News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Repaints and refurbishments 2023

Started by BK63 YWP, February 02, 2023, 06:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

327 has received a fresh coat of white paint

Tony

Two more buses in for repaint are

PN 4833
BC 4883

Jack

Are the 2007-2011 Deckers being repainted getting an interior refurb into the new spec or they keeping what they already have?

Stu

Quote from: Jack on July 04, 2023, 11:06:04 AMAre the 2007-2011 Deckers being repainted getting an interior refurb into the new spec or they keeping what they already have?
Tony will have a more authoritative answer, but I would anticipate for their expected lifespan, it may not be worth doing a full interior refurb, unless one was badly needed.
NX intends to have a zero-emission bus fleet by 2030, so all these diesel double decks will be gone within the next seven years.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Stu on July 04, 2023, 06:38:22 PMNX intends to have a zero-emission bus fleet by 2030, so all these diesel double decks will be gone within the next seven years.
Is it possible to covert the newest diesel buses to electric power to enable them to stay beyond 2030 ?

EK40

Quote from: Steve3229vp on July 04, 2023, 07:10:34 PMIs it possible to covert the newest diesel buses to electric power to enable them to stay beyond 2030 ?

Theres a reason why barely any large operators do electric conversions they mostly always end up being extremely unreliable and expensive

mranon

Quote from: EK40 on July 04, 2023, 08:14:27 PMTheres a reason why barely any large operators do electric conversions they mostly always end up being extremely unreliable and expensive
I understand that point, but the platinum e400mmcs some of the newest come 2030 will only be 11 years old so if they work on book value being spread over 15 to 18 years for example, I cant see nxwm writing those off unless they either convert, or maybe sell them on?

Nxwm

4887 just seen on the priory Queensway in the new livery apologise if it's the wrong fleet number  

markcf83

Quote from: Nxwm on July 05, 2023, 10:54:14 AM4887 just seen on the priory Queensway in the new livery apologise if it's the wrong fleet number 
It's definitely that one. 
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

18WilliamsLi

Quote from: mranon on July 05, 2023, 09:22:24 AMI understand that point, but the platinum e400mmcs some of the newest come 2030 will only be 11 years old so if they work on book value being spread over 15 to 18 years for example, I cant see nxwm writing those off unless they either convert, or maybe sell them on?
They should concert them 11 years isn't really a long time they should keep them longer they better keep them longer

BK63 YWP

QuoteThey should concert them 11 years isn't really a long time they should keep them longer they better keep them longer
They will sell them on, I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news that there will fewer and fewer diesel by the end of the decade. You should be happy you'll get nice new electrics for the Dudley Road 
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

18WilliamsLi

Quote from: BK63 YWP on July 05, 2023, 12:15:56 PMThey will sell them on, I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news that there will fewer and fewer diesel by the end of the decade. You should be happy you'll get nice new electrics for the Dudley Road
How would I be happy I have been on the platuims for 4 years !! And platuims are 10 times better then the electrics 

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: 18WilliamsLi on July 05, 2023, 12:18:45 PMHow would I be happy I have been on the platuims for 4 years !! And platuims are 10 times better then the electrics
Are they not the same spac as the platinums?
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

winston

Quote from: 18WilliamsLi on July 05, 2023, 12:01:54 PMThey should concert them 11 years isn't really a long time they should keep them longer they better keep them longer
Really! How much do you think it costs to convert an 11 year old bus? Any how many other operators do you see converting existing diesel buses to Electric?

Also, why would they convert some buses that aren't owned, instead only leased.

18WilliamsLi

Quote from: winston on July 05, 2023, 01:25:43 PMReally! How much do you think it costs to convert an 11 year old bus? Any how many other operators do you see converting existing diesel buses to Electric?

Also, why would they convert some buses that aren't owned, instead only leased.

Are platuims leased ??

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk