News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

N.E.T.S (inc Clarkes, Kings Ferry, Lucketts Group & Stewarts Group coaches)

Started by winston, May 28, 2013, 11:46:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: BN on September 21, 2022, 07:15:01 AMI heard somewhere that there is approx 40 on order currently, including the 22 plate batches.

Yes that is correct, Solent will be moving into BTL and there is pvr increases on the 204 & 205 too so probably looking at a fleet of 40 vehicles there to start with.
Even once Solent moves in with a fleet of 40 vehicles, it will still only be at approx 25% capacity. 

winston

winston

the trainbasher

Am I right that the TKF coaches BV19 XPY & BV19 XPZ, despite carrying the EK fleet numbers (and someone on bustimes keep changing them to the EK fleet numbers), should be 49124 and 49125?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Tony

QuoteAm I right that the TKF coaches BV19 XPY & BV19 XPZ, despite carrying the EK fleet numbers (and someone on bustimes keep changing them to the EK fleet numbers), should be 49124 and 49125?
You are, yes

winston

Ginger66

Quote from: winston on January 09, 2023, 11:33:55 PMNX have launched a new brand & livery for their combined Coach Holidays 'Touromo'
https://m.facebook.com/100064289462295/posts/pfbid0jfLxjouX9b7Vy4gpr6P2x94r9PLDUWWzkmWyWhmmeWrJxxG3b3uRq3Hqei3qvARGl/
Will single passengers be penalised as some tour operators charge a supplement for the solo passenger for hotel room.    

Noticed only three departure points for West mids or would home pick apply to the main departure point.

winston

NETS are taking over some school routes in Bournemouth currently operated by Xelagroup Yellow Coaches subsidiary which is ceasing entirely in February:

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/23263010.happening-school-buses-xelagroup-yellow-coaches-pulls/

winston

I'm assuming Woods Coaches are still in the process of moving their operations fully to the former Arriva Leicester, Wigston Depot ? or are they intending to operate from both depots?

[th]Operating centre[/th]
[th]Vehicles[/th]
[th]Trailers[/th]
BEDFORD ROAD, WIGSTON, LE18 4XD, GB250
BUS GARAGE, STATION STREET, WIGSTON, LE18 4TH, GB410

https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk/view-details/licence/21610

I'm also assuming the transfer of NETS West Midlands Fleet & WMT Ltd NX coaches to the Woods Coaches license has now been abandoned?

Section 2.1 – New Applications Received
PD2059238 SI WOODS COACHES LTD
Director(s): JOHN FRASER, THOMAS STABLES, Christopher James Hardy
223 GLOUCESTER CRESCENT, WIGSTON, LE18 4YH
Operating Centre: 63 UPPER THOMAS STREET, BIRMINGHAM, B6 5AD
Authorisation: 40 vehicle(s)
Transport Manager(s): ANDREW JAMES McKINNON, Mark Kent
New Undertaking: Vehicles with eight passenger seats or less will not be operated
under the licence without the prior written agreement of the Traffic Commissioner
who may require you to agree to certain undertakings. Attached to Licence.
New Undertaking: Limousines and novelty type vehicles are not to be operated
under this operator's licence. Attached to Licence.

winston

Looks as though Clarkes of London have gained at least 7 new Scania / Levante 3's for NX route 025 registered:

BV72XGC / XGD / XGE / XGF / XGG / XGH / XGJ

BV72XGC may actually be allocated to Worthing Coaches for the 025, as it's currently parked in their depot.

There's 6 more new Levante's registered on DVLA too, yet to be allocated:
BV72XFZ
BV72XFY
BV72XFX
BV72XGA
BV72XGB
BV72XGK

BN

Latest so far is the info I have:

NETS Aston
401 BV72XGT
402 BV72 XGU

NETS Bournemouth
55-53-55BV72 XEU
55-54-55BV72 XEW
55-55-55BV72 XEZ

NETS Worthing
55-60-55BV72 XGC
55-61-55BV72 XGD
55-62-55BV72 XGE
55-63-55BV72 XGF
55-64-55BV72 XGG
55-65-66BV72 XGH
55-66-55BV72 XGG

NETS Dover
BV72 XFE

NETS Leicester
BV72 XFS
BV72 XFT
BV72 XFU

winston

@BN in addition to your list:

NETS Leicester
BV72XFW
BV72XGW

NETS Aston (ex Leicester)
4982 BX65WBV
4985 BX65WCA

I've also noticed that NETS, Aston Depot now has an additional staff / coach parking area the opposite side of East End Foods to the depot. 

winston

Also NXWM 232 appears to have transferred or been loaned to Chalfont's since at least January this year.

winston

Looks as though Woods Coaches Ltd will be taking over the NX & NETS coaches based at Aston Depot from WMT Ltd & also setting up an additional base at NXWM Park Lane garage for 14 coaches:

Section 2.1 – New Applications Received

PD2064545 SI WOODS COACHES LTD
Director(s): JOHN FRASER, THOMAS STABLES, CHRISTOPHER HARDY
WIGSTON GARAGE, STATION STREET, WIGSTON, LE18 4TH
Operating Centre: 80 PARK ROAD, ASTON, BIRMINGHAM, B6 5PL
Authorisation: 45 vehicle(s)
Operating Centre: WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD, PARK LANE,
WOLVERHAMPTON, WV10 9QG
Authorisation: 14 vehicle(s)
Transport Manager(s): JENNY MERNAGH, CARL GRAYSTON

Mayfield

When did Woods move into the old Arriva depot in Wigston and how many vehicles are based there, seems a large building for Woods vehicles.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk