News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Hydrogen vehicles

Started by Tony, April 30, 2021, 06:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CL

Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Jack6101

Quote from: CL on June 30, 2021, 11:09:23 AM
H1002 https://flic.kr/p/2m86Vpn (not my photo)
Is it me or is there 2 rows of seats oppersite each other on each side down stairs
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Jack6101 on June 30, 2021, 01:38:46 PM
Is it me or is there 2 rows of seats oppersite each other on each side down stairs

Yes there is due to batteries being underneath them. Google Hydrogen Streetdeck and you'll see the batteries just infront of the rear wheels
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

BBS

Quote from: BK63 YWP on June 30, 2021, 02:10:58 PM
Yes there is due to batteries being underneath them. Google Hydrogen Streetdeck and you'll see the batteries just infront of the rear wheels
not good for bumps like the inner circle then
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Tony

Quote from: bbs on June 30, 2021, 10:02:14 PM

Not sure what you mean

DJ

Wright have updated their website, and their vehicles have gained new names. The standard Streetdeck is now the 'StreetDeck Ultroliner EU6', and the battery electric is the 'Streetdeck Electroliner BEV', with NX's Hydrogen ones officially called the 'StreetDeck Hydroliner FCEV'.

The StreetLite range has also gained the Ultroliner name, and the single deck StreetDeck is now the 'GB Hawk EU6 Diesel'.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Steve3229vp

Quote from: bbs on June 30, 2021, 10:02:14 PM
The Inner Circle is single deckers so no Hydrogen buses will be going on to it

Tony

Quote from: Steve3229vp on July 01, 2021, 05:23:43 PM
The Inner Circle is single deckers so no Hydrogen buses will be going on to it

I don't get the comment about them being no good for bumps just because there are batteries under seats.

bususer28

Any info on entry into service timings?

Tony

Quote from: bususer28 on July 01, 2021, 06:21:57 PM
Any info on entry into service timings?

Not for a few months yet until there is somewhere to fuel them

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Tony on July 01, 2021, 05:26:38 PM
I don't get the comment about them being no good for bumps just because there are batteries under seats.
I don't either

Westy

I thought he was referring to speed humps!

Tony

Quote from: Westy on July 01, 2021, 07:35:26 PM
I thought he was referring to speed humps!

He was, that is what we don't understand

don

Quote from: Tony on July 01, 2021, 05:26:38 PM

I took it that mr bbs was alluding to the state of the road surfaces along parts of the 8 route - but I don't know why he thought that would be a problem with batteries unless he thinks they're loose in the compartment and might fly around, or touch the bottom of the seat, adding to the passenger excitement of the ride.......  ;) Of course, seats have been fitted over wheel arches on buses for many decades, and whilst arguably the seats are slightly less comfortable when the bus goes over a bump it's quite marginal really - certainly not on the same scale as sitting on the rear upstairs seat of 1L (1 UDH) on the 118 (now 51) travelling flat out over the hump bridge in Newtown Row towards city - which launched me to the ceiling of the bus!! I can assure BBS that the bus continued to perform as normal on the rest of the journey and no batteries apparently came loose - although the contents of my stomach were certainly roused momentarily!! The near side front seat on a regular Fleetline (especially a proper BCT or WMPTE, or Midland Red one) was always my favourite from childhood days - probably because you got a similar forward view to a driver and could also watch the driving.

As for hydrogen buses on the Inner Circle, I presume NXWM may consider single deck versions, but surely more likely to be electric single deckers owing to the route characteristics and mileage of the running boards?
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Do these Hydrogen buses fit under the Highgate Road bridge, like the E400 MMC buses, or are they taller?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk