News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Stagecoach in Coventry & Warwickshire

Started by Valandil, April 04, 2014, 11:38:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on August 18, 2022, 02:30:01 PMInteresting wonder if it will be ran by leamington on Nuneaton
Think its probably almost certain to be Leamington, like the X20 to Stratford.
Leamington is probably nearer to Solihull/Balsall Common than Nuneaton is.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: Tony on August 18, 2022, 02:03:53 PMStagecoach have won the Solihull-Coventry tenders that Diamond had stated they had not won.
Thanks for the confirmation. I always thought that it was only ever likely to be one of Landflight, NX Bus or Stagecoach, and of the three I would have probably put money on Stagecoach.

It'll be interesting to see if Stagecoach decide to bid in future on any other Solihull area routes that come up for tender, could this just be the start of their entry into the West Midlands?

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

metrocity

Quote from: Tony on August 18, 2022, 02:03:53 PMStagecoach have won the Solihull-Coventry tenders that Diamond had stated they had not won.
I wonder why they are taking on more work but can't cover the work they are already operating due to driver shortages (according to their Twitter feed)

MW

Have the length of these contracts been confirmed? I keep hearing that these have been awarded on an emergency basis up until the end of 2022.

Steveminor

Quote from: metrocity on August 18, 2022, 09:14:37 PMI wonder why they are taking on more work but can't cover the work they are already operating due to driver shortages (according to their Twitter feed)
That's only the same as NX are doing, taking on new work while original core routes are suffering due to staff shortages

metrocity

Quote from: Steveminor on August 18, 2022, 09:40:17 PMThat's only the same as NX are doing, taking on new work while original core routes are suffering due to staff shortages
Fair point 

Kevin

Nuneaton running the Cov-Solihull routes, and that section of the X20 is renumbered back to 82, timetables on their website already.

Presumably these routes would eventually have to be electric to be allowed into Coventry?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

ellspurs

Quote from: Kevin on August 22, 2022, 02:26:25 PMNuneaton running the Cov-Solihull routes, and that section of the X20 is renumbered back to 82, timetables on their website already.

Presumably these routes would eventually have to be electric to be allowed into Coventry?
They would've had to have been regardless of operator.

The 82 is already on the bus stop flags in Catherine-de-Barnes.

Given it is a subsidised service, the authorities will hopefully help subsidise that aspect as well.

Quote from: Kevin on August 22, 2022, 02:26:25 PMNuneaton running the Cov-Solihull routes, and that section of the X20 is renumbered back to 82, timetables on their website already.

From bus times route change in Meriden to follow the X1 it seems.
Only serving the bottom end 1 way.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

ellspurs

Quote from: 2206 on August 22, 2022, 02:51:41 PMFrom bus times route change in Meriden to follow the X1 it seems.
Only serving the bottom end 1 way.
The to-Coventry has a timing point at Millisons Wood, Albert Road. If what you've said is true then it wouldn't be able to serve this stop.

Quote from: ellspurs on August 22, 2022, 03:08:56 PMThe to-Coventry has a timing point at Millisons Wood, Albert Road. If what you've said is true then it wouldn't be able to serve this stop.
Bus Times have the timing point as Millions Wood, Showell Lane to Coventry and a new millions wood resevoir stop on the stop list.
https://bustimes.org/stops/43000133501

If they are only 4 month contracts until a network review in January 2023, they won't get zero emission vehicles during the time of the contract I guess.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

ellspurs

Quote from: 2206 on August 22, 2022, 03:11:01 PMBus Times have the timing point as Millions Wood, Showell Lane to Coventry and a new millions wood resevoir stop on the stop list.
https://bustimes.org/stops/43000133501

If they are only 4 month contracts until a network review in January 2023, they won't get zero emission vehicles during the time of the contract I guess.
Unless they clarify on Stagecoach's website, I'd probably go off what they say rather than bustimes.

Bustimes still says there's a bus stop here, for instance.

Quote from: ellspurs on August 22, 2022, 03:32:14 PMUnless they clarify on Stagecoach's website, I'd probably go off what they say rather than bustimes.

Bustimes still says there's a bus stop here, for instance.
NXWM website says the 94 stops there as well though.
https://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/services-timetables/94-birmingham-chelmsley-wood
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

I can't keep up with all this chopping and changing!

If Diamond had continued to operate the Coventry to Solihull section, it would have made sense to renumber that to 82, but I was told that TfWM wanted to keep it as X20.

And now Stagecoach have won both contracts, I would have assumed the intention was to keep it as one through service from Stratford to Coventry as before.

Although now with the addition of the 87/88 services, I would imagine Stagecoach have different ideas, perhaps by reintroducing the 82 as a seperate service, they plan to do some interworking between the three routes.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Justin Tyme

I travelled on the Solihull - Coventry section of the X20 a week ago and saw that TfWM had changed all bus stops as far as Allesley to show 82 instead of X20 (the Allesley - Pool Meadow stops had not been changed).  Perhaps TfWM decided by the time thet did that to use the number 82.

I presume Leamington - or its Stratford outstation - will continue to operate the Solihull - Stratford X20.  Double decks still appear on it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk