News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

N.E.T.S (inc Clarkes, Kings Ferry, Lucketts Group & Stewarts Group coaches)

Started by winston, May 28, 2013, 11:46:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: Tony on July 04, 2023, 09:00:18 PMI still have some work to do on it, but the NETS fleetlist is now a lot closer to be correct again
Thanks Tony, You're on fire tonight....🔥🔥🔥

BN

230 BV17GRZ is also being prepped to re-enter the fleet at Birmingham as well.

winston

Quote from: BN on July 05, 2023, 09:12:56 AM230 BV17GRZ is also being prepped to re-enter the fleet at Birmingham as well.
Where did 230 return from?

It's a shame that NX didn't take on the DeCourcey's batch of 17 plate Scania / Levante 2's, they'd have been really useful now instead of various operators having to re-instate 63 / 64 / 65 plate Levante's back on to the network.

It's good to see NX coaches are now growing rapidly, even against increasing competition from Flixbus. Hopefully, the profit growth for NX coaches will compensate / offset for poorer profitability at NXWM over the next few years for the combined NX UK division.

Tony

It's back, after 2 1/2 years, I have just put a load of NX Coach photos on the main site and found I photographed it at Glastonbury!

National Express LA230 (wmbusphotos.com)

winston

Quote from: Tony on July 05, 2023, 08:55:43 PMIt's back, after 2 1/2 years, I have just put a load of NX Coach photos on the main site and found I photographed it at Glastonbury!

National Express LA230 (wmbusphotos.com)
Thanks Tony! 

Has it just been mothballed somewhere the past 2.5 years then? Are there more in the same situation? 

I believe former 14 plate SH194 & SH195 may have a returned to the network too with Jason Edwards Travek, Iver. 

Tony

Quote from: winston on July 05, 2023, 09:18:43 PMThanks Tony!

Has it just been mothballed somewhere the past 2.5 years then? Are there more in the same situation?

I believe former 14 plate SH194 & SH195 may have a returned to the network too with Jason Edwards Travek, Iver.
I saw 194 getting towed into Scania Avonmouth during Glastonbury one day I was picking a Z bus up from there. I have a rear end photo on my computer. 230 after withdrawal from Luton was dumped in the car park at Stansted Airport along with all the others in that batch. It got towed to Hartshornes at Willenhall when all the others in the batch came to Walsall and remained there in bits for ages. It disappeared when Hartshornes stopped doing bus repairs in Willenhall so presumably has been at Pensnett

winston

Quote from: Tony on July 05, 2023, 09:27:43 PMI saw 194 getting towed into Scania Avonmouth during Glastonbury one day I was picking a Z bus up from there. I have a rear end photo on my computer. 230 after withdrawal from Luton was dumped in the car park at Stansted Airport along with all the others in that batch. It got towed to Hartshornes at Willenhall when all the others in the batch came to Walsall and remained there in bits for ages. It disappeared when Hartshornes stopped doing bus repairs in Willenhall so presumably has been at Pensnett
Jason Edwards Travel were working to/from Glastonbury, plus other NX extras & helping out Kings Ferry on the 260. 

They're supposed to have taken over the A5 from Start Hill since Monday, I thought it was I'm full, but Start Hill coaches are still tracking along with Jason Edwards Travel BV72XEX Levante 3A & BV23ZWE Levante 3. Former SH194 & SH195 aren't tracking at all. 

winston

Quote from: Tony on July 04, 2023, 09:00:18 PMI still have some work to do on it, but the NETS fleetlist is now a lot closer to be correct again
@Tony - not sure what work you've still got left to do on the NETS fleetlist:

Do you have any idea what the NETS fleetnumber for BX65WCE is? It's still carrying old fleet number 8833 & has been used in service a fair bit.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/128987711@N07/52858690847

Also the latest 3 x Scania / Levante 3's based at Woods, Leicester:

BV23ZVN
BV23ZVO
BV23ZVZ

Tony

BX65 WCE (nor BX65 WCD) appear on either the NX Coach system or the NETS fleet list, but it was allocated 48-27 when it was at King's Ferry, so I have added it into the list as such

winston

Quote from: Tony on July 07, 2023, 06:31:22 PMBX65 WCE (nor BX65 WCD) appear on either the NX Coach system or the NETS fleet list, but it was allocated 48-27 when it was at King's Ferry, so I have added it into the list as such

Thanks Tony ! I can understand BX65WCD not being on the system as it's yet to be used, but BX65WCE has been in use daily since 24th June.

Coventrybususer95

Not sure if this is the right thread but I have seen a post  that touromo by national express is set to close in September 
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Tony

Quote from: winston on July 07, 2023, 07:17:52 PMThanks Tony ! I can understand BX65WCD not being on the system as it's yet to be used, but BX65WCE has been in use daily since 24th June.
BX65 WCD was used yesterday & today

ellspurs

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on July 07, 2023, 07:43:04 PMNot sure if this is the right thread but I have seen a post  that touromo by national express is set to close in September
Providing the link to the article:

https://www.touromo.com/update/

There's only excursions showing up until September.

winston

Quote from: ellspurs on July 07, 2023, 07:49:28 PMProviding the link to the article:

https://www.touromo.com/update/

There's only excursions showing up until September.
There's only been a couple of Lucketts tri-axle coaches painted in Touromo livery to date, so that may well be the case.

Having just read the Touromo update, it sounds as though there may well be a mass withdrawal of coaches in Ocotober. It now seems a pretty pointless exercise buying all these coach companies, as many of them are focused on holidays / day trips etc.

winston

Quote from: Tony on July 07, 2023, 07:47:03 PMBX65 WCD was used yesterday & today

It's me, I'm getting confused, BX65WCD has been back in use since 12th May.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk