News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

90 to Chelmsley

Started by Gareth, May 19, 2013, 10:13:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareth

Hopefully there are enough forum users who work for NXWM who could maybe pass this on to whoever programmes the destination displays at Birmingham Central.

For the past couple of weeks the 90 route has been showing its display as Chelmsley. Could they not be bothered with adding 'Wood' at the end? Any reason why they are showing their destination as a place, although used by people, it doesn't actually exist. I personally think it looks tacky and unprofessional.

What next? 67 to The Vale?

JB93

I'd noticed this too! And they've taken "via Kitts Green" off the 14 display already so it just shows Alum Rock.

danny

When diamond did the 404E the roller blind used to say "west brom", i personally dont mind it as its locals refer to the destinations as such. And the companys are local, just my opinion can see how people may dislike.
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

uniquicity

Quote from: danny on May 19, 2013, 11:04:45 PM
When diamond did the 404E the roller blind used to say "west brom", i personally dont mind it as its locals refer to the destinations as such. And the companys are local, just my opinion can see how people may dislike.

Petes Travel used all upper case shortened place names like West Brom, Sutton, Central Avenue & City. Diamond kept the blinds when they took them over

Ash

Quote from: uniquicity on May 20, 2013, 01:18:57 AM
Quote from: danny on May 19, 2013, 11:04:45 PM

Petes Travel used all upper case shortened place names like West Brom, Sutton, Central Avenue & City. Diamond kept the blinds when they took them over

Yeah I remember Pete's Travel's blinds being like that but I think especially it does look more professional to have the complete place name and not how locals refer to the name of the place as we would be getting services such as the 51/79 having destination displays such as 51 Brum via the Scotts or the 79 Wolvo via Darlo.

Ashley 4569

all the 90s were showing "Chelmsley Wood" on saturday

Gareth

That's good to know. Friday was the last time I had noticed any. I hope it's a permanent change back.

Ashley 4569

4324 4610 and 4192 were showing chelmsley wood, wasnt in the area long enough to see the other three buses

Sh4318

4180 also showing '90 Chelmsley'
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Ex BC driver

I think it's because they have changed the font of the destinations

Stuharris 6360

Think it is only right & respectful to local communities to display names on destination blinds correctly, i don't want to turn up at Stourbridge bus station to catch the 256 to WOLVES
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Sh4318

Quote from: BC driver on May 21, 2013, 09:14:54 PM
I think it's because they have changed the font of the destinations

I thought that. Although I saw 4180 on the return journey and the front destination was using the new font
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

John

I have noticed today that the 47 is similar to this, when it displays via Pershore Road, the destination is Cofton. This was on 4631.

JB93

Saw another Trident displaying Chelmsley today, can't remember for the life of me it's fleetnumber. I know it had a strange small Travel West Midlands logo above the door that I've not seen on any other Trident, and it was still in TWM livery.

John

Quote from: JB93 on May 30, 2013, 05:40:00 PM
Saw another Trident displaying Chelmsley today, can't remember for the life of me it's fleetnumber. I know it had a strange small Travel West Midlands logo above the door that I've not seen on any other Trident, and it was still in TWM livery.

That might be 4328. See attached pic

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gcbp/6893846298/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk