News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

first sells part of London

Started by the trainbasher, April 09, 2013, 10:20:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Tyme

Quote from: tank90 on April 15, 2013, 09:22:32 PM
The "BorisMaster" is an easy flo design, both up and stairs, I can see Lothian being interested in it for there airport service as they dont need the central door, but I can't see much use in the UK for it. But the World market might want an easy flo Double Decker it just depends on if it works in London. I'm sure people where saying the same about the Route Master behind closed doors and they proved a it outside of London so NBfL may aslo find some surpport from elsewhere in the UK.

Well, who knows what may happen in the world market?  The Borismaster is certainly a quality bus but I am sure it would be *alot* more expensive to buy than the mainstream hybrids, which are no doubt up to the job in the rest of the UK.  It was the same story with the Routemaster - a fine bus but over-specified for non-London operators, who could get types that were fine for them more cheaply.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk