News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Predictions for 2024

Started by Stu, December 09, 2023, 07:48:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Just for a bit of fun, what does your crystal ball see for next year?

I'll start with the following...

NX Bus's plan to have 300 new electric buses in service 'by December 2024' delayed until 2025 due to issues with getting chargers installed at garages.

Stagecoach to actually announce an order of electric buses for its Leamington, Nuneaton and Rugby garages, so that Coventry can become an all-electric bus city in 2025.

NX Coventry to announce and place an order for single-deck EVs.

Richard Parker to become the new Labour mayor of the West Midlands, and plans to franchise buses to be accelerated.

Opening of new rail stations at Moseley, Kings Heath and Pineapple Road delayed until 2025.

NX Bus announce locations of new garages in Longbridge and Kitts Green to replace the Birmingham Central depot.

Stagecoach to announce and open a new depot in Birmingham/Solihull.

The 20 hydrogen buses at Walsall will be used all day every day of the week.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Ronnoc

I predict that ALX400s/Geminis will last beyond 2024, possibly due to my prediction of delayed electrics.

I predict that NX will make an order for some Wright Electroliners this year.

The WMR class 730s will be delayed on the Cross City line further until the end of 2024/2025.

There will still be non-euro 6 vehicles beyond February.

Rachvince53

I predict that Rotala will look to expand their business in the North West and Midlands but sell off their South East part. 

I predict that the new  West Midlands Labour Mayor will promote the idea of taking local rail services and bus services under full TfWM control with private operators franchised to run bus services similar to Manchester. 

I predict that the Metro extension to Brierley Hill and Merry Hill is put back even further. 

I predict that NXWM will cease operation of more services to prioritise needs on trunk routes.

ellspurs

NX bus division to be bought out by either Go-Ahead or Abellio.

The NX eastern bus garage to be commissioned around by the HS2 Birmingham Interchange station. The other one to be either on the Birmingham Wheels site or a similar brownfield site close to the Inner Ring Road.

NX to take over the Chaserider operation in Cannock.

Stagecoach to withdraw from the Birmingham/Solihull area.

Diamond to take over the Arriva Tamworth operation.

Train drivers will still be on strike.

First to withdraw from Worcester, unknown who will step in (possibly Diamond).

Very farfetched ideas from me.

woody38

Labour win the metro mayor for the West Midlands & franchise the bus & trains, public transport should be there to provide a service not for shareholders.

Tony

Quote from: woody38 on December 09, 2023, 09:08:11 PMLabour win the metro mayor for the West Midlands & franchise the bus & trains, public transport should be there to provide a service not for shareholders.
Don't know whether you've noticed, but franchising actually provides a better return for shareholders at the moment!

woody38

Quote from: Tony on December 09, 2023, 09:14:08 PMDon't know whether you've noticed, but franchising actually provides a better return for shareholders at the moment!
Wish we could bring WMPTE back Tony but I accept that is expecting to much

Ginger66

Agree bus franchising and the name Midland Red appears on buses late 2024 when Dudley/Wolverhampton becomes the first ares under franchise scheme, closely followed in the spring 2025 by Walsall/Sandwell. With Birmingham and Coventry coming online by the summer 2025.

Tram lines will be name branded and along with a system rebrand such as Midland Light Rail.

A new sleeper train service is introduced from. Birmingham Snow Hill to the south coast of England

winston

Mobico & First Group to agree a friendly merger. 

Stagecoach to join the bidding for Rotala with a hostile bid.

NX Bus to win 2 large Franchises in Manchester Tranche 3.

Rotala to win Wythenshawe Large Franchise in Manchester Tranche 3. 

Richard Jones to not annoy anyone. 

Westy

Quote from: winston on December 09, 2023, 11:03:32 PMMobico & First Group to agree a friendly merger.

Stagecoach to join the bidding for Rotala with a hostile bid.

NX Bus to win 2 large Franchises in Manchester Tranche 3.

Rotala to win Wythenshawe Large Franchise in Manchester Tranche 3.

Richard Jones to not annoy anyone.
I thought Stu had the dubious pleasure of Mr Jones nowadays on his site?

winston

Quote from: Westy on December 09, 2023, 11:35:04 PMI thought Stu had the dubious pleasure of Mr Jones nowadays on his site?
Yes & a few other sites do, I have the face to face pleasure in Wetherspoons... :shocked:

hlliwmai

Rotala to make more purchases in the West Midlands;

Possible (but unlikely) acquisitions could include; 

Chaserider;
Select Bus Services;
Banga Buses;
Let's Go;
Arriva Tamworth;
Solus Coaches; 

Would be interesting to see if ANY of those were to be absorbed by Rotala Group but as I said it is probably unlikely. 

the trainbasher

QuoteRotala to make more purchases in the West Midlands;

Possible (but unlikely) acquisitions could include;

Chaserider;
Select Bus Services;
Banga Buses;
Let's Go;
Arriva Tamworth;
Solus Coaches;

Would be interesting to see if ANY of those were to be absorbed by Rotala Group but as I said it is probably unlikely.
Solus are already part of a group (BM Coaches)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

the trainbasher

Hmm...

Brierley Hill to get completely dropped from the Metro (Merry Hill to still happen)
9 to move to BC, with Aston to take PBs single deck work and PB to take the 14 (all temporarily)
PN to take the 3, 12 and 13 from WB as the latter will have staff shortages, so the 9 has to move to BC for a temporary period to accommodate more E400s and E200s for the WB routes moving in
The replacements for BC to be announced, with a depot near the old LH and a depot off the Bristol Road.
NXWM decide to look at replacing WB with a depot in Oldbury, but talks break down.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Ginger66

Due to the (kings square shopping centre) been demolished in West Bromwich, TfWm opens upto the idea of two bus stations.   
new square station 
5, 16, 40, 45, 66
----------
Diamond and NX have bus reviews
64 Wednesbury - West Bromwich (Dia)
66 West Bromwich - Stone Cross (Dia)
Merge and becomes 1 Wednesbury - Stone Cross 

40/47 merge to form a circular route
2A/2C West Bromwich - Wednesbury 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk