News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Bus Stops ?

Started by Nathan4775, August 28, 2013, 08:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Slightly off topic but....

Does TfWm own all bus shelters within its area?

Those of you who frequent Reedswood Retail Park in Walsall, may have noticed the plastic window panels are broken, leaving the the panel with the timetable case rather dangerously hanging off, so I've reported it on Twitter.

The reply was along the lines of 'We don't own it, Contact Sainsburys or Retail Park management instead, but we've forwarded your report to our Assets teams, just in case we have a contact at the site!'

Quote from: Westy on January 03, 2023, 04:59:04 PMSlightly off topic but....

Does TfWm own all bus shelters within its area?

Those of you who frequent Reedswood Retail Park in Walsall, may have noticed the plastic window panels are broken, leaving the the panel with the timetable case rather dangerously hanging off, so I've reported it on Twitter.

The reply was along the lines of 'We don't own it, Contact Sainsburys or Retail Park management instead, but we've forwarded your report to our Assets teams, just in case we have a contact at the site!'

I  guess it explains why the shelter appears to be non standard. 
Walsall, England - Google Maps
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Rachvince53

Yes, most bus stops and shelters are owned by TfWM. However as noted above those on retail parks etc may not.  

Westy

Quote from: Rachvince53 on January 03, 2023, 05:42:44 PMYes, most bus stops and shelters are owned by TfWM. However as noted above those on retail parks etc may not. 
But they still have to update the timetable posters when needed though!

Rachvince53

Quote from: Westy on January 03, 2023, 09:52:31 PMBut they still have to update the timetable posters when needed though!
They should.....but that isn't always the case. It may be a case of TfWM needing permission to attend to the bus shelters or its up to the site owners to keep info up to date.

Stu

Quote from: Stu on December 06, 2022, 06:38:06 PMThe bus shelter at the Fulham Road stop on Stoney Lane, Sparkhill was destroyed over the weekend, presumably after some vehicle crash, spotted it all crumpled up yesterday morning.

Looks like it has been removed and isn't going to be replaced, the holes have been tarmaced over, and there's a new temporary stop in a concrete filled tub instead.

It's a shame really as it was only replaced a while back, having previously been an  older yellow/green shelter.
The shelter has now reappeared since early last week.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stu

Quote from: Stu on December 19, 2022, 08:17:08 PMLooks like the 'TfWM Tinkerers' are already at work replacing bus stop flags.

Travelling home along Stoney Lane in Sparkhill this evening, as well as having the 34 removed from them, an opportunity has been taken to 'rename' a couple of the stops, which is going to mean that NX are going to have to change their next stop announcements on the 2 and 3 to avoid passenger confusion.

The Fulham Road stops have now been changed to 'Brunswick Road', while the Clifton Road stop is now 'Chesterton Road'.

Whilst out and about on Sunday, I noticed that flags on Vicarage Road in Kings Heath have been replaced, however while the 46 has now been added, the 69 is still listed.
My locals:

BNH2004

Bus stop flags along Diamonds 5/17/17A/57 route seems have been removed
226 is missing off a few flags too and 226A hasn't been added on the flags

MasterPlan

Just noticed on the totem for stop BS8 there's an 'X21 to Maypole' in 5 mins. That's one hell of a journey!

In fact its now showing on bustimes too lol
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Rachvince53

Quote from: BNH2004 on January 28, 2023, 06:34:49 PMBus stop flags along Diamonds 5/17/17A/57 route seems have been removed
226 is missing off a few flags too and 226A hasn't been added on the flags
The new timetables dated 3rd January 2023 for the 17 have been put up but only with the evening and Sunday service!  (Reported this to TfWM), 

Lukeee

Quote from: Rachvince53 on January 30, 2023, 05:33:53 PMThe new timetables dated 3rd January 2023 for the 17 have been put up but only with the evening and Sunday service!  (Reported this to TfWM),
They've done the same with some of stops on the 96 route, they only show evening and night journeys 

ellspurs

It could be worse... the Salt Road bus flag at Webbs Garden Centre, Wychbold, still says that it serves Birmingham. I'm pretty sure only the 144a used to go in there so wouldn't have served Birmingham in the first place.

Stu

While travelling through Bearwood this afternoon, I noticed some bus stop flags along the 'High Street' (Bearwood Road), make reference to a 5 service, anyone have any idea what this is as I can't find anything online?
My locals:

Jack

All of the Old Walsall Road stops still have 46 on the flags and not bothered being changed.

Rachvince53

Quote from: Stu on February 03, 2023, 10:48:43 PMWhile travelling through Bearwood this afternoon, I noticed some bus stop flags along the 'High Street' (Bearwood Road), make reference to a 5 service, anyone have any idea what this is as I can't find anything online?
This is possibly the erstwhile 450 service which I believe was replaced by the 48A when the bus services in and around Sandwell were renumbered.  

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk