News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Coventry Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 02:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: CL on December 07, 2018, 11:05:10 PM
Figured this would be the most suitable place to ask.. (apologies if it's been asked before)

Would I be able to use my Regional nBus Swift on the 11 from Leamington Spa? I've never had a problem when using a paper pass from Leamington before, but I was wondering whether the Swift card would, or rather, would not scan. ??? I only ask as it's happened before where my pass didn't register and I ended up paying a cash fare. This incident happened to me on the X70 when I was outside the network boundary - which hadn't occurred to me - and I scanned my passed to which the scanner read "this pass cannot be used here".

Thanks.
No it wouldn't work, as Leamington Spa is a long way across the border and in Warwickshire, so it is not valid there.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Trident 4609

Quote from: CL on December 07, 2018, 11:05:10 PM
Figured this would be the most suitable place to ask.. (apologies if it's been asked before)

Would I be able to use my Regional nBus Swift on the 11 from Leamington Spa? I've never had a problem when using a paper pass from Leamington before, but I was wondering whether the Swift card would, or rather, would not scan. ??? I only ask as it's happened before where my pass didn't register and I ended up paying a cash fare. This incident happened to me on the X70 when I was outside the network boundary - which hadn't occurred to me - and I scanned my passed to which the scanner read "this pass cannot be used here".

Thanks.

No. Leamington Spa is not in the nbus zone. It can only be used as far as Warwick Uni from Coventry (might be slightly further down the route). I'm planning to visit Leamington next week so have purchased an NX regional pass on my swift card accordingly instead of my usual pass.

CL

Thanks both. That's a shame. :(
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

DJ

You can go to Leamington Spa on a Network Daytripper however, if you buy the addon. That's only on the train though, and not the buses, and you also can't use the train from Coventry to Leamington Spa. Kinda restrictive but it's an option. Alternatively if you already have a pass that covers the trains, you can just buy a return from Solihull or Coventry to Leamington.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

John

NX Coventry's Facebook page suggests some of the Platinums may be out in service this afternoon

Tony

Quote from: John on December 10, 2018, 11:20:36 AM
NX Coventry's Facebook page suggests some of the Platinums may be out in service this afternoon

6954 has just done a loop of the bus station and is now parked on the drive

Tony

6954 now in service, currently in Leamington Spa

winston

Quote from: Tony on December 10, 2018, 04:38:22 PM
6954 now in service, currently in Leamington Spa

Has it entered service with the standard NXWM Platinum logo's?

John

Quote from: Winston on December 10, 2018, 04:59:45 PM
Has it entered service with the standard NXWM Platinum logo's?

Sure that is the one I saw a picture if on Flickr with Coventry logos and a Purple 'Platinum' logo

Tony

Quote from: John on December 10, 2018, 05:18:26 PM
Sure that is the one I saw a picture if on Flickr with Coventry logos and a Purple 'Platinum' logo

They will all be like that before entering service

Coventry Transport Dude

6954 was doing Driver Training for most of this morning, but was only going from Wheatley Street Garage, doing a loop around Pool Meadow and then going back down to the Garage again. (6952 then took over this role in the afternoon, doing exactly the same circuit !).  I did hear that one of the Platinum's (must have been 6952 ?) headed off at lunchtime to go into service, but was brought straight back to the Garage, as there was a problem with it ? (Something to do with its Destination Display i think ?).  6954 was the first one to actually go into service and be able to do its actual run, leaving Pool Meadow on the 11 to Leamington Spa at just after 3.15pm.  After taking a few photo's before it left its stop on its maiden voyage (lol), i quickly jumped on it for its first ever journey.  The Driver did unfortunately seem to have a few problems with it, as when he got just down the road to the stop in Cox Street, its Engine never shut itself off as i was expecting it to, but for some reason, when the Driver wanted to pull away from the stop, it just wouldn't go anywhere ?  I was sitting upstairs directly above the Cab and all i could hear was the Driver putting the handbrake OFF, then ON, then OFF again, but still no movement ?  Then he opened and closed the Doors a few times, but still no luck, but then all of a sudden out of the blue, we were off !  That was until we got up the road and 'round into Much Park Street, where the same thing happened all over again, but this time the Driver radio'd into the Garage and i assume he must have been asking for a replacement Bus, as i couldn't hear him too clearly from upstairs ?lol.  The Bus must have been standing there for about 15 minutes, but the Driver never gave up trying the Doors, Handbrake and whatever Buttons he hadn't already pressed beforehand, but he must have done something right, as off we went yet again, leaving Much Park Street at 3.40pm !  The Bus seemed to run like a dream after that, which is what i'd expect from an expensive new Bus like that, but one thing that did surprise Me about it and that was that there was none of the Stop, Start, Stop, Start nonsense, which i was very pleased about !  I'm not really too keen on them when they do that, even though it will be saving National Express lots of money in fuel over a period of time i guess and also helping to save the Planet at the same time (lol), by causing less air polution.  With its Engine not shutting itself off as i was expecting it to, i was tempted to stay on 6954 all the way to Leamington and back, but much to my disappointment, just outside of the Warwick University campus, its Engine started to do what it was meant to at every Stop and that is to switch itself off !  Some Passengers sitting behind me were heard saying: "OH NO, IT'S GONE AND PACKED UP AGAIN" ???  I turned 'round and told them that it's OK, as the Bus is meant to do that, much to their relief, but "NOT TO MINE" !!!lol.  I only stayed on it for a couple more stops after that and jumped off it at the Warwick University Bus Hub / Terminus !  When i got back into Town afterwards, i spoke a chap i know in Pool Meadow and he told me that 6952 also went out in service (to try again for a second time ?lol) and it couldn't have been too far behind 6954, when it set off on its journey over to Leamington ???

Coventry Transport Dude

Since typing my post here above about the Platinum's, i had to pop back into Town tonight to see a mate who was out on late's driving and he told Me that 6952 never actually made it out into service at all today ?  When the guy who i spoke to earlier today in Pool Meadow said that he saw it going across the top of Pool Meadow, out in service not too long after 6954 had gone out, what he actually must have saw was just 6952 still Driver Training and doing its loop around the Bus Station, which it had been doing all afternoon anyway !  So 6954 was the only one to make its debut out in service today after all !!!!!!  There was meant to have been a third Platinum go out in service as well, but why it never went out, or which one it would have been, that i sadly don't know ???

Tony

6958 just entered service on the 14:35 11 to Leamington

JoNi

Presume thats the Coventry bound platinum Ive just seen outside Coventry Station.

Tony

Quote from: JoNi on December 11, 2018, 07:22:18 PM
Presume thats the Coventry bound platinum Ive just seen outside Coventry Station.

Could be any of 6952; 6954; 6957 & 6958 all on the 11 this afternoon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk