News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Coventry Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 02:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandy Lane

Quote from: JoNi on June 05, 2019, 10:59:09 PM
Well cross link with 8s that sit for up to 10 minutes at station to keep clock face headways....mind you that probably wouldn't be possible with routes being individual cost centres!
I guess the X30 route will be monitored for a couple of weeks before anything happens?

the trainbasher

What's usually allocated to the CV PM FRI JLR J6 workings and the JLR 28 workings on Friday's?

Also what's usually allocated to the X30/539/580?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

CL

Quote from: the trainbasher on June 13, 2019, 06:52:12 PM

Also what's usually allocated to the X30/539/580?
From observation, it looks as though

539/580 - (red/white) Enviro 200s
X30 - Volvo B7RLE Eclipse 2s

It has been mentioned in another thread, but I'd give you the benefit of the doubt if you'd missed it, lol

Quote from: Tony on May 29, 2019, 05:46:43 PM
If anyone's interested, here's the updated route/vehicle allocation for CV from Sunday 2 June:

Enviro E200:
23, 28 (JLR), 539 & 580.

Volvo B7RLE/Wright Eclipse:
X30, 4, 5, 7, 20 and 23.

Volvo B7TL or Dennis Trident ALX400:
10 plus various schools/peak boards.

Volvo B7TL/Wright Gemini:
6 and 18.

Enviro 400:
8, 9, 13, 16 and 21.

Enviro 400MMC:
11 and 12X.

Naturally there may be a couple of interworkings and swaps depending on vehicle availability. As usual, during University vacation periods, Enviro 400MMCs will see service on other routes.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

the trainbasher

Quote from: CL on June 13, 2019, 06:57:24 PM
From observation, it looks as though

539/580 - (red/white) Enviro 200s
X30 - Volvo B7RLE Eclipse 2s

It has been mentioned in another thread, but I'd give you the benefit of the doubt if you'd missed it, lol

Cheers

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

JoNi

Red 4362 on 16 about 11am to Keresley

JoNi

Red 4358 10 to Eastern Green 11am

Coventry Transport Dude

Quote from: JoNi on June 15, 2019, 10:53:14 AM
Red 4362 on 16 about 11am to Keresley

Thank you for the heads up JoNi on 4362, as it's much appreciated, although i unfortunately didn't see your message until just before 3pm, which was my own fault there !  I shot straight up to the Keresley Road soon afterwards and walked up and down it and up both Keresley Green Road and part of Bennetts Road South as well (to kill a bit of time !), but sadly 4362 was nowhere to be seen ?  All was not lost though, as i grabbed a quick photo of old Tridents 4373 and 4374 while i waited, but just not the 43 hundred'r that i was really after !!! (I just hope that it and 4358 will still be out and about in service here on Monday ?).

JoNi

Alas information regarding
most of National Express bus operations havent appeared on BusTimes.Org yet. The disruption to bus services in Edinburgh caused by Extinction Rebellion can be seen on the site. I dont understand why these people mess up public transport when they would cause more effect if they laid in the road at the entrance to a huge out of town shopping centre!

Coventry Transport Dude

Finally got to see, photograph and travel on both the on-loan Tridents 4358 and 4362 today and good runners they both appeared to be to !  4358 was out earning its keep on the 10 route, while 4362 was on the 21 !

One Driver on another Dennis Trident i was on today sure needs to be a bit more careful when he uses his brakes, as he slammed his foot down on the pedal so hard, that it threw me forward into a panel and the ticket machine as well, as i was stood on the platform ready to get off !  My right arm and shoulder were certainly in a bit of pain afterwards, but fortunately my arm is OK tonight at the minute, but my shoulder unfortunately is still sore ! (God only knows where National Express found this Driver ???lol).

Tony

Quote from: Coventry Transport Dude on June 17, 2019, 08:22:06 PM
Finally got to see, photograph and travel on both the on-loan Tridents 4358 and 4362 today and good runners they both appeared to be to !  4358 was out earning its keep on the 10 route, while 4362 was on the 21 !

One Driver on another Dennis Trident i was on today sure needs to be a bit more careful when he uses his brakes, as he slammed his foot down on the pedal so hard, that it threw me forward into a panel and the ticket machine as well, as i was stood on the platform ready to get off !  My right arm and shoulder were certainly in a bit of pain afterwards, but fortunately my arm is OK tonight at the minute, but my shoulder unfortunately is still sore ! (God only knows where National Express found this Driver ???lol).

If he did brake that hard it will have triggered drive cam, so management will see it, but he will have done it for a reason. I find comments like this quite offensive

Coventry Transport Dude

I sincerely hope the management don't get to see it Tony, as i wouldn't want the Driver to get into trouble, which is why i never said anything to him and made a fuss about it at the time and also why i didn't mention what Bus i was on when it happened !  To be honest, i think he just panicked when he saw me on the platform, as he obviously never heard me ring the bell and i just assume he also didn't want me to end up getting off a lot further down the road than what i'd intended ???

Anyway, nothing was broken and i just hope and pray that nothing was filmed of it ??? 

"SORRY" Tony for any offence i might have caused you by my comment !!!!!!!!!

Tony

Quote from: Coventry Transport Dude on June 17, 2019, 08:43:39 PM
I sincerely hope the management don't get to see it Tony, as i wouldn't want the Driver to get into trouble, which is why i never said anything to him and made a fuss about it at the time and also why i didn't mention what Bus i was on when it happened !  To be honest, i think he just panicked when he saw me on the platform, as he obviously never heard me ring the bell and i just assume he also didn't want me to end up getting off a lot further down the road than what i'd intended ???

Anyway, nothing was broken and i just hope and pray that nothing was filmed of it ??? 

"SORRY" Tony for any offence i might have caused you by my comment !!!!!!!!!

Management automatically see every heavy braking. Drivecam makes a recording of a few seconds before and after the event both inside and outside the bus and all are watched. This shows why heavy braking was made

Coventry Transport Dude

Quote from: Tony on June 17, 2019, 08:50:42 PM
Management automatically see every heavy braking. Drivecam makes a recording of a few seconds before and after the event both inside and outside the bus and all are watched. This shows why heavy braking was made

I'm fully in favour of any Drivecam / Dashcam idea really, especially with all that Crash for Cash nonsense and other scams that people might unfortunately get up to these days, when they think they can see pound signs flashing before them ???  Really annoys me all that, what some people like to get up to, but if anything unfortunately was recorded today, it was only because the Driver noticed me on the platform at the last minute and i really don't want him to get into any trouble at all for that, as i myself am OK and it's probably best just to forget all about it now really ? 

Bus Drivers must have a tough enough job as it is at times, with loony drivers either cutting them up or parking illegally and then there's no-doubt some annoying passengers to deal with as well (lol), but i myself can't honestly fault any of Coventry's Drivers in general, as they're all great to be fair and always polite enough and get me from A to B safely and with a number of them being Master Drivers as well, it just proves how good some of them really are !!!

Anyway Tony, "SORRY" once again for upsetting you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coventry Transport Dude

I noticed today that 4414 was still standing out in the yard at the Swanswell end of Wheatley Street Garage and i just wondered if anyone roughly knows at all please, when it was last used in service, as it seems to have been there for quite awhile now ? (4372 was standing directly behind it !).

JoNi

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk