News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

First Bus - Wyvern

Started by nitromatt1, June 05, 2014, 08:41:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4194

Quote from: Matt on May 24, 2015, 09:31:46 PM
Thanks @DiamondDart. Think I'm going to do a trip to Worcester & Hereford next week

Which routes?

PM

Quote from: Matt on May 24, 2015, 09:31:46 PM
Thanks @DiamondDart. Think I'm going to do a trip to Worcester & Hereford next week

No worries!

PM

Quote from: Matt on May 24, 2015, 09:38:55 PM
Also - why does the 44B to Ledbury only run on Saturdays? Is the route covered by another operator during the week?

It's just for the Summer. Normally Worcester-Ledbury is covered by the 417 service run by Astons, although not via an especially similar route.

http://www.travelinemidlands.co.uk/wmtis/XSLT_TTB_REQUEST?language=en&command=direct&net=twm&line=03417&sup=%20&itdLPxx_direction=H&project=y11&outputFormat=0&itdLPxx_displayHeader=false&itdLPxx_sessionID=CEN_EFA02_432316725&lineVer=1&itdLPxx_spTr=1&itdLPxx_operatorCodeForTTB=AST

Solo1

What was the decker in midland livery from Worcester
doing going up by old square in Birmingham
last night just after 17.00

Trident 4194

Quote from: Solo1 on May 29, 2015, 05:44:31 AM
What was the decker in midland livery from Worcester
doing going up by old square in Birmingham
last night just after 17.00

33404  I think

47609FireFly

Looks as though 32645 has returned to Leicester with, ALX400 bodied, 32067 on the cards to be its replacement.

Cedric

First Hereford up for sale    see this link for  details http://www.firstgroup.com/about-us/news/statement-first-bus
affects other first companies as well
diamond 8\10/125/292

winston

Quote from: Cedric on June 29, 2015, 04:38:01 PM
First Hereford up for sale    see this link for  details http://www.firstgroup.com/about-us/news/statement-first-bus
affects other first companies as well

Interesting... Hereford might be of interest to Rotala to add to KR & RH to re-build MRW

First are intending to withdraw all Hereford services & shutdown the depot from 5th September
https://www.facebook.com/bbcherefordandworcester

Cedric

Quote from: Winston on June 29, 2015, 05:02:36 PM
Interesting... Hereford might be of interest to Rotala to add to KR & RH to re-build MRW
personally I do not think Worcester  will  last  long  after

diamond 8\10/125/292

the trainbasher

Quote from: Winston on June 29, 2015, 05:02:36 PM

First are threatening to withdrawn all Hereford services & shutdown the depot from 5th September
https://www.facebook.com/bbcherefordandworcester

Would think Stagecoach would be a fit for the Hereford area as it's more their territory

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

winston

Quote from: the trainbasher on June 29, 2015, 05:10:05 PM
Would think Stagecoach would be a fit for the Hereford area as it's more their territory

Possibly, but there's plenty of scope to expand & link Hereford in with existing Rotala services through potentially acquiring independents such as DRM, Sargents, Yeomans Canyon Travel etc

arrifirststage

Quote from: Winston on June 29, 2015, 05:19:02 PM
Possibly, but there's plenty of scope to expand & link Hereford in with existing Rotala services through potentially acquiring independents such as DRM, Sargents, Yeomans Canyon Travel etc

Who knows..........if I had to bet I would say Stagecoach who already run in from Cardiff,Abergavenny,Ross on Wye,Gloucester and Hay on Wye.
The attraction of adding a batch of Town Services and reducing dead mileage to and from the above places may be very enticing.
Most of the independents only exist at the moment on tendered work and bits picked up in the past after being discarded by Midland Red West/First,and I wouldn't think they would be worth buying.

winston

Quote from: arrifirststage on June 29, 2015, 05:36:20 PM
Who knows..........if I had to bet I would say Stagecoach who already run in from Cardiff,Abergavenny,Ross on Wye,Gloucester and Hay on Wye.
The attraction of adding a batch of Town Services and reducing dead mileage to and from the above places may be very enticing.
Most of the independents only exist at the moment on tendered work and bits picked up in the past after being discarded by Midland Red West/First,and I wouldn't think they would be worth buying.

To be fair, most of the independents suggested have much more modern fleets than First Hereford, so their work must generate a decent income

Ashley 60171

Bit of guesswork but perhaps Potteries will benefit from Hereford's DDA compliant fleet.

Justin Tyme

Historically the best interurban routes into Hereford were (and I think still are) from the south - Ross and Monmouth - and these are in the hands of Stagecoach.  With the exception of First 420 to Worcester, most other services are in the hands of various independents, including the very successful DRM with three-axle Scanias and Sargeants who have a Spectra and other newer vehicles.

As First are closing Hereford garage rather than selling it, can we presume that Stagecoach are not that interested in Hereford city?  If so, the Yeomans group could be worth watching.

Worcester is a different matter.  First are doing quite well there - probably better than in the Potteries - and the allocation at WR is not that much smaller than First Leicester's fleet.   

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk