News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Arriva Oswestry

Started by John, July 27, 2015, 05:57:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Depotosw

Quote from: samash on July 10, 2018, 06:47:25 AM
Unfortunately it's not all about the passengers liking a bus, if you are unable to reverse it off Shrewsbury bus station then it is unfit for service, same with the 449 at Hindford, and even on the yard!

Totally agree with your comments but it wasn't always having that issue reversing at Shrewsbury on which I base my comments on and provided some good months doing normal service, only the last couple of months it appears troublesome, would be nicer to see another example appear in a newer coat of paint however! The use of 2546 on peak workings out of Shrewsbury on the 70 of late isn't ideal on the under end of the scale!

samash

Quote from: Depotosw on July 10, 2018, 06:37:07 PM
The use of 2546 on peak workings out of Shrewsbury on the 70 of late isn't ideal on the under end of the scale!

Yes that can be quite interesting, during the day it's perfect for the 70 as it has excellent acceleration and handling for a 15 year old bus! However I imagine it would be quite fun on a peak time journey, although I haven't yet had the pleasure of having '46 on an evening peak. Saying that for the loading I had this morning on the 70/8A a Ford Galaxy would've sufficed!

Depotosw

Quote from: samash on July 10, 2018, 06:47:25 AM
Unfortunately it's not all about the passengers liking a bus, if you are unable to reverse it off Shrewsbury bus station then it is unfit for service, same with the 449 at Hindford, and even on the yard!

Fully agree with your comments with 4707 currently, but my comments with it been liked by the passengers were some months ago when it didn't have such issues when it covered service work daily on the 70/70A for weeks opposed to its 405 duty. It would be nice to see a replacement in a newer coat of paint. I was trying to point out regarding 4802 been a Y reg DLA that it was considered unsuitable for operation at Oswestry due to its height and Whittington Road bridge tight clearance compared to 4707 been the reason for 4707 been allocated to Oswestry (4707 and 4802 swapped at Telford). The current Telford DLAs such as 4803 Y485 UGC would present the same issue as 4802 did as the same height, unsure if 4806/7 are any better in that respect. 

TOF719S

I was looking at 4707 today and the seats look well passed their best to be fair. Hopefully something a little tidier can be found to replace it?
Any idea what will come for the 54 service in September? 3717 would be nice  ;D

PointerDart

Quote from: TOF719S on July 11, 2018, 07:58:21 PM
I was looking at 4707 today and the seats look well passed their best to be fair. Hopefully something a little tidier can be found to replace it?

You're welcome to it! It broke down the other day. Mechanics came out - broke again half an hour later after just one full loop of Brookside!

Depotosw

Quote from: TOF719S on July 11, 2018, 07:58:21 PM

There was talk of 4709 appearing to replace 4707 a few times but it ended up in Luton, at least the paint on it looks very tidy! There are some 52 plate examples that would be welcome too.

What's the betting 2985 appears for the 54 to join 2986/7.

Depotosw

Quote from: samash on July 10, 2018, 07:21:09 PM
Yes that can be quite interesting, during the day it's perfect for the 70 as it has excellent acceleration and handling for a 15 year old bus! However I imagine it would be quite fun on a peak time journey, although I haven't yet had the pleasure of having '46 on an evening peak. Saying that for the loading I had this morning on the 70/8A a Ford Galaxy would've sufficed!

The 70 wouldn't have coped with a 11.1M Versa a few years ago, wasn't that long ago the 07:32 was rammed standing on the SPDs by West Felton on a college day, same with the 16:42 and 17:42 ex SY back in the day. I don't think the messing around with the X70 on peak turns some years ago helped things out, passengers started to drop.

It was notable a number of weeks ago 2986 failed at Shrewsbury on the 17:17 trip and 2546 worked the 17:47, you can guess the loading result at a peak time on a Friday! 2546 does appear to be much better than 6005/06 saying that!

Depotosw

3756 has arrived at Oswestry this evening, extra spare for the 2 series of services to Wrexham due to the EasyCoach competition on route 2.

PointerDart

Quote from: Depotosw on July 25, 2018, 11:40:19 PM
3756 has arrived at Oswestry this evening, extra spare for the 2 series of services to Wrexham due to the EasyCoach competition on route 2.

Good luck with that one; has one of the most confused and jumpy gearboxes ever :/

TOF719S

Quote from: PointerDart on July 26, 2018, 07:26:42 AM
Good luck with that one; has one of the most confused and jumpy gearboxes ever :/

The workshop staff at Oswestry are very good with the SB200 so I'm sure they will have it running at its best within a few days.

Depotosw

Noted Shrewsbury Park and Ride livery Versa 2969 YJ60 LUH at the yard in Oswestry this teatime, reason unknown but suspect a loan?

Depotosw

4806 X502 GGO is now in service at Oswestry, it was on a morning 53 trip before been swapped off. 4707 Y707 XJF appears to be now out of service as a result.

Depotosw

4707 since departing Oswestry has now resurfaced at High Wycombe and returned to service there.

2546 is has been appearing on the 70/70A to Shrewsbury on a daily basis the whole of last week and appears to be following that trend last week, not ideal as I encountered as a passenger twice last week!

4806 for anyone looking for it on a school day works on the 53 Ellesmere and later PM 449 trips to Welshampton unless it gets swapped off. It should be working on the 405 School Service which is a decker specific contact but this seems to be seeing mainly Scania operation at the moment.

Depotosw

3782 has appeared at Oswestry from Telford today and pressed on route 53 Oswestry - Ellesmere. It has replaced 3756 which has returned to Telford for a few weeks as suggested and are expected to revert back.

Depotosw

3785 FL63 DXT has gone to MRC (Derby) this week for repaint, the batch 3785-91 are expected to follow in turn. Repaint float cover Cadet 2704 BU02 URY arrived today at Oswestry as the cover for this.

3782 FL63 DXP is still covering for 3756 YJ61 FEF.

Meanwhile Versa 2986 YJ09 LBL has been out of use for nearly two month now and stored in the yard following been towed in from a major unit failure.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk