News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

First Bus - Wyvern

Started by nitromatt1, June 05, 2014, 08:41:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reece

Quote from: DiamondDart on September 11, 2015, 07:52:36 PM
I don't get where this first new decker for Worcester thing is resurfacing from... The VX54 tridents were new to FMR in 2005 and first used on Worcester christmas park and ride specials when new...
@DiamondDart The 5 54 reg Tridents were purchased brand new for First Redditch not First Worcester.

Reece

Quote from: DiamondDart on September 11, 2015, 07:53:09 PM
Also look to be loans with Leicester citybus legals
@DiamondDart The only reason this has happened is because these 4 StreetDecks were originally built for First Leicester so it was to their specification not First Worcester. New legals should be added next week for First Worcester because they are NOT long term LOANS!

PM

Quote from: Reece on September 11, 2015, 08:47:48 PM
@DiamondDart The 5 54 reg Tridents were purchased brand new for First Redditch not First Worcester.

Yeah but first used at Worcester within FMR! They didn't make it to Redditch until a while later!

John

Quote from: DiamondDart on September 11, 2015, 08:55:06 PM
Yeah but first used at Worcester within FMR! They didn't make it to Redditch until a while later!

According to Tony's fleetlist, they were first used in Leicester when new, then Northampton, then Redditch

T840MAK

35157 has also shown its face at Worcester today on delivery, again in the raspberry front.
Twitter @TomCousins60054
Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/modeltrains33/

DD12

The VX54 Tridents were delivered to the Worcester garage (Worcester had the head office of FMR back then) when brand new, along with some new "Pointer Darts"  ( - I'd love to see some photos !)
They were intended to be allocated to Redditch, but there were problems with this.
They quickly disappeared from Worcester without being used, but 2 or 3 of them reappeared on the Xmas P+R SPECIALS which were NOT operated from WR, but from Kidderminster, I believe.
All 5, "still-new", left FMR/Wyvern without being used on normal services, to work in Leicester + Northampton for many months.

When they eventually returned, they put-in surprise appearances at Evesham and Kidderminster (Again, I'd love to see photos)  before settling-down as intended at Redditch.
The StreetDecks are the first NEW dds for WR since 1967.

P.S.  I hope Reece is right about the FMR legals getting applied soon  -  then I "can die a happy man !"   

PM

Quote from: DD12 on September 11, 2015, 09:45:32 PM
The VX54 Tridents were delivered to the Worcester garage (Worcester had the head office of FMR back then) when brand new, along with some new "Pointer Darts"  ( - I'd love to see some photos !)
They were intended to be allocated to Redditch, but there were problems with this.
They quickly disappeared from Worcester without being used, but 2 or 3 of them reappeared on the Xmas P+R SPECIALS which were NOT operated from WR, but from Kidderminster, I believe.
All 5, "still-new", left FMR/Wyvern without being used on normal services, to work in Leicester + Northampton for many months.

When they eventually returned, they put-in surprise appearances at Evesham and Kidderminster (Again, I'd love to see photos)  before settling-down as intended at Redditch.

P.S.  I hope Reece is right about the FMR legals getting applied soon  -  then I "can die a happy man !"   

You're right about Leicester and Northampton, marketing there even briefly showed new ALX400's entering service that they knew wouldn't be stopping :P

They are still not the first new deckers since 1967, I'd be surprised if deckers were ever ran from KR as the roof was purpose designed to be too small for deckers at the request of the then general manager. If they had been then everything would have basically been done at Worcester, washing etc.

I believe Worcester may have had staff shortages around this time, which led to odd allocations and even 144's running from Kidderminster for a while!

They then went to Redditch and got branded up, get around every... which one of them still has one of the offside vinyls for all these years later!

DD12

Quote from: DiamondDart on September 11, 2015, 09:51:25 PM

They are still not the first new deckers since 1967, I'd be surprised if deckers were ever ran from KR as the roof was purpose designed to be too small for deckers at the request of the then general manager.

WRONG !!
These ARE the first NEW DDs allocated to WR garage since 1967 !! (ie normal services etc) .

AND  ... First ran a selection of Deckers from  KR despite the lack of headroom, including "Green Bus" examples !

I hope Tony Hunter is watching this thread ! ( I don't think members should be allowed to post rubbish like that from Diamond Dart !)

Reece

Quote from: DD12 on September 11, 2015, 09:45:32 PM

@DD12 I am glad I am not the only one who is excited about Worcester having *BRAND NEW* Deckers. It's been a long wait but they are finally here in the form of 4 Wright StreetDecks. :D

jc

Kidderminster at one time had a small fleet of deckers mainly two from the 3812* batch for GB work (Redditch had the other two and Lance 67241 for this work). At this time (around 2005) they also gained Trident 33404 as a back up vehicle, this would have only been a year or two old at the time and there were plans to allocate it permanently, 33402 at Evesham garage too.

In later First Group years 31452 had seen use from Kidderminster depot, mostly on service 3, but it did however manage at least a turn on the X3.

In the later 2000's a pair of former Glasgow and Evesham 31378 and 31379 were stored at Kidderminster awaiting scrap, 31455 would later join them there.

DD12

Quote from: jc on September 12, 2015, 06:45:13 AM
Kidderminster at one time had a small fleet of deckers mainly two from the 3812* batch for GB work (Redditch had the other two and Lance 67241 for this work). At this time (around 2005) they also gained Trident 33404 as a back up vehicle, this would have only been a year or two old at the time and there were plans to allocate it permanently, 33402 at Evesham garage too.

In later First Group years 31452 had seen use from Kidderminster depot, mostly on service 3, but it did however manage at least a turn on the X3.

In the later 2000's a pair of former Glasgow and Evesham 31378 and 31379 were stored at Kidderminster awaiting scrap, 31455 would later join them there.

THANKS  JC.

Trident 4194

What routes will they be allocated?

Ashley 60171

Is 67602 back on the road yet?

jc

67602 not out the workshop as far as i am aware

The Streetdecks and the new 'Big' Streetlites will jointly operate the 44 services to Malvern, from what i understand they are rerouting one of the variants (there has been As, Bs and Cs for years now) to avoid certain roads that have low hanging trees

Reece

But I expected some of the StreetDecks will make it onto the 144 route eventually.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk