News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Coventry Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 02:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulb1973

Quote from: Winston on January 10, 2020, 11:36:38 PM
That depends on what the 191 allocation was made up of, B7RLE's are longer @ 12M than any Nationals / Fleetlines  / Metrobuses etc, then buses aren't parked so tightly together in depots these days due to health & safety, there's dedicated marked parking lanes with much wider gaps between parked buses which will also reduce capacity slightly. Not sure who much is already parked outside/up the side overnight.

In 1986-87 etc Metrobuses, Fleetlines & Nationals indeed dominated - not sure how many are parked outside, but a good 40 or more I should think. So that still leaves around 120 inside - which is quite a lot. c.190 was probably the peak number ever housed at WT, with a very gentle decline ever since, bar an upturn in 2018/19.

Ben

Quote from: sandboy20 on December 30, 2019, 02:24:08 PM
How on earth can "via Coventry" be an improvement ? Given that most routes operate within
the Coventry boundary "via Coventry" is absurd and totally unhelpful to most travellers. I also
find it rather insulting.
I agree there was a problem before September with "via City Centre" as the generic default but NX
Coventry vehicles never seem to have much flexibility with destination displays particularly in the era
of digital display

'Coventry' puts Wheatley Street in line with the other garages that could not use "City Centre" its probably as simple as that.

Although,
"District"
"Central Business District"

"Pool Meadow" would be best otherwise "Cross Cheaping" (Who would want to get a bus to Cross Cheaping) or "Trinity Street"

Or, we could have none and require passengers specify their destination to the driver.

JPC

The 'Tile Hill' destination for services 4 and 10 are somewhat vague and neither of which serve anywhere near the district centre at Jardine Crescent.
If it was up to me I would have the 4 display 'Tile Hill Village' and 10 display 'Torrington Avenue' - despite both terminating at the same location but it'll be à la former 10/11 services to Eastern Green/Broad Lane.

paulb1973

Quote from: JPC on January 19, 2020, 04:37:40 PM
The 'Tile Hill' destination for services 4 and 10 are somewhat vague and neither of which serve anywhere near the district centre at Jardine Crescent.
If it was up to me I would have the 4 display 'Tile Hill Village' and 10 display 'Torrington Avenue' - despite both terminating at the same location but it'll be à la former 10/11 services to Eastern Green/Broad Lane.

'Tile Hill South' has been displayed previously - which is geographically about right!

ellspurs

Quote from: paulb1973 on January 10, 2020, 08:24:05 PM
No separate service number for Nuneaton journeys (bearing in mind service 20 as far as Bedworth still run) I note. So no '20D' or even a 20N.

The Stagecoach 48 has been running to either Atherstone/Tamworth or Leicester for a few years now without having a separate service number, so the customers on the route should be used to that by now.

Ben

A single decker (20 branded) is on the back of a tow truck back to the garage.

Gareth

6952 and 6967 parked up on Moor Street Queensway. Was hoping to see 7000 pass to complete a last Fleetline day hat trick!

JoNi

Attention dude red 4358 is on 16 today its actual position can be tracked on Bustimes.org!

ellspurs

This morning in Coventry City centre, I saw a red/white liveried NXWM bus operating. I only saw the back of the bus, and it looked like it was numbered 28. That route number doesn't exist on the NXC website. Does anyone know what route it does?

I also saw a red/white bus in Kenilworth Town Centre (not sure if it was the same bus). I do note it had more passengers on it (two) than I saw on most Stagecoach buses in Warwick/Leamington/Stratford today!

Tony

Quote from: ellspurs on March 26, 2020, 06:50:54 PM
This morning in Coventry City centre, I saw a red/white liveried NXWM bus operating. I only saw the back of the bus, and it looked like it was numbered 28. That route number doesn't exist on the NXC website. Does anyone know what route it does?

I also saw a red/white bus in Kenilworth Town Centre (not sure if it was the same bus). I do note it had more passengers on it (two) than I saw on most Stagecoach buses in Warwick/Leamington/Stratford today!

Getting about a bit aren't you?

28 is a service for JLR

ellspurs

Quote from: Tony on March 26, 2020, 06:58:37 PM
Getting about a bit aren't you?

28 is a service for JLR

Depending on whomever's route I am covering, I can be anywhere from Ceredigion to Hunstanton/Stalham west to east, and Lincoln to Aylesbury north to South.

And I didn't realise the JLR routes sometimes had normal route numbers - now I know!

JoNi

Does anyone know if and when NXC are taking over the 1 and whether there will be special timetable? I assume it will be worked with E200s.

Adam 404

Quote from: JoNi on April 07, 2020, 09:27:20 PM
Does anyone know if and when NXC are taking over the 1 and whether there will be special timetable? I assume it will be worked with E200s.
All now on the website - https://nxbus.co.uk/routes/coventry/C01/?timetable[day]=&tab=

ellspurs

Quote from: Adam 404 on April 08, 2020, 03:56:10 PM
All now on the website - https://nxbus.co.uk/routes/coventry/C01/?timetable[day]=&tab=

I remember when the 1 used to be Chapelfields to Toll Barr island. There's at least a retail park there now.

JoNi

The 11 and 12X are changing after Easter with 12X reduced to hourly.
On Easter Sunday and Easter Monday there is no 12X running and the speel on the NXC website implys the current 11 timetable is running on those days but there is an 11 timetable posted starting 12th April (Easter Sunday)  with  morning journeys retimed to run earlier from University!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk