News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

London Midland Trains

Started by Tony, September 22, 2012, 08:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Amanda Millings supporters knocked my door today. After I told them where to shove their leaflet I asked "What has her publicity shots done for the Chase line?". She answered "She cares deeply and it has brought you those extra carriages". I asked her to correct that advising I use it daily and there are no extra carriages and Amanda Milling was explicitly advised by the transport minister that there will be no extra diesel carriages and she's therefore lying. She stormed off! As she was leaving I asked her to pass on from me that she's a stain on humanity 😂

Westy

Quote from: Bob on May 29, 2017, 04:48:02 PM
Amanda Millings supporters knocked my door today. After I told them where to shove their leaflet I asked "What has her publicity shots done for the Chase line?". She answered "She cares deeply and it has brought you those extra carriages". I asked her to correct that advising I use it daily and there are no extra carriages and Amanda Milling was explicitly advised by the transport minister that there will be no extra diesel carriages and she's therefore lying. She stormed off! As she was leaving I asked her to pass on from me that she's a stain on humanity 😂

Dave Winnick was spotted by a friend canvassing on a recent Saturday evening in the Field Road area of Bloxwich!

Trident 4194

Trains were all pretty much screwed earlier. Incident at bescot, signalling problems between new street and wolvo

The Real 4778

Quote from: Trident 4194 on June 01, 2017, 02:34:43 PM
Trains were all pretty much screwed earlier. Incident at bescot, signalling problems between new street and wolvo

Incident at Bescot was those two teenage lads getting far too near the OHLE.
Don't you start.

Caught the train from Spring Road, Acocks Green to Birmingham Moor Street today, the ticket office was closed at Spring Road and i've never caught the train from Spring Road before, no guard was checkeing and selling tickets onboard, the gates and barriers at Moor Street were just open letting people walk through, so anyone travelling from Spring Road to Moor Street would have just walked away with a free journey. When it was at  the platform on Spring Road, I went and asked the guard for a ticket as I was thinking  I probably wouldn't be able to get through the barriers at the other end at Moor Street, but nobody else boarding at Spring Road did and they all got a free journey.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

MW

Quote from: 2206 on June 23, 2017, 10:04:46 PM
Caught the train from Spring Road, Acocks Green to Birmingham Moor Street today, the ticket office was closed at Spring Road and i've never caught the train from Spring Road before, no guard was checkeing and selling tickets onboard, the gates and barriers at Moor Street were just open letting people walk through, so anyone travelling from Spring Road to Moor Street would have just walked away with a free journey. When it was at  the platform on Spring Road, I went and asked the guard for a ticket as I was thinking  I probably wouldn't be able to get through the barriers at the other end at Moor Street, but nobody else boarding at Spring Road did and they all got a free journey.

It's nearly always like that.

Bob

They really REALLY need to sort out the 6.14am train from Landywood out. Rammed daily. More and more amazon workers and a crap two carriage every single day. It stinks as well. Two 153 carriages joined together would be better and go some way towards the chronic lack of seats

WMT3000

Had a similar experience the other day. Jewellery quarter ticket office was closed with the shutter down just after 4pm (start of the busiest time of day). The permit to travel machine was "not in use". I didn't have a bank card with me so no way of buying a ticket. Caught the train and no sign of a conductor/inspector.

Now i don't mind not having to pay (legally the onus is on lm to collect fares, not for passengers to struggle to find a way of paying) but this this does make a mockery of revenue protection.

At the moment a combination of expensive tickets, unreliable and dirty trains, disinterested staff and open ticket barriers means that a good proportion of passengers on this line never pay a fare.

Rob H

Does anybody know which 150 will be on the Hereford Service this week?

Reason I'm asking is because I want to get an on-board video of 150105 & 150107 before they move to Northern.

Thank You in Advance 8)
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

The Real 4778

Quote from: Rob2832 on June 25, 2017, 04:42:25 PM
Does anybody know which 150 will be on the Hereford Service this week?

Reason I'm asking is because I want to get an on-board video of 150105 & 150107 before they move to Northern.

Thank You in Advance 8)

You've a 66% chance of it being one of those so surely it's worth a punt anyway!
Don't you start.

Tony

It is very rare for 150105 to be on the Bedford Bletchley, apparently that is the least reliable of the 3 so is nearly always working or spare at Tyseley

Rob H

60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

Liberator9

Doesn't surprise me - ticket office staffing along the Snow Hill line is inconsistent as anything, and the guards seem particularly missing when it comes to revenue checking duties. Next franchise needs to get a grip on it. I use Cross Country, Transpennine and Northern regularly; can pretty much guarantee a ticket check on them and staff are usually very well mannered and friendly - throw in ATW as well when I use them and it seems London Midland has some what of an issue in motivating staff to actually do the ticket checks....

Tony

Quote from: Liberator9 on June 25, 2017, 10:00:00 PM
Doesn't surprise me - ticket office staffing along the Snow Hill line is inconsistent as anything, and the guards seem particularly missing when it comes to revenue checking duties. Next franchise needs to get a grip on it. I use Cross Country, Transpennine and Northern regularly; can pretty much guarantee a ticket check on them and staff are usually very well mannered and friendly - throw in ATW as well when I use them and it seems London Midland has some what of an issue in motivating staff to actually do the ticket checks....

Franchise winner should be announced in the next fortnight,  be interesting to see if the winner has promised anything on revenue protection

markcf83

Quote from: WMT3000 on June 24, 2017, 09:50:40 AM
Had a similar experience the other day. Jewellery quarter ticket office was closed with the shutter down just after 4pm (start of the busiest time of day). The permit to travel machine was "not in use". I didn't have a bank card with me so no way of buying a ticket. Caught the train and no sign of a conductor/inspector.

Now i don't mind not having to pay (legally the onus is on lm to collect fares, not for passengers to struggle to find a way of paying) but this this does make a mockery of revenue protection.

On Arriva Trains,the onus is on passengers to find the guard otherwise you will be put in court,fined up to £600+ and named in the local paper. Clearly one rule for London Midland and another for others.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk