News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Current new vehicle order

Started by RW, December 31, 2016, 10:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

Now that all the expected Platinum vehicles appear to have been received does that complete the current order or are there any 'crimson' vehicles still to be delivered? Out of interest what period does a years order cover? April to March the following year?

GeminiFan1991

I believe a number of "green" vehicles are due next year and I would think more crimson vehicles are due to see out the earlier Tridents.

I'm interested to see which vehicle types we get.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Trident 4194

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on December 31, 2016, 10:43:29 PM
I believe a number of "green" vehicles are due next year and I would think more crimson vehicles are due to see out the earlier Tridents.

I'm interested to see which vehicle types we get.

More bloody Mmc probably

Liberator9

Quote from: Trident 4194 on December 31, 2016, 10:45:56 PM
More bloody Mmc probably

What exactly is wrong with the MMCs? I think they're a step up on the previous ADL products and the Voith gearbox on the 2016 E400MMCs is better than the ZF versions; I'd quite happily see a mix of MMCs and Wright products next year again.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Liberator9 on December 31, 2016, 10:51:44 PM
What exactly is wrong with the MMCs? I think they're a step up on the previous ADL products and the Voith gearbox on the 2016 E400MMCs is better than the ZF versions; I'd quite happily see a mix of MMCs and Wright products next year again.

There boring I think, yes there are a couple that can really go, but there just becoming to dominant. Nx have loads of them, the recent platinums are actually nice, the 66 reg ones, the 6701-6718 should not be classed as platinum as they don't have usb sockets nor stop start technology.

Have nx ever thought of having like semi platinum? Like arriva sapphire and arriva Max?
Looking forward to hate being thrown at me

Steve3229vp

I like to see MMC's for Birmingham garages and Streetdecks for the Black Country. Oh and can we please renumber the Streetdecks to 6301-6305 instead of 3301-3305

Ronnoc

Some new MMC's for Dundee to see their Presidents off?

Liberator9

Quote from: Trident 4194 on December 31, 2016, 11:00:34 PM
There boring I think, yes there are a couple that can really go, but there just becoming to dominant. Nx have loads of them, the recent platinums are actually nice, the 66 reg ones, the 6701-6718 should not be classed as platinum as they don't have usb sockets nor stop start technology.

Have nx ever thought of having like semi platinum? Like arriva sapphire and arriva Max?

Well NX won't have considered when buying them whether they would be boring for enthusiasts really - as a passenger I find them a real step up in terms of comfort and ride. Drive wise they're an improvement over previous E400s as well I believe. In terms of becoming dominant, they're nowhere near the dominance the Tridents have had for years, and the MMCs offer better quality as well. Importantly no more leaking windows, freezing cold mornings, or ineffective suspension.

A semi-Platinum would devalue the actual Platinum brand - no real need to have a semi when NX are clearly seeing excellent results from the Platinum brand and are insistent on improving the main corridors to the full.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Liberator9 on December 31, 2016, 11:23:29 PM
Well NX won't have considered when buying them whether they would be boring for enthusiasts really - as a passenger I find them a real step up in terms of comfort and ride. Drive wise they're an improvement over previous E400s as well I believe. In terms of becoming dominant, they're nowhere near the dominance the Tridents have had for years, and the MMCs offer better quality as well. Importantly no more leaking windows, freezing cold mornings, or ineffective suspension.

A semi-Platinum would devalue the actual Platinum brand - no real need to have a semi when NX are clearly seeing excellent results from the Platinum brand and are insistent on improving the main corridors to the full.

Yes but if I was a manager, I would want quantity over quality

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Trident 4194 on December 31, 2016, 11:30:17 PM
Yes but if I was a manager, I would want quantity over quality

Strictly speaking you'd want quality in quantity.

When your spending multiples of millions, you'd want to ensure you got your moneys worth.

Liberator9

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on December 31, 2016, 11:40:21 PM
Strictly speaking you'd want quality in quantity.

When your spending multiples of millions, you'd want to ensure you got your moneys worth.

Exactly - buses are not cheap and managers most certainly will be looking at the quality. Good quality equals good reliability, which equals better service, higher passenger numbers and hence revenue. Buses on the production line all undergo quality checks once built, and operators thoroughly inspect any vehicle they are taking delivery of before accepting it. Granted there are occasional issues, but they are usually rectified. You don't just buy as many as possible of the cheapest brand available and hope they're alright as you're throwing money down the drain!

CL

Quote from: Trident 4194 on December 31, 2016, 11:00:34 PM
6701-6718 should not be classed as platinum as they don't have usb sockets nor stop start technology.
Eerm, 6719-6758 as well then by your logic. :o
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

MW

Nobody gives you hate Trident 4194. They just do not value your opinion because 9 times out of 10, you're talking pointless rubbish. Happy new year tho

Gareth

I laugh when I see people complaining about the dominance of one of the current vehicle types. I would love to see them at the time when if you weren't on a Metrobus you were on a Fleetline and if you weren't on a National you were on a lynx! (Unless you lived in Wolverhampton and you had a chance of a Volvo.)

GeminiFan1991

What are peoples views on the E400MMC City ? I was under the assumption these were only for London although I believe Blackpool operate a few so whose NX ain't at least considering them ? I don't like the asymmetrical design although it looks better on a decker. A bit of variety ain't a bad thing.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk