News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Coventry Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 02:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valandil

Quote from: Nathan on March 28, 2014, 08:09:45 PM£100? Bit cheap isn't it? ;) Yes there is a thread for it in the NXWM thread :)

Oops, missed the 'm' off the end -- the deal is reported to be worth £100million.
Now amended.

JoNi

If it doesn't break down 1553 is in service with sky blue front working journeys from city 09:04 18A, 10:24 18,  11:34 18A, 12:54 18

paulb1973

Quote from: JoNi on April 03, 2014, 07:59:35 AM
If it doesn't break down 1553 is in service with sky blue front working journeys from city 09:04 18A, 10:24 18,  11:34 18A, 12:54 18

I haven't seen it yet - but had noticed its transfer on Tony's updates. It was of-course originally based in Coventry.

Valandil

Quote from: ben710 on March 15, 2014, 11:57:40 PM
If you look at the NX website closely you'll see that road re surfacing in Browns Lane will affect service 7 which will terminate in Allesley Village.
I'm wondering if we'll see our first 7E (or an interesting alternative), and whether drivers will try and be naughty (like in the early 2000's if I remember correctly) and turn at the triangular junction at the top of Allesley Village (rather than using Rye Hill and the A45/A4114 roundabout).

There's an updated announcement now available, as well as mention of a free shuttle bus to the stops that the 7 won't be able to reach:
http://nxbus.co.uk/coventry/information/temporary-diversions/browns-lane-closure

JPC

:o  Now here's some sudden news from NX Coventry:

Service Changes from 27th April:

Service 27:
National Express Coventry will no longer operate this service. This service is operated under contract to Centro and an alternative route will be provided by another operator from this date, for details please see the Network West Midlands website

Extra journeys on Service 27A:
We are adding extra journeys in the morning peak Monday to Friday from Middlemarch Business Park at 0724, 0754 & 0824 to Pool Meadow Bus Station via Toll Bar End & Whitley.

These extra journeys will offer more buses along London Road and a more direct link from Toll Bar End and Whitley to the City Centre in the morning peak

All other journeys on service 27A are unchanged.

The new timetable for service 27A will be available shortly on our website.

Valandil

Quote from: JPC on April 09, 2014, 11:12:07 PM
:o  Now here's some sudden news from NX Coventry:

Service Changes from 27th April:

Service 27:
National Express Coventry will no longer operate this service. This service is operated under contract to Centro and an alternative route will be provided by another operator from this date, for details please see the Network West Midlands website

Extra journeys on Service 27A:
We are adding extra journeys in the morning peak Monday to Friday from Middlemarch Business Park at 0724, 0754 & 0824 to Pool Meadow Bus Station via Toll Bar End & Whitley.

These extra journeys will offer more buses along London Road and a more direct link from Toll Bar End and Whitley to the City Centre in the morning peak

All other journeys on service 27A are unchanged.

The new timetable for service 27A will be available shortly on our website.

Thanks for this: very interesting.
I won't be surprised if the 41 and 27 are merged.

paulb1973

Presumably NXC will cease to run the 27A as well, so only provides a service along Robin Hood Road, St James' Lane/Willenhall Lane & Remembrance Rd in the Willenhall/Toll Bar End area (and nothing at all on London Rd east of the St James' Lane junction).

Valandil

Quote from: paulb1973 on April 10, 2014, 06:13:00 PM
Presumably NXC will cease to run the 27A as well, so only provides a service along Robin Hood Road, St James' Lane/Willenhall Lane & Remembrance Rd in the Willenhall/Toll Bar End area (and nothing at all on London Rd east of the St James' Lane junction).

If they do cease to run the 27A, it won't be for a good  while yet -- in fact they are improving their service on this route at the moment.
I hope that this service is renumbered at some point (unless the replacement for the 27 is also called the 27): the number 22 is available and would be an obvious candidate.

JPC

Hmm, the only idea I can think of is extension of Johnsons service 87 to Toll Bar End,  :o
Yes? because of the heap of slack time the 87 currently has at Pool Meadow it could not only cover the 27 route at a hourly frequency with just one extra bus but also serve Stonehouse Estate and call via Canley Road or Bransford Ave on a alternate basis at relevant times of the day (i.e between 10am and 3pm) which will allow Centro to abolish the 41 and 47 contract whilst they're at it.  8)
This long route will also reintroduce a 'direct' link from Willenhall to the Rail Station which I think was a big moan when the previous service 11 was replaced with service 3A in February 2012.

NXC's 27A service was and will continue to run as a commercial service, those new journeys have obviously been inserted because the buses would otherwise just be returning dead back into City.

paulb1973

Quote from: JPC on April 11, 2014, 02:27:00 PM
Hmm, the only idea I can think of is extension of Johnsons service 87 to Toll Bar End,  :o
Yes? because of the heap of slack time the 87 currently has at Pool Meadow it could not only cover the 27 route at a hourly frequency with just one extra bus but also serve Stonehouse Estate and call via Canley Road or Bransford Ave on a alternate basis at relevant times of the day (i.e between 10am and 3pm) which will allow Centro to abolish the 41 and 47 contract whilst they're at it.  8)
This long route will also reintroduce a 'direct' link from Willenhall to the Rail Station which I think was a big moan when the previous service 11 was replaced with service 3A in February 2012.

NXC's 27A service was and will continue to run as a commercial service, those new journeys have obviously been inserted because the buses would otherwise just be returning dead back into City.

Ah right, so the 27A will be retained by NXC - might seem a bit odd to the general/travelling public, but the loadings on the shorter 27 do seem quite low. The 27A doesn't perform a grand tour of Whitley & Willenhall I seem to recall.

JPC

Quote from: paulb1973 on April 12, 2014, 06:21:05 PM
Quote from: JPC on April 11, 2014, 02:27:00 PM

Ah right, so the 27A will be retained by NXC - might seem a bit odd to the general/travelling public, but the loadings on the shorter 27 do seem quite low. The 27A doesn't perform a grand tour of Whitley & Willenhall I seem to recall.

Will agree the 27 having just one stop in the City Centre (and at the far end of Pool Meadow!) isn't very helpful, but a through route to/from the Lower Precinct and Retail Market area would certainly get more people on board.

Beano2211

Stagecoach are going to run the 27!!

Valandil

Quote from: Beano2211 on April 14, 2014, 12:24:00 AM

Interesting stuff!
I wonder which depot will run it?
My guess is that it will be put in with the 86's, as I think the (C)61 was.

The revised timetable for the 27A is now available on the Network West Midlands website.

Beano2211

Quote from: Valandil on April 14, 2014, 09:01:21 AM

Interesting stuff!
I wonder which depot will run it?
My guess is that it will be put in with the 86's, as I think the (C)61 was.

The revised timetable for the 27A is now available on the Network West Midlands website.

I believe it will be Nuneaton.

paulb1973

Did the former Midland Red South operate minibuses in the Whitley/Stonehouse estate/Toll Bar End areas? - if they did and bearing in-mind Stagecoach's take-over of MRS routes in the early 90's - we have come full circle as it were.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk