News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Yardley Wood Garage

Started by Jay, June 12, 2013, 04:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: Liverpool Street on September 25, 2013, 10:34:08 PM
Quote from: Tony on September 25, 2013, 10:32:41 PM
http://wmbusphotos.com/zstockphotos/YardleyWoodgarage.html

Great shot. Was it taken on the top of the stairs to the canteen?

And I'm sure that view will help many with model layouts. Well done.

I Agree, I notice that there is an ALX400 having a front-end rebuild & an Omnilink with it front missing/removed

Mike K

Quote from: Winston on September 25, 2013, 10:58:04 PM

I Agree, I notice that there is an ALX400 having a front-end rebuild & an Omnilink with it front missing/removed

Indeed. It's a very interesting shot that you don't often get to see. It looks like a hive of activity in there.

nitromatt1

I like how the NXWM garages seem to all have canteens and other extravagant facilities, at TGB the canteen is a small kitchen with microwave, toaster, sink, dishwasher, vending machine and not much more! As TGB is the only garage I'm very familiar with, I never expected other ones to have the facilities they do

winston

Quote from: nitromatt1 on September 25, 2013, 11:06:32 PM

I like how the NXWM garages seem to all have canteens and other extravagant facilities, at TGB the canteen is a small kitchen with microwave, toaster, sink, dishwasher, vending machine and not much more! As TGB is the only garage I'm very familiar with, I never expected other ones to have the facilities they do

I should image PE & BY are the exception re: canteens

nitromatt1

Quote from: Winston on September 25, 2013, 11:10:26 PM

I did think that, looking from the outside Pensnett doesn't really seem big enough to have a proper canteen

winston

Quote from: nitromatt1 on September 25, 2013, 11:12:25 PM
Quote from: Winston on September 25, 2013, 11:10:26 PM

I did think that, looking from the outside Pensnett doesn't really seem big enough to have a proper canteen

I think Pensnett's canteen is located a short walk away, its called 'Greggs'  ;D

Only the former Birmingham City Transport garages have canteens

trident4370

Hmmm I'm Not so sure that's an ALX400 being rebuilt, it looks a bit more like a President to me, or it could be something from another garage though I'm sure YW do bodywork jobs from time to time?

nitromatt1

Quote from: trident4370 on September 25, 2013, 11:38:30 PM

Hmmm I'm Not so sure that's an ALX400 being rebuilt, it looks a bit more like a President to me, or it could be something from another garage though I'm sure YW do bodywork jobs from time to time?

Yes that's a President, curved windows are just about visible

winston

Yes, it may actually be a President. I understand YW do get involved with major accident repairs & refurb work for other garages

Tony

Quote from: Winston on September 25, 2013, 11:41:10 PM

Yes, it may actually be a President. I understand YW do get involved with major accident repairs & refurb work for other garages

It is WB 4048

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Quote from: Tony on September 26, 2013, 07:59:21 AM
Quote from: Winston on September 25, 2013, 11:41:10 PM

It is WB 4048

Has that been in an accident then? As it has only recently been refurbished

John

Quote from: wilmotm (Matt Wilmot) on September 26, 2013, 10:25:13 AM
Quote from: Tony on September 26, 2013, 07:59:21 AM
It is WB 4048

Has that been in an accident then? As it has only recently been refurbished

I'm sure someone had said it was. Don't know any details

Stuharris 6360

Just through on my Yahoo Mail account,

"4751 will be out of action for a while the front windscreen completely gone as a van went into the front side trying to beat it past the bus lane and failed !"

Anybody any details?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

trident4370

Not heard anything but there were at least 2 tridents on the 50 today anyway so I expect we will see many more over the next few weeks now if YW are short of Enviros.
It does annoy me when people show a complete lack of care for buses, how a 5 second advantage for 1 person in a car/van is more important than the safety of 40 odd bus passengers I will never know or understand.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk