the bell. Is this supposed to be a stop on the 8 or not...?
It would be have been changed by TfWM contractors presumably when the stop in the opposite direction was taken out of use. You should report it to TfWM although it could take a few weeks if they agree its a mistake. I know when the route of the 64 Penn circular was reversed, one stop was missed and it was three weeks before it was rectified.  

JPC

Quote from: B7RLE on March 29, 2024, 10:03:13 PMI'm very confused about a 'stop' in Wollaston on the 8. NXWM, google maps and bustimes lists 'Apley Road' as a bus stop, and its on the announcements. The stop flag is 'not in use' and has been since like 2020, with no timetable information there, and the drivers dont stop there when someone dings the bell. Is this supposed to be a stop on the 8 or not...?
If it's any consolation the next stop on Vicarage Rd is no distance away, just 70 metres if you cut through the Sainsbury's local car park.

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Just watched This Town and there was a shot outside the Diamond Banqueting Suite just off School Street in Wolverhampton and there was a bus stop which I have seen in real life what service went down there. Also the Bus Stop despite them renaming the Banqueting Suite to Villa Cross they didn't make the bus stop 80's themed it stuck out like a sore thumb as it was a Modern TFWM Red Stop
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

Jack D

Where are these bus stops that were meant to be along bromford road for 64 service??

ellspurs

It took them over three months to install new stops on the 96 route when it had that drastic change of route either last year or the year before. So any time in the next 12 months, I guess?

BlackCountryBusSpotter

The last bus stop towards Wolverhampton that the 79 serves is called Car Craft Car Craft hasn't been there for years, No point calling it Trade Centre as this is set to move to Bentley on the Old Showcase Cinema site, so this could be renamed Darlaston Road Woden Road West which is the road the 79 turns onto after Darlaston Road
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

Westy

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on April 12, 2024, 01:15:22 PMThe last bus stop towards Wolverhampton that the 79 serves is called Car Craft Car Craft hasn't been there for years, No point calling it Trade Centre as this is set to move to Bentley on the Old Showcase Cinema site, so this could be renamed Darlaston Road Woden Road West which is the road the 79 turns onto after Darlaston Road
There's probably quite a few like that, that have had to change over the years.

Some are probably still known by the old name locally, despite changing officially.

Wasn't there a famous one at Quinton, that WMT made a 'fuss' of at the time, because they were updating the timetable leaflets?

Hollybush to Jeffersons, I think it was?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk