News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markcf83

Quote from: Bob on December 12, 2023, 10:52:57 AMProb a decent spec if ex cardiff
It will be. I live just over the mountain from Cardiff. Incidentally they took two. 
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Mayfield

Why put merry Christmas from Centrebus on Chaserider 639

Tony

Quote from: Mayfield on December 13, 2023, 09:23:47 PMWhy put merry Christmas from Centrebus on Chaserider 639
Because they are part of Centrebus group 

Westy

Quote from: Tony on December 14, 2023, 07:03:15 AMBecause they are part of Centrebus group
Does the average Cannock punter know who Centrebus is?

(Apart from the on loan / transferred vehicles of course!)

Mayfield

Exactly my point, just poor P.R.

Tony

Quote from: Mayfield on December 14, 2023, 07:24:06 PMExactly my point, just poor P.R.
Why? Nothing wrong with letting people know the ownership, do you think Transdev have bad PR using a fleetname and then putting Transdev on the bus as well?

Bob

Reliability as always today on the 74. The 14.50 stafford to Cannock , volvo 191 broke down just after stafford town centre. The next one, one of the scanias, at 3.20pm didnt even make it that far and according to the driver of the streetlite theyve dragged out the depot to run what shouldve been the 332 from cannock which left at 4pm, broke down at the sun inn leaving stafford. Good job they sent the streetlite cos the 4.02 obv wont run either

tank90

Quote from: Mayfield on December 14, 2023, 07:24:06 PMExactly my point, just poor P.R.
Or is it more to the fact that on the buses it should have something to say that they are part of the Centrebus group?
Like First (f), National Express, Rotala, Transdev & Go Ahead do on their buses. Which then means that it doesn't matter if Rotala wished its customers a merry Christmas because that blind update would be able to be used at any of the Diamonds, Preston Bus and Hotel Hoppa. Same with First where they have local brands and identities, same with NX with TWM and Cov. There are links with in the branding of the areas and on the buses to make a connection.

So, no not poor P.R. just poor base brand identity. It's completely irrelevant of PR.
If you looked closely at an ASDA store you knew it was part of the Wal-Mart family as bits of equipment had it plastered over it (recycling bags for top stocking and POS trolleys)
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

Quote from: Bob on December 15, 2023, 04:08:06 PMReliability as always today on the 74. The 14.50 stafford to Cannock , volvo 191 broke down just after stafford town centre. The next one, one of the scanias, at 3.20pm didnt even make it that far and according to the driver of the streetlite theyve dragged out the depot to run what shouldve been the 332 from cannock which left at 4pm, broke down at the sun inn leaving stafford. Good job they sent the streetlite cos the 4.02 obv wont run either
Stop moaning. Breakdowns happen not everything is perfect. Find a hobby instead of sitting in your chair waiting for buses to breakdown so you can slag them off

Also it didn't breakdown it got stuck in traffic so was running late. Get your facts right 

Bob

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on December 15, 2023, 04:51:25 PMStop moaning. Breakdowns happen not everything is perfect. Find a hobby instead of sitting in your chair waiting for buses to breakdown so you can slag them off
I was on the bus actually....yeah buses do break down, but theirs do to abysmal levels. 

Bob

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on December 15, 2023, 04:57:02 PMAlso it didn't breakdown it got stuck in traffic so was running late. Get your facts right
Which one....cos 191 was sat dead at the bus stop...we passed it. Oh and the driver stated it broke down ( the scania). Also so it got stuck in traffic, where did it go then

Bob

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on December 15, 2023, 04:51:25 PMStop moaning. Breakdowns happen not everything is perfect. Find a hobby instead of sitting in your chair waiting for buses to breakdown so you can slag them off
Oh and maybe lose the attitude....

Mayfield

So explain to the passengers why recently acquired 572 had D & G fleet name, Centrebus Holding legals on a Chaserider route

Quote from: Mayfield on December 15, 2023, 05:43:40 PMSo explain to the passengers why recently acquired 572 had D & G fleet name, Centrebus Holding legals on a Chaserider route
Because it was over for repaint. They're the same company so it doesn't matter if they have different logos. As long as it shows the chaserider legal with the address then they're allowed to do whatever. Like NX use buses from Coventry garage if they need them 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk