News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Recent posts

I'm pretty sure with all the legal challenges and wrangling that would occur against franchising, it won't get done in the 4 years this mayor has.

Such a small majority of votes will very likely mean that unless this new guy gets everything right (and labour's track record does not point to that happening in the west Mids!) he will be gone in 2028 and franchising hopefully won't be a thing here. In Manchester that mayor has a big majority of can get away with stuff like this as he knows Labour will still be there in 2028 and beyond.

Garage threads / Re: Acocks Green Garage
Last post by 2900 - Today at 09:23:30 AM
Quote from: Celestial Toymaker on May 03, 2024, 05:37:31 PMIn recent years (before the split) The Circle had become intensely unreliable, often i waited for a bus 45 minutes to the Hour, the display says one will be along in 5 minutes or whatever but nothing came along, no social media info on why its not running, phone AG Garage they say its reported as running with no issues,
The Following day it said there might be delays "yesterday"

The 80 has become as bad, often buses have just ignored stops either when trying to get off or when waiting to get on,
i recently inquired from the driver when i was over carried by 5 stops on the 80 - the response was "we are allowed to delete stops if we are running late in order to keep time, as long as we do not delete timing points !"

REALLY ??!!
The 80s drivers reply is news to me, as far i am aware you can't keep folks on a bus against there will, i drop off folks away from stops i just make sure its by the foot path etc , i,ve seen people throw up just after letting them off etc, some one having a  panic attack episode they need to get off
Well if mr Labour mayor starts to push franchising, there'll be no point in Mobico/NX investing in new vehicles for the fleet as they'll likely lose out on the franchises and have their stock transferred to those wonderful Midlands-based companies like Go-Ahead and Abellio. 
Other Operators / Re: Chaserider
Last post by BlackCountryBusSpotter - Today at 12:43:38 AM
Well I got there fine with my Nbus ticket from Darlo noticed YX63 that is usually on the 35A was On the 36 and at about 17:50-6PM there was a 73 plate B8 I assume on the 60 later that according to the timetable left at 18:25
Rotala / Re: Diamond West Midlands - Ti...
Last post by BlackCountryBusSpotter - Today at 12:38:35 AM
Quote from: karl724223 on Yesterday at 05:01:50 PMNot me nothing to do with me
I think you may have been hacked or someone pretending to be you 
37 was Diverted again today I didn't know having spent some of the night back in Darlo after celebrating Darlo winning promotion. I walked to Queen Elizabeth Aveune and Wolverhampton Road only to see 4737 on diversion Down Wolverhampton Road. But I have found they do also lob bricks at the Buses in Bentley on Chruch Greeen @Westy might know that as St Giles Church on Queen Elizabeth Aveune opposite the shops just after the first stop on Queen Elizabeth Aveune. This wasn't an issue a few years ago speaking to someone who used to go Willenhall Comp it is the year 7's and 8's who joined after I left. So as I suspected it would be although half of the staff I remember being there left so maybe discipline On that regard is lacking as the old staff knew what happened on the 41, 69, 37, 333X, 40 back in the day and any asb or Fights they would know. 
Quote from: Celestial Toymaker on Yesterday at 08:39:48 PMwell, Labour are in IT'S OFFICIAL (just announced) so lets see how much of Andy Streets mess, they can clear up ???

So you think this will be the golden bullet that the buses need do you ?
Arriva / Re: Arriva Leicester
Last post by Mayfield - Yesterday at 10:30:45 PM
Quote from: Mayfield on Yesterday at 08:53:46 AMOnly 5 DB250's left on Bustimes today and 2 more electrics 8014/7
8015/6/20 now added and according to bus times all 19 in use today
Rotala / Re: Diamond West Midlands - Ti...
Last post by winston - Yesterday at 10:30:05 PM
Quote from: karl724223 on Yesterday at 05:01:50 PMNot me nothing to do with me
Did it say it was.... but someone is using your name as their username & also trying to remove NXWM buses from bustimes fleetlist

They've also been a member for sometime:
https://bustimes.org/accounts/users/1975/
QuoteLook at the mess of labour controlled Birmingham City Council... don't hold your breath.....
Considering who is in Whitehall and suffocating local authorities...
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk