News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

X30 Ansty Park

Started by Sandy Lane, April 30, 2021, 01:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ellspurs

Quote from: Justin Tyme on January 05, 2024, 12:54:08 PMI appreciate what you're saying. I used the word 'subsidise' to mean funding the contract for the service. Do we know who lets the contract? I get the impression from earlier posts here that it isn't a TfWM contact.
https://bustimes.org/registrations/PD0001111/877

The registration says "Homes England".

Sandy Lane

Downstairs on some of the electric deckers I see that A4 size printed notices have been stuck to the window in large text saying 

X30 service to continue 
following renewal of our contract .........

Stu

Quote from: Sandy Lane on January 05, 2024, 07:53:10 AMAgree services should be self funded to at least break even. I think you may mis-understand what I mean about on-site marketing the X30. This is not about selling tickets at cut price. This is about TfWM spending a full day at each business at Ansty Park with a 'pop up' marketing stand talking to the employees and explaining about how good the X30 link is. Also TfWM should listen to employee concerns and take away any issues that are raised.

I doubt that relying on each business organisation's HR team to do this on behalf of TfWM will achieve very much. TfWM should be out there on the front line selling the product. The stand is best placed in popular and well used staff break out / canteen areas.
I can partially agree with where you're coming from. But this isn't a bus service that is funded by TfWM, it is paid for by the owners of Ansty Park, therefore the onus should be on them to work with their business unit occupiers to promote and encourage bus travel on the X30 amongst their employees. 

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Sandy Lane

X30 service is struggling to keep to time this am in the peak. Both buses seen in convoy at 0905 heading out to Ansty Park. I feel sorry for the drivers as it must be impossible for them in the heavy traffic.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk