News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Coventry Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 02:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandy Lane

JPC

I would hope the X30/X31 is virtually same timetable, ideally I think all journeys should operate as X31 apart from the obvious pre-0930 towards Ansty Park and post-1530 towards City.
There might be the option of reducing or removing the off peak service - all dependent on what TFWM is willing to fund of course.

Kevin

Quote from: JPC on May 04, 2019, 07:04:41 PM
I would hope the X30/X31 is virtually same timetable, ideally I think all journeys should operate as X31 apart from the obvious pre-0930 towards Ansty Park and post-1530 towards City.
There might be the option of reducing or removing the off peak service - all dependent on what TFWM is willing to fund of course.

Is the X30/31 necessarily funded by TfWM? Or is it something more from Ansty Park itself?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

JPC

Quote from: Kevin on May 04, 2019, 07:09:50 PM
Is the X30/31 necessarily funded by TfWM? Or is it something more from Ansty Park itself?

Ah, a bit of digging on Google and found this document which seems to indicate it is a 48 month contract tendered by 'Homes England' (previously known as 'Homes and Communities Agency').
- I suppose TFWM might badge it as theirs!.

Sandy Lane

Quote from: JPC on May 04, 2019, 07:04:41 PM
From my limited observations the Diamond X30/31 service struggled to run to half hour times with 2 buses in the peaks due to traffic congestion and could be really late. Wonder how NXC will sort this out?

mark114

Very good point Sandy Lane cannot see whoever takes over sounds like it will be NXC with the extra traffic in the morning peak they will struggle to make up time during the day

CL

Have not long ago seen a Coventry E200 passing the A45, from Damson Parkway and entering Birmingham Airport.. The side blind, from what I could see, was displaying a message much longer than 'Not in Service'

Has any transferred to AG to make up for any of 831-835 going onto the 99/A12? Possibly a loan, even?
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Tony

Quote from: CL on May 14, 2019, 08:09:01 AM
Have not long ago seen a Coventry E200 passing the A45, from Damson Parkway and entering Birmingham Airport.. The side blind, from what I could see, was displaying a message much longer than 'Not in Service'

Has any transferred to AG to make up for any of 831-835 going onto the 99/A12? Possibly a loan, even?

It's on Coventry's JLR run

CL

Quote from: Tony on May 14, 2019, 08:14:16 AM
It's on Coventry's JLR run
Ah, that makes much more sense. 😂 Thanks for clearing that up.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

JPC

Quote from: Sandy Lane on May 05, 2019, 10:01:51 AM
From my limited observations the Diamond X30/31 service struggled to run to half hour times with 2 buses in the peaks due to traffic congestion and could be really late. Wonder how NXC will sort this out?

X30 Timetable is now on NXC website, ..which confirms all journeys will be X30.

Sandy Lane

Quote from: JPC on May 14, 2019, 06:48:49 PM
X30 Timetable is now on NXC website, ..which confirms all journeys will be X30.
Thks. Looks generally like still a similar 30 min service all day with now a 20 min freq in morning peak?

Sandy Lane

X30 appeared to be about 15 late during tonights peak?
Its only day 2. Could it be the spice girls concert traffic or a sign of things to come?

Matt.N0056

Quote from: Sandy Lane on June 04, 2019, 06:27:02 PM
X30 appeared to be about 15 late during tonights peak?
Its only day 2. Could it be the spice girls concert traffic or a sign of things to come?

With no changes to the running times during the afternoon peak, they will struggle the same as Diamond did.

It needs more running times in peaks - either by reducing the frequency or adding an extra bus

Sandy Lane

Quote from: Matt.N0056 on June 04, 2019, 06:53:43 PM
With no changes to the running times during the afternoon peak, they will struggle the same as Diamond did.

It needs more running times in peaks - either by reducing the frequency or adding an extra bus
or changing the route maybe to miss some of the traffic? How about divert from the Forum via Longfellow Rd, Hipswell and Belgrave Rd? Save 5 mins each trip?

JoNi

Quote from: Matt.N0056 on June 04, 2019, 06:53:43 PM

Well cross link with 8s that sit for up to 10 minutes at station to keep clock face headways....mind you that probably wouldn't be possible with routes being individual cost centres!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk