News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

New Livery

Started by Liberator9, April 01, 2014, 06:37:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liberator9

I went to YW yesterday and whilst there someone said to me about the possibility of a new livery being rolled out again. He gave me a design of it and looks very similar to the  toothpaste livery. There is another version, with no silver lines. They are thinking of introducing this on the new ADL buses from mid June and the toothpaste Enviro 400s at YW, but they're going to test the livery out on a YW Scania, 1922, and also 1408, which is why the latter is currently withdrawn.  Personally think they're great although still no blue, but better than current offering from NX.

Westy

If this is true,  maybe you should have waited 24 hours before posting!

I suspect it isn't!

Liberator9

It's pure co-inicidence.

winston

Knowing NXWM, once all the fleet is finally in one livery they'll probably go & introduce a new one. No one is very keen on the current livery

P419 EJW

April's Fool? If not, then I'm annoyed that NXWM has spent a lot of money refurbishing the buses from TWM to NXWM. Now, NXWM is thinking of a new livery... I have to say the new livery is a bit shit, just boring red stripe. I guess I -could- try to like the second version with a silver stripe on. But... It would be way better if it would be a toothpaste, I liked the silver touch on the blue and red stripes.

Once refurbished to the new livery, let's hope it would look more smarter than the current livery and hope the red-ness won't fade quicker.

Travel West Midlands livery did look smart on every bus, not one looked dirty (to me anyway). NXWM livery, the white part can be easily get dirty in a short period of time. They should have left the TWM livery alone.

Isle of Stroma

gullible.com  For some reason, I have a very itchy chin.....

Stevo

Actually, a livery like that using the current red and white and the NatEx fleetname would be a marked improvement on the current 'one slab of red and one awfully big slab of white' version.

trident4370

Karl Pilkington springs to mind....

Liverpool Street

SNIFF SNIFF!

I scents chicken sh!t
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Stuharris 6360

Surprised that this thread wasn't locked at MIDDAY!!!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Stu

Oh, if only this had been posted yesterday, it would have made a great April Fools gag for my Facebook page!  :D
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Liberator9

yep, April's Fools ;) Thought I'd try although it's been easily found out! I apologise in advance if NX did come out in a month's time saying a new livery shall be intro'd and no one believes it! Still prefer the toothpaste; the red doesn't fade on the TWM liveried ones, certainly the Scanias. The NX livery Scanias have faded badly in areas and looks a mess. By the way those are Tony's pictures off the website, not mine.

Liberator9

Quote from: Stu on April 01, 2014, 06:20:44 PM
Oh, if only this had been posted yesterday, it would have made a great April Fools gag for my Facebook page!  :D

I'll remember for next year; I'll photoshop one into an all blue livery!

Stuharris 6360

An April Fool from London Bus Group

"Passengers using London 's buses will soon be able to guarantee getting a seat, following an announcement this morning by the Mayor.

Seat reservations will soon become available on an experimental basis on routes 8, 9, 10, 11, 24, 38, 148 and 390.  Reservations will be available online and will cost £1 per journey, payable either by bank card or by using Oyster pre-pay balance (available only to holders of registered Oyster cards).  Passengers will be able to choose which seat to reserve, using an interactive on-line diagram of the layout of the bus type scheduled to work that trip.  This will show which seats are available on the selected journey.

Seat reservations will use print-at-home tickets, which will identify the trip number and seat reserved.  Buses will be fitted with a small LED display to show the trip number.  Platform assistants (or drivers on trips where no platform assistant is present) will be responsible for printing seat reservation labels from the ticket machine and affixing them to the reserved seats prior to the start of each trip.

If the experiment is successful, the Mayor will lobby for funding to buy a further 7,500 New Routemasters to convert the entire bus network, so that passengers throughout London can enjoy the facility to reserve seats."
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

P419 EJW

Quote from: Liberator9 on April 01, 2014, 06:21:49 PM
yep, April's Fools ;) Thought I'd try although it's been easily found out! I apologise in advance if NX did come out in a month's time saying a new livery shall be intro'd and no one believes it! Still prefer the toothpaste; the red doesn't fade on the TWM liveried ones, certainly the Scanias. The NX livery Scanias have faded badly in areas and looks a mess. By the way those are Tony's pictures off the website, not mine.

Meeeh. You got me! +1 for fooling me. ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk