News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

NXWM Running Boards

Started by Liberator9, July 26, 2014, 07:59:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liberator9

Hi there everyone - thought this would be a good task to complete and provide a useful bit of information on the forum. I am trying to collate the number of running boards for each route NXWM run - I have filled in what I think is correct in the far right column which is just my own thoughts on the running board number. It could well be wrong! Drivers and staff at NX who are on this forum would be most helpful in this particularly. Please amend the table as you think and then upload it in your post, so we have a work in progress version. This idea has been set off by my work experience at NXWM, certainly in the AVL, where the amount of running boards is immense. I thought it would be useful (and fun at the same time!) for us on the outside to have an idea of vehicle requirements on the network so we can keep up to date on the fleet's usage, which bus routes have what bus type, and the amount of spares approximately a garage would have on a good day - i.e no excessive amount broken down, MOT etc.

Thank you in advance for all those who will contribute on this. The most recent version shall be uploaded in this first post and also in the latest post by me.

Westy

While I can see why you've done it & don't get me wrong,  it's a good idea, why do I have a nagging feeling this might go the same way as the recent posts by someone refering to pictures of drivers duties on Flickr.

That set of posts went down like a lead balloon due to accusations of data protection/privacy,  I seem to recall.

If I'm wrong, I apologise.

Liberator9

I saw that flickr stream - was it the one with the driver duties, rollnumbers etc. in the pictures? In this only the amount of vehicles used would be put down - no other details such as relief times, roll numbers, nothing that is personal will be put on here. There was a PVR thread on this forum a year or two ago that had no problems - this should only be similar to that. However I am sure Tony will be able to advise if this number of vehicles for each route is permitted or not. I understand why you are telling me this as I can see the problems that can cause so thank you for informing me as I shall get it checked at some point this morning by Tony to ensure it is allowed to post the number of buses running on each route.

JoNi

Don't forget PVRs change every 8 weeks or so with University/school holidays before service changes are taken into account. Info can get out of date very quickly as there are far more changes than you may think.

notepanel

Quote from: JoNi on July 26, 2014, 09:30:26 AM
Don't forget PVRs change every 8 weeks or so with University/school holidays before service changes are taken into account. Info can get out of date very quickly as there are far more changes than you may think.

This is very true.

I don't think there is anything wrong with recording running boards - in theory, if you choose to sit outside all day anybody could observe this data. The same potentially with relief times, although I appreciate that's getting a bit dodgy there. The main issue with the Flickr site was that it contained VCR sheets which are potentially confidential to the business due to the data they contain, including names, roll numbers & signatures of drivers.

One thing to note though, is that the number of running boards isn't necessarily the PVR. For example, at the moment there are seven X51/?? boards (it goes up to X51/08 but there is no board X51/04), but only three of these are all day boards, and of those three only one only operates the X51. X51 journeys are also included on the following boards: W41/07, X56/02, 7S/01, 701/01, 701/02, 881/02, 934/06, 934/07, 934/12, 934/18, 997/02, 997/03, 997/05, 997/09, 997/11, 997/14, 997/15 & 997/16. Certain garages & routes also have an increase in PVR on Fridays.

Liberator9

Thanks notepanel - it gets pretty complicated then at times! Never knew that all those boards operate a X51 journey at some point in the day. I suppose it is like the 76 - there is a 76E from Solihull to Kings Heath, which after doing that does an 863 and I think then a journey on the 49 now. I don't know the board number though - maybe 76/08 at a guess. I have put in some more PVRs now, typical vehicle allocation (if I am wrong on any of this please just let me know and I'll change it), and thanks to @Nathan, now have running board information for the 59.

the trainbasher

A the 140/241 workings are on the 141 running boards.

1 297 off peak board is on the 9 boards

PE run a 256/222 am on a X96 board iirc

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Liberator9

Trident 4609

And the first 11 of the day at WN (05:30 from Underhill) is infact board 62/01. This works 11's until it goes onto the 62. It may also go back onto 11's in the afternoon?

And sticking with WN11, board 11/01 infact doesn't leave garage till after 9am.

Also to note all 256/257 trips are on 255 numbered boards. This means there are no boards that are numbered 256/...

So some 255 numbered boards don't actually work 255's.

Overall there are 19 255 boards i think (This includes the 256/7)

Liberator9

Thanks Nathan - much appreciated! Latest version with the changes said so far included now attached.

Sh4318

I'd change the allocation of the 83/89 to Volvo B7TL, because it's allocated Presidents, ALXs and Geminis daily. 127-9s are a mix of Geminis and ALX 400s, usually more Gems than ALXs, but it can differ. 82/87 see ALXs too.
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

83/89 are already b7tl operated , alx400 , plaxton president ,wrightbus Gemini are on volvo b7tl chassis.

Liberator9

Thanks for the suggestions regarding the Volvo B7TLs etc. 2900 and Sh4318.
Nathan has provided some more information now on the Wolverhampton services and also Walsall - so that information has now been put in and is uploaded.

Stu

Comments on AG services:

The S1 obviously has its own running board, as I don't believe it interworks with anything else, and only one bus is used.
The 37 also regularly sees Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLEs.
The ex-Dundee Omnilinks are not exclusively used on the 71/72  ;)
Looking at the timetables for the 5 and 5A, I believe these are both on the same running boards (though I don't know which ones), certainly the 5A journeys that terminate at Solihull used to go back out as the 5.
31 evening journeys come off the 37 so will be on 37 running boards, no sure whether the change point is in Birmingham or Solihull, there are no morning peak extras
School services:
841 uses one bus (one AM journey, one PM journey), this used to go onto  the 1 in the morning from Acocks Green village, not sure if this is still the case.
885 uses three buses (three AM and three PM journeys), I believe these then go onto the 1. Don't quote me on this but I believe one of these 885 journeys starts as the 37 at 7:11am from Sparkbrook to Solihull, hence why I used to regularly see a President on the 37 in AG at about 7:25am
899 I don't know enough about, as I'm not normally around to see it. The morning journey used to return to Acocks Green as a short 37E, but as there are none of these timetabled now, that's obviously not the case any more.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Liberator9

Thanks Stu! I've put in your information and made the changes you've said about. My very big mistake regarding the Ex-Dundee Omnilinks working only on the 71/72 considering I rode 1949 down from Sutton on it only a few months ago!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk