News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Hopes and expectations on the buses in 2017

Started by Steve3229vp, December 23, 2016, 11:17:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4194

Quote from: karl724223 on December 31, 2016, 04:41:37 PM
im only said yes didn't say what to did I
He will have to wait till the registrations go in  😜

When are the registrations?

MW

Trident 4194

Quote from: MW on December 31, 2016, 04:45:18 PM
29th February

Thankyou, your too funny. No wonder you got sacked from nx, comedian is more up your street

karl724223

MW

Quote from: Trident 4194 on December 31, 2016, 04:49:02 PM
Thankyou, your too funny. No wonder you got sacked from nx, comedian is more up your street

Hahahahaha

JoNi

Leaders - who act as an inspiration
(Including the new mayor through initatives as integrated ticketing in all areas belonging to WMCA as against franchising.)

Clear - Roles and Responsibilities
(To define who has it within their power to take action to meet standards of the best)

Open and Honest - Communication
(1 Co-ordinated marketing of buses as an option to ensure it remains relevant to travellers against threats such as Uber.
2 Transformation of customer relations from culture of it's not our fault but we will forward it to person responsible inbox to thank you to your feedback we will take responisibility for getting something done.)

Mike K

I'll be glad when these mystery rumoured changes to the 99 which were first posted on here around Christmas 2014 actually happen. It's like a multiple choice of complete cobblers. Will it be:

a) Extended to one of Hasbury / Hayley Green / Merry Hill / Dudley (insert Black Country place)
b) Curtailed to operate to the QE only
c) Transferred to Pensnett garage
d) Who actually gives one
e) All of the above

MW

Quote from: Mike K on December 31, 2016, 06:51:05 PM
I'll be glad when these mystery rumoured changes to the 99 which were first posted on here around Christmas 2014 actually happen. It's like a multiple choice of complete cobblers. Will it be:

a) Extended to one of Hasbury / Hayley Green / Merry Hill / Dudley (insert Black Country place)
b) Curtailed to operate to the QE only
c) Transferred to Pensnett garage
d) Who actually gives one
e) All of the above

D

Eric Shaw

I look forward to seeing how NXWM cope with the new restrictions on emissions from May 21st 2017. I have not yet seen any of the Euro6 conversions and I think a good number of new buses will be required as well. Also it was suggested that the new rules will apply to Solihull and Wolverhampton soon. That would mean even more new buses.

Tony

Quote from: Eric Shaw on December 31, 2016, 08:04:03 PM
I look forward to seeing how NXWM cope with the new restrictions on emissions from May 21st 2017. I have not yet seen any of the Euro6 conversions and I think a good number of new buses will be required as well. Also it was suggested that the new rules will apply to Solihull and Wolverhampton soon. That would mean even more new buses.

A lot of AG 46xx crimson geminis are already converted and a start has been made on BC 46xx tridents. Over 200 buses in total will get traps,  The initial Solihull zone is Euro3 so the withdrawal of the Plaxtons takes care of that

Liberator9

First post of 2017 and a Happy New Year to everyone  ;)

I think the general expectation this year is just to continue the good work of 2016. The fleet is looking its smartest in a long time with the Crimson refurbishments, new MMCs/Streetdecks and an effective rebrand. The pricing has become more flexible and certainly the fleet improvements in 2017 will help further improve the service delivery and passenger numbers.

I hope that TfWM successfully manage the bus side of things in the West Midlands; continue the Alliance and work with operators to deliver improvements. Franchising is something I'd avoid due to the costs potentially involved, and I certainly do not want any move to remove the individual identities of operators. Further ticketing integration and improvements to the SWIFT card system would be good, and improvements to the infrastructure on main route corridors to improve reliability.

Certainly things are continuing to improve, and I feel 2017 will continue with that upward trend.

The Real 4778

Don't you start.

Eric Shaw

Thanks Tony, that makes the position with NX clear but I think some of the independents may run into problems.

Tony

Quote from: Eric Shaw on January 02, 2017, 04:08:45 PM
Thanks Tony, that makes the position with NX clear but I think some of the independents may run into problems.

Only other operator Birmingham will affect is First. The only double deckers from Worcester allowed on the 144 will be the StreetDecks. I think Arriva 4200 is Euro 4 so Tamworth is fully compliant.

Some of the darts currently running into Solihull may be Euro 2 though

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Tony on January 02, 2017, 04:25:08 PM
Only other operator Birmingham will affect is First. The only double deckers from Worcester allowed on the 144 will be the StreetDecks. I think Arriva 4200 is Euro 4 so Tamworth is fully compliant.

Some of the darts currently running into Solihull may be Euro 2 though

Would it be fair to say then that anybody predicting or hoping for a 144 upgrade might be more on the money than they first thought?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk