News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

First Bus - Wyvern

Started by nitromatt1, June 05, 2014, 08:41:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashley 60171

Saw 63362 on the 417 on Friday. Is that a regular turn nowadays?

willr7

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on December 02, 2019, 02:55:32 PM
Saw 63362 on the 417 on Friday. Is that a regular turn nowadays?

The most common vehicles used on the 417 are Optare Solo's (normally 53802 or 53207) and any Plaxton Centro's.

However, in Worcester you can see pretty much any single deck vehicle used on any route - I would say this is mainly down to the inter-working of many routes.

willr7

richardjones210368

It is being reported on midlandred.net and their members are rarely wrong on service changes that from 26th January the 144 is to be reduced to HOURLY from Brum to Worcester yet more slash and burn from First in Worcester and to think under Midland Red West the 143/4 ran every 15mins from Bromesgrove to Brum producing healthy returns until Frist started chasing margins over service growth you would hope Rotala will liberate Worcester at some point from this oppression if there is anything left to liberate.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: richardjones210368 on December 08, 2019, 10:11:13 AM
It is being reported on midlandred.net and their members are rarely wrong on service changes that from 26th January the 144 is to be reduced to HOURLY from Brum to Worcester yet more slash and burn from First in Worcester and to think under Midland Red West the 143/4 ran every 15mins from Bromesgrove to Brum producing healthy returns until Frist started chasing margins over service growth you would hope Rotala will liberate Worcester at some point from this oppression if there is anything left to liberate.

I suspect that it could be because of the improved Worcester line train. (yes even though there's problems at the moment) not only that but also reliability of service along Salt Rd and into Brum could be another reason.

willr7

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on December 08, 2019, 11:13:03 AM
I suspect that it could be because of the improved Worcester line train. (yes even though there's problems at the moment) not only that but also reliability of service along Salt Rd and into Brum could be another reason.

Apparently The main reason for this is that First Group have requested that Worcester reduce there PVR. I suspect that as pretty much every other route has been cut then the 144 is the only other route left that can be cut!

richardjones210368

I use it regulary to Longbridge and Rubery as its quicker than the 63 its normally full I havent noticed a difference with the Bromesgrove rail upgrade its a different market this again marks of the incompetence of First when I was at MRW it was the most profitable route after 57/8 I frankly think the Salt Rd thing was stupid and a great mistake the 144 should be red based on the old MRW livery. Droitwich has always had a good rail service and thats never effected loadings Catshill should be good country bus based on the data when I was there and even Ludlows 007 was commercial just look at the difference with the Saphire 110 the sooner First flog off Worcester the better and yes I have heard too that they want the PVR cut to boost the market values of the company.

winston

Quote from: willr7 on December 08, 2019, 11:31:03 AM
Apparently The main reason for this is that First Group have requested that Worcester reduce there PVR. I suspect that as pretty much every other route has been cut then the 144 is the only other route left that can be cut!

It sounds like what First Group are doing across all subsidiaries to boost profit margins of UK Bus prior to sale next year.

mikestone

I am surprised it hasn't been cut back to Bromsgrove, or possibly the station.

richardjones210368

Quote from: mikestone on December 08, 2019, 03:20:20 PM
I am surprised it hasn't been cut back to Bromsgrove, or possibly the station.
I get the 144 about twice a month and its always full

LazyGuy222

I've heard news that 32066/7 are off to Essex some point in the future.

Ashley 60171

I might be imagining it and I can't remember for the life of me where I saw it but I read that Stagecoach West were looking at Worcester but this probably isn't the case.

Cedric

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on December 09, 2019, 10:32:08 AM
I might be imagining it and I can't remember for the life of me where I saw it but I read that Stagecoach West were looking at Worcester but this probably isn't the case.
you where not imagining I saw it  two .  but think it was a rumor
diamond 8\10/125/292

richardjones210368

Quote from: Cedric on December 09, 2019, 12:13:52 PM
you where not imagining I saw it  two .  but think it was a rumor
Yes I have read that too and Evesham would be good fit for Stagecoach but surely Rotala have their eye on Worcester with the synergies of scale that would bring with it in Worcestershire & would Diamond Bus want Stagecoach so close to Redditch as they didnt move to but Kiddy & Redditch when they went on the market & other for the days of Citibus there is not much profit to be made on Worcester buses unless they moved onto a LEZ as the car rules away from schools and the trunks when I was at MRW the good money was made on the Redditch 57/58  thats whyRed  Diamond moved onto it and the Centro Contracts.

Cedric

Quote from: richardjones210368 on December 08, 2019, 10:11:13 AM

A BIG IF  rotala  did   buy Worcester   (which I think is very unlikely it would give the more workshop and paintshop   space in  the midlands  and  more safer storeage  for withdrawn  vehicles
diamond 8\10/125/292

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk