News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Coventry Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 02:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ

Quote from: :D on June 05, 2018, 01:06:18 PM
They run a different route, I believe the NX one goes via Kenilworth whilst stagecoach is direct and is about 10-15 minutes quicker. Is it really a competition though?

I'd call them competitors, yes. The NX one does take a longer route but is also cheaper as far as I know, and serves the university directly, whereas the Stagecoach X17 skirts the edge of the campus and costs a little more.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

:D

Quote from: StourValley98 on June 05, 2018, 02:27:59 PM
I'd call them competitors, yes. The NX one does take a longer route but is also cheaper as far as I know, and serves the university directly, whereas the Stagecoach X17 skirts the edge of the campus and costs a little more.

U1/U2 is a much more frequent and takes an express route and goes directly into the campus and NX is only a tenner cheaper per term.

Tony

When West Midlands Travel first started running to Leamington it was full on competition with services matched. There was the 12 Coventry-Leamington much like the 11 is now and also a 112 which missed Kenilworth following what is now the U1 route

:D

Quote from: Tony on June 05, 2018, 02:52:17 PM
When West Midlands Travel first started running to Leamington it was full on competition with services matched. There was the 12 Coventry-Leamington much like the 11 is now and also a 112 which missed Kenilworth following what is now the U1 route

Thanks!

paulb1973

Is there any reason as to why recent repaint 4841 has gained the older shade of blue - thought it was to be the first in the revised darker shade?

Sandy Lane

4771 on 11u sounds a bit noisy this afternoon.

Coventry Transport Dude

I called by at Wheatley Street Garage this afternoon and all of the last six Bendi buses (6014, 6015, 6017, 6018, 6020 & 6021) have now been taken away from the Garage, much to my horror !!!!!!  Was told afterwards by some chap in Pool Meadow, that they were all taken down to Stanstead Airport last week on the back of a low-loader ? (Thought they might have just been towed, but either way, i'm still sorry to see them now finally gone !).

While at Wheatley Street Garage though, i did see a National Express Coach (registered: FJ11 MKK) standing in the middle of the yard there, with some Coventry Drivers either sitting in it, or just looking around it !  Soon afterwards, one of the Coventry Drivers took this Coach out of the yard, then through Pool Meadow and round up onto the Ring Road and looked to be on Driver Training Duty ???  I guess this must be in preparation for when National Express take over the providing of transport for the Jaguar / Land Rover works ??? 

Tony

Quote from: Coventry Transport Dude on June 20, 2018, 05:20:36 PM
I called by at Wheatley Street Garage this afternoon and all of the last six Bendi buses (6014, 6015, 6017, 6018, 6020 & 6021) have now been taken away from the Garage, much to my horror !!!!!!  Was told afterwards by some chap in Pool Meadow, that they were all taken down to Stanstead Airport last week on the back of a low-loader ? (Thought they might have just been towed, but either way, i'm still sorry to see them now finally gone !).

While at Wheatley Street Garage though, i did see a National Express Coach (registered: FJ11 MKK) standing in the middle of the yard there, with some Coventry Drivers either sitting in it, or just looking around it !  Soon afterwards, one of the Coventry Drivers took this Coach out of the yard, then through Pool Meadow and round up onto the Ring Road and looked to be on Driver Training Duty ???  I guess this must be in preparation for when National Express take over the providing of transport for the Jaguar / Land Rover works ???

Yes 119 is currently allocated to Coventry

Coventry Transport Dude

"WOW", that's great news and thanks for letting me know Tony !!!!!!!!!! ("I appreciate that" !).

Coventry Transport Dude

I saw a freshly repainted 2174 coming through Pool Meadow ("OUT OF SERVICE") yesterday (22/6/18) and then heading around and down towards Wheatley Street Garage, possibly just arriving back home from the Paint Shop ???

Sandy Lane

There are at least 3 NX livered coaches being parked up at the front of the garage early this evening where the 4 bendies used to park.

Gareth

Quote from: Sandy Lane on June 29, 2018, 07:47:15 PM
There are at least 3 NX livered coaches being parked up at the front of the garage early this evening where the 4 bendies used to park.

Now part of WT's allocation.

Tony

Quote from: Sandy Lane on June 29, 2018, 07:47:15 PM

Coventry's allocation is 119, 138, 140, 142, 156, 157 & 161.

161 is the only one not currently at CV. Due to arrive tomorrow morning

Coventry Transport Dude

I saw a broken down 4207 (with its hazard lights on !) standing in Upper Well Street (near the old Telegraph Office) at about 3.30pm this afternoon and on leaving Town at just before 5.00pm, it was still standing in the same spot !  How long it had been there before i saw it and how long it remained in Upper Well Street after i'd left Town, that i don't know, but with a Bus Garage not too far away, it's a pity that they don't still have their old Foden Tow-Truck in there to pop down the road and tow 4207 in ? (Shame they ever got rid of that truck !).

Was surprised to see the elusive 2146 out on the road again today (for what must be for the first time in at least a month or two ?) and as it was the only Coventry based Bus that i'd never actually traveled on yet, i made sure that was the Bus that i caught home from Town, so as to finally complete all of the Coventry Bus fleet ! (Am not even going to consider chasing after all the Brummie & Black Country Buses next, as there's too many of 'em to try and find ???lol).

BK63 YWP

Is the b7 that was in the fire getting scrapped
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk