News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Christmas services 2016

Started by Kevin, December 23, 2016, 01:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Erm
Something I've just found out, apparently next week is just a Saturday timetable with mostly no extra am peak journeys
So my commute will suddenly get about quarter hour longer just because the X51s don't start early enough on a Saturday
Joy
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Trident 4609

Quote from: Kevin on December 23, 2016, 01:14:47 PM
Erm
Something I've just found out, apparently next week is just a Saturday timetable with mostly no extra am peak journeys
So my commute will suddenly get about quarter hour longer just because the X51s don't start early enough on a Saturday
Joy

There are extra journeys on some services next week according to the NXWM website: (X51 is listed as being one of those services)
Information can be found here:

http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/service-changes/black-country-christmas-timetables-28th-30th-december-

Kevin

Hmmm
It seems the moment I message them about it and post on here it suddenly changes and shows a revised timetable

Considering some people rely on public transport to get to work that week, to only actually publish the special timetable the day they break up is a bit last minute

Westy

That has been on a few days.

Were you after the morning peak from Cannock X51's?

Dom

Is today Saturday or Sunday service, I've only just woke up checked the website, it says both Saturday and Sunday. I know it's a bank holiday but lots of shops are using normal opening hours.

Quote from: Dom on December 27, 2016, 09:10:56 AM
Is today Saturday or Sunday service, I've only just woke up checked the website, it says both Saturday and Sunday. I know it's a bank holiday but lots of shops are using normal opening hours.
Sunday service.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Kevin

Quote from: Dom on December 27, 2016, 09:10:56 AM

NXWM's website says Saturday service
NXWM's Facebook page says Sunday service, as I think have the posters on the buses but have to hold my hands up there and say I haven't properly checked

I wouldn't mind one or the other but the fact that it hasn't really properly been communicated is a bit crap

Quote from: Kevin on December 27, 2016, 11:15:15 AM
NXWM's website says Saturday service
NXWM's Facebook page says Sunday service, as I think have the posters on the buses but have to hold my hands up there and say I haven't properly checked

I wouldn't mind one or the other but the fact that it hasn't really properly been communicated is a bit crap
NWMs and Travelines timetables Sunday service and Diamond not NX will operate the 71 and 15 today.
The website says Sunday timetables will run and then underneath it says Saturday timetables will run. The posters on the buses also say its Sunday Service.
http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/service-changes/christmas-and-new-year-service-arrangements-2016-2017
"Sunday timetables will run with revised timetables for services 74.

Night buses will run through the early hours of Wednesday. "
"Tuesday 27th December - normal Saturday timetables will run with revised timetables on the below route"

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Kevin

Correction
NXWM's website said Saturday service
Believe it does now say Sunday

Squiz1971

Quote from: Kevin on December 27, 2016, 11:21:06 AM
Correction
NXWM's website said Saturday service
Believe it does now say Sunday
The posters on the buses say Sunday service for today as it is technically a bank holiday and then Saturday service till New Years eve

WMT3000

A quick question for those in the know: With NXWM providing a Saturday service, are Off Peak passes valid all day this week?

Tony

Quote from: WMT3000 on December 28, 2016, 02:22:23 PM
A quick question for those in the know: With NXWM providing a Saturday service, are Off Peak passes valid all day this week?

No

WMT3000

Quote from: Tony on December 28, 2016, 02:32:55 PM
No
Cheers for the clarification @Tony. I didn't think they were but wasn't 100% sure.

Trident 4194

Quote from: WMT3000 on December 28, 2016, 03:58:53 PM
Cheers for the clarification @Tony. I didn't think they were but wasn't 100% sure.

Bit of an argument can be started from that. Saturday service means they should be valid all day.

Dom

Quote from: Trident 4194 on December 28, 2016, 04:41:25 PM
Bit of an argument can be started from that. Saturday service means they should be valid all day.

But the actual day is a weekday. It's always been like that!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk