News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Coventry Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 02:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

E036 has lost its E-ON overall ad, currently on the X1. 

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

E034 the latest bus to have the e.on wrap removed

Coventrybususer95

Is the end near for e-on adds?
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on March 04, 2024, 10:58:00 AMIs the end near for e-on adds?
The plan was to only have them wrapped for 1 month but it lasted slightly longer but yes the end is near now

E035 the next one to have e.on wrap unwrapped. Currently having its paintwork touched up 

Wba_lad

I've seen a vid of a Coventry electric on the X1 which has had a pretty nasty accident by looking at it. I've heard that it's E062 involved and that the bus is a write off, I don't believe this being how new they are. Anyone able to confirm anything please?

SK68MEV

Quote from: Wba_lad on March 14, 2024, 10:38:34 AMI've seen a vid of a Coventry electric on the X1 which has had a pretty nasty accident by looking at it. I've heard that it's E062 involved and that the bus is a write off, I don't believe this being how new they are. Anyone able to confirm anything please?
i think it will most likely get repaired but tony will confirm it 
Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

winston

Quote from: Wba_lad on March 14, 2024, 10:38:34 AMI've seen a vid of a Coventry electric on the X1 which has had a pretty nasty accident by looking at it. I've heard that it's E062 involved and that the bus is a write off, I don't believe this being how new they are. Anyone able to confirm anything please?
It's highly unlikely to be written off, it sustained frontal accident damage only. 

If it was to be written off, it will be Zenebe's decision not NX's. 

frostjay974

Will E062 be replaced with one of the Zenobe spares for the time being?

Stu

You're being fed rubbish again by the sound of it.

Insurers are hardly likely to write-off a vehicle worth nearly half a million pounds, not unless it had been completely destroyed!

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Wba_lad

Quote from: Stu on March 14, 2024, 08:17:39 PMYou're being fed rubbish again by the sound of it.

Insurers are hardly likely to write-off a vehicle worth nearly half a million pounds, not unless it had been completely destroyed!

That's why I said I did think highly unlikely, hopefully everyone involved was okay and survived. Bus will be off the road for a long time.

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Stu on March 14, 2024, 08:17:39 PMYou're being fed rubbish again by the sound of it.

I've just seen that video too on the small heath highway driver not in proper lane. X1 looked to be driving quite quick, think the car looked worse off 

filbus1

Quote from: monkeyjoe on March 14, 2024, 09:45:55 PMI've just seen that video too on the small heath highway driver not in proper lane. X1 looked to be driving quite quick, think the car looked worse off
The bus driver was within the speed limit and has been cleared of any blame. Amazing that he kept the bus under control.

Stu

Quote from: frostjay974 on March 14, 2024, 07:06:11 PMWill E062 be replaced with one of the Zenobe spares for the time being?
I would guess so, if it is going to be out of action for some time while undergoing repairs. That is of course what the 'spares' are for.

Quote from: monkeyjoe on March 14, 2024, 09:45:55 PMI've just seen that video too on the small heath highway driver not in proper lane. X1 looked to be driving quite quick, think the car looked worse off

Yes, first impressions are that the bus does appear to be speeding, however it's only because the other traffic is stationary that it makes the bus look like it is going faster than it was.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Stu on March 15, 2024, 06:49:38 PMI would guess so, if it is going to be out of action for some time while undergoing repairs. That is of course what the 'spares' are for.

Yes, first impressions are that the bus does appear to be speeding, however it's only because the other traffic is stationary that it makes the bus look like it is going faster than it was.
The road is a 40mph road, Electrics have a maximum speed fo 70kph (43mph), so definitely within the 10% normally allowed by police, but probably not driving flat out. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk