News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Coventry Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 02:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danthebusman

Quote from: JPC on July 18, 2023, 10:30:59 PMA couple of NXC changes now listed on BusTimes website effective 4th September...

Service 24 : Route revised to operate between Coventry and Kenilworth to an amended timetable. Journeys numbered 24A serve Bubbenhall, 24 omit it.

Service 25 : Changes to timetable and route numbering. Service 25 remains as the main route, 25A serves Bubbenhall and 25X operates predominantly along A45.

Service 85 : Minor changes to timetable
also noticed it says on bustimes that the 24 will be operated by both NXC and NXWM?

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: Danthebusman on July 20, 2023, 08:32:36 AMalso noticed it says on bustimes that the 24 will be operated by both NXC and NXWM?
Could be a mistake on there end 
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Danthebusman

JPC

Quote from: Danthebusman on July 20, 2023, 12:23:39 PMit has to be surely

Yes, this has happened before with the 11 to Leamington Spa put in the NXWM list and should be corrected in a future update.

Diverting the 85 was a cheap way of covering the former 1 route but I guess any remaining affected passengers will now be directed/fobbed off to on demand services.

The changes to the 24/25 might be a resemblance to the old 539/580 timetable when NXC tookover in 2019 where the odd journey ran direct Stretton to Dunchurch etc.
The link from Kenilworth to Tile Hill was frequently and unhelpfully diverted or chopped due to HS2 construction works - another area for on demand I guess.
I still wonder if there is scope at some point in the future to extend the Stagecoach 88 from Balsall Common covering Berkswell, Carol Green, Tile Hill South terminus, Burton Green to Kenilworth but at the likely expense of reduced frequency or an extra bus.

Quote from: JPC on July 20, 2023, 04:01:42 PMDiverting the 85 was a cheap way of covering the former 1 route but I guess any remaining affected passengers will now be directed/fobbed off to on demand services.
Or take the 13 to Coventry from Binley Road. (closest stop to new centry park it seems). Which has a late evening and frequent daytime service.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Coventrybususer95

I'm surprised that they haven't cut back the 24 from tile hill south as it has about 4 different bus services already
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

ellspurs

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on July 20, 2023, 04:44:24 PMI'm surprised that they haven't cut back the 24 from tile hill south as it has about 4 different bus services already
The post at the top of this page says that it is listed on bustimes (ie from the data feed) that it is being cut back to Kenilworth from September, likely due to the delays caused by HS2 construction.

Danthebusman

only 28 SDs out today so far out of a possible 41 (832 is excluded as in paint) which is really low for a Saturday but i'm not complaining, just found it strange for NXC 🤣

Tony

Quote from: Danthebusman on July 22, 2023, 01:40:10 PMonly 28 SDs out today so far out of a possible 41 (832 is excluded as in paint) which is really low for a Saturday but i'm not complaining, just found it strange for NXC 🤣
832 isn't in paint

Tony

More chargers were switch on yesterday allowing more electrics to be charged. E146 & E150 should be the next two to enter service

Danthebusman

i doubt the 14 and 18 will be interworking after tomorrow with the 14 daytime frequency going to 30 mins and the 18 remaining at 20 mins

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: Danthebusman on July 23, 2023, 04:50:20 PMi doubt the 14 and 18 will be interworking after tomorrow with the 14 daytime frequency going to 30 mins and the 18 remaining at 20 mins
Could the 14 and the 2 inter work 

JPC

The new 14 timetable is also useless for anyone travelling from Cannon Park shopping centre, nobody will want to be waiting at University of Warwick for 17 minutes. :rolleyes:

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: JPC on July 23, 2023, 05:42:29 PMThe new 14 timetable is also useless for anyone travelling from Cannon Park shopping centre, nobody will want to be waiting at University of Warwick for 17 minutes. :rolleyes:
They won't have to wait that long surely they could get the 11/12x to Coventry 

JPC

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on July 23, 2023, 05:47:31 PMThey won't have to wait that long surely they could get the 11/12x to Coventry
I was talking about passengers who have Tile Hill Village, Eastern Green etc. as their intended destination, I certainly think the schedulers purposely want a bus service to fail.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk