News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Diamond West Midlands - Tividale

Started by the trainbasher, January 23, 2015, 03:30:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EK40

Quote from: spacecowboy150 on September 27, 2023, 08:44:33 PMWhat are peoples opinions on the E200s from Little gem
honestly they are in a bad state, shoddy regional spec conversion aside the seats are rock hard and rattle really badly (LJ09 KPA especially thing gave me a headache after a few mins), and seem to havent had an interior wash in a while, one of the ex abellio ones even had a seat that was nearly yellow with dirt a massive downgrade from the ex transdev B7RLEs that used to roam the 4H/4

Jack

They do seem a bit tired but it's expected from being in London, but they can shift I will give them that. Nice vehicles just shame none have had a refurb.

winston

Streetlite 20161 is broken down on doubke yellows opposite Asda Petrol garage, Merry Hill with no hazards on. 

Trident 4194

May I make a strong suggestion @Simon Dunn theres clearly an issue with either A) the drivers on the 4H or B) the timetable. Since nx withdrawal of the route it has been terribly unreliable. I do not understand why this is. 

Also re routing the 142 via hasbury as well as the 142A would be beneficial to the people that have lost the link along the hagley road. 

Many complaints from round here. We've lost 4 buses an hour and now have a terrible service. 

winston

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 08, 2023, 03:16:53 PMMay I make a strong suggestion @Simon Dunn theres clearly an issue with either A) the drivers on the 4H or B) the timetable. Since nx withdrawal of the route it has been terribly unreliable. I do not understand why this is.

Also re routing the 142 via hasbury as well as the 142A would be beneficial to the people that have lost the link along the hagley road.

Many complaints from round here. We've lost 4 buses an hour and now have a terrible service.
142 / 142a ARE tendered routes, it is TfWM that decide the routes they take.

B61 ANDREW

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 08, 2023, 03:16:53 PMMay I make a strong suggestion @Simon Dunn theres clearly an issue with either A) the drivers on the 4H or B) the timetable. Since nx withdrawal of the route it has been terribly unreliable. I do not understand why this is.

I waited 40 minutes at Halesowen bus station yesterday for a 4H going towards Walsall. It was not any problem for me but a number of passengers were not too impressed with the new timetable !  And of course as we are loading , another 4H pulled in behind us. There was an announcement over the PA system apologising for certain services running late due to roadworks , I'm not sure if the 4H was mentioned though.   

Ash

Bramford Lane is closed towards Oldbury so there on diversion in that direction so that's not helping. They have changed stands at West Brom and the 16A at 17.41 used the old stand drove off leaving the waiting passengers behind. 

uniquicity

Quote from: Ash on November 08, 2023, 06:06:10 PMBramford Lane is closed towards Oldbury so there on diversion in that direction so that's not helping. They have changed stands at West Brom and the 16A at 17.41 used the old stand drove off leaving the waiting passengers behind.

Driver on the 45 pulled up at the old wrong stop on Tuesday morning (literally opposite to where it is now), didn't believe me when I told him he was in error...

Jack

Quote from: uniquicity on November 08, 2023, 06:47:58 PMDriver on the 45 pulled up at the old wrong stop on Tuesday morning (literally opposite to where it is now), didn't believe me when I told him he was in error...
What was the whole point in them swapping and moving stops to start with anyway? Makes sense they serve the same stop.

spacecowboy150

Why are Streetlites now being allocated instead of ex-little Gems vehicles

EK40

Quote from: spacecowboy150 on November 09, 2023, 07:38:26 AMWhy are Streetlites now being allocated instead of ex-little Gems vehicles
Presume you are on about the 4H?
Id guess a vehicle capacity requirement was added  and the e200s didnt fit it

Would rather have lites than those things anyway tbh

B61 ANDREW

Quote from: spacecowboy150 on November 09, 2023, 07:38:26 AMWhy are Streetlites now being allocated instead of ex-little Gems vehicles
E200 30702 Looks to be based over at Redditch now. 

winston

Quote from: B61 ANDREW on November 09, 2023, 12:37:28 PME200 30702 Looks to be based over at Redditch now.
It's more likely just a loan, Redditch have been borrowing a number of Tividale & Kidderminster buses the past couple of weeks including 30508, 30707 & 32288

Kidderminster also have Versa 30969

spacecowboy150

Quote from: winston on November 09, 2023, 01:11:57 PMIt's more likely just a loan, Redditch have been borrowing a number of Tividale & Kidderminster buses the past couple of weeks including 30508, 30707 & 32288
of course Kidderminster got 30707, one of the slowest E200s known to man and it gets used on the country route 145 every day. I caught it on the 145 a week ago and it was 20min late. I bet 30707 operating the service was the sole cause for that

Simon Dunn

The 4H corridor was over bussed - the new frequency is aimed at making this work.  

The 4H timetable went live on 5th November - I am advised some unplanned roadworks are affecting the time keeping of the service.  To help manage this, we have additional vehicles and staff.   Should the new timetable not work, the provision will be revised.

Simon 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk