News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Stagecoach in Coventry & Warwickshire

Started by Valandil, April 04, 2014, 11:38:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: 4369Beast on July 03, 2022, 02:21:10 PMIn the case of the X20 between Stratford & Solihull, the actual wording is:

Will operate current timetable in full until 14/8/22. From 14/8/22 service will operate between Coventry to Solihull only. We understand Warwick County Council intend to tender a replacement service for withdrawn Solihull to Stratford section.
Have diamond won the contact already as I believe the 89 is also up for re tender  
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Justin Tyme

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on July 03, 2022, 02:25:44 PMHave diamond won the contact already as I believe the 89 is also up for re tender 

As the trainbasher says in a post earlier today, the Stratford Herald has reported that Stagecoach have won the (Warwickshire County Council) tender for the Stratford end of the X20.

The 89 is a TfWM tender and Diamond have said that the service is being withdrawn.

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: Justin Tyme on July 03, 2022, 02:56:53 PMAs the trainbasher says in a post earlier today, the Stratford Herald has reported that Stagecoach have won the (Warwickshire County Council) tender for the Stratford end of the X20.

The 89 is a TfWM tender and Diamond have said that the service is being withdrawn.
The Stratford herald also says it will continue to severe coventry 

STAGECOACH is to take over the running of the X20 bus service, it was confirmed this week.
The Herald reported last week that work was taking place to save the service, which runs between Stratford to Coventry via Alcester, Studley and Henley, after bus company Diamond said it was pulling out.
Warwickshire County Council said this week that Stagecoach had won the tender and new timetables would be "available in due course".
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

JPC

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on July 03, 2022, 03:08:18 PMThe Stratford herald also says it will continue to severe coventry
Who would you believe first, a bus service operator or a third party media outlet?

The 89 which is or was the most costly per user TfWM bus tender is being abandoned in favour of demand responsive services (and incase anyone hadn't noticed this was also the fate of the Coventry 41/47 services from 23rd Apr 22).

Johnsons were originally awarded the Solihull-Coventry 82 at the end of January 2019 and merged it with X20 in Sept 2019, then presumably Diamond took over the existing terms of the contract - my money would be on the Solihull-Coventry contract not being due for renewal until end of January 2024 (5 years).

I think the Alcester, Studley, etc bit is also just a school days PM variation. Maybe to give the 239 service a return journey of some sort.  Normal line of route is via Wooton Wawen.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Justin Tyme

Quote from: 2206 on July 03, 2022, 03:52:49 PMI think the Alcester, Studley, etc bit is also just a school days PM variation. Maybe to give the 239 service a return journey of some sort.  Normal line of route is via Wooton Wawen.

Yes, that's right.  The Herald's report was not accurate in that respect either.

Stu

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on July 03, 2022, 03:08:18 PMThe Stratford herald also says it will continue to severe coventry

STAGECOACH is to take over the running of the X20 bus service, it was confirmed this week.
The Herald reported last week that work was taking place to save the service, which runs between Stratford to Coventry via Alcester, Studley and Henley, after bus company Diamond said it was pulling out.
Warwickshire County Council said this week that Stagecoach had won the tender and new timetables would be "available in due course".
The Stratford Herald also says the X20 serves Alcester and Studley, which it doesn't. :rolleyes:
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

the trainbasher

Quote from: Stu on July 03, 2022, 05:07:00 PMThe Stratford Herald also says the X20 serves Alcester and Studley, which it doesn't. :rolleyes:
It does on school days (16:55 ex Stratford, arrives Coventry 19:13) https://www.diamondbuses.com/worcester-warwickshire/bus-services/x20-stratford/

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

the trainbasher

Quote from: JPC on July 03, 2022, 03:32:07 PMThe 89 which is or was the most costly per user TfWM bus tender is being abandoned in favour of demand responsive services (and incase anyone hadn't noticed this was also the fate of the Coventry 41/47 services from 23rd Apr 22).
I wouldn't be surprised to see more tendered routes converted to DRT

Quote from: JPC on July 03, 2022, 03:32:07 PMJohnsons were originally awarded the Solihull-Coventry 82 at the end of January 2019 and merged it with X20 in Sept 2019, then presumably Diamond took over the existing terms of the contract - my money would be on the Solihull-Coventry contract not being due for renewal until end of January 2024 (5 years).

IIRC it was tendered since Central Connect took it over following NX Cov withdrawing their 82 (which went via Tile Hill, not Milsons Wood/Allesley), which itself was a replacement for the 19W/X, which replaced the 192/4 in the 2009 Solihull Network Review

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Stu

My locals:

JPC

Quote from: the trainbasher on July 03, 2022, 05:52:43 PMIIRC it was tendered since Central Connect took it over following NX Cov withdrawing their 82 (which went via Tile Hill, not Milsons Wood/Allesley), which itself was a replacement for the 19W/X, which replaced the 192/4 in the 2009 Solihull Network Review
Excuse my poor choice of wording, you can guess I didn't attain a pass in English. I am considerably aware of the history of the service, I was referring to the start of the current ongoing contract which was awarded to Johnsons.

Justin Tyme

Warwickshire County Council has now released details of changes to the services Diamond are giving up after 24 July.  They are here: https://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/news/article/3056/alterations-to-bus-services-in-the-stratford-upon-avon-south-warwickshire-areas-from-monday-25th-july-2022.

The key features are: -

• All services will pass to Stagecoach, except that Stratford town services 4 and 5 will be jointly operated with A&M Group.
  • The Sunday X50 Birmingham - Chipping Norton will be replaced by 50 Stratford - Chipping Norton and X20 Stratford - Solihull (so Stu is right!), in line with Mon-Sat services.
  • The X20 between Stratford and Solihull, which ceases after operation on 13 August, is currently out to tender.  Talking of which, I see that last week's Stratford Herald article claiming that it was going to Stagecoach has been removed from its website.

Timetables are not yet available, but apart from some reductions on three services, it looks like service levels generally will be similar to now.

Stu

Quote from: Justin Tyme on July 07, 2022, 09:21:39 PMThe X20 between Stratford and Solihull, which ceases after operation on 13 August, is currently out to tender.  Talking of which, I see that last week's Stratford Herald article claiming that it was going to Stagecoach has been removed from its website.

"Factually inaccurate" is probably a polite way of putting it. :laugh:

Someone clearly got the wrong end of the stick, regarding the X20 then. Stagecoach had (at the time) presumably only won the Sunday contract, which is currently operated as the X50.
My locals:

Kevin

It's a shame they're reducing the Stratford - Banbury services, I thought the area had a real chance of better bus use when Johnson's made the end to end a more clockface hourly service, but so be it.
Does however mean that my already ludicrous Stagecoach West bus pass will get me that bit even further, and I am absolutely fine with that 
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

so far 2 Optare Solo SR's and 3 Optare Solo's are at Nuneaton depot to cover some of the Gold MMC's for the Commonwealth games

Buses seen over so far:
  • 4787 Optare Solo SR - Beachball Livery
  • 47211 Optare Solo - Beachball Livery
  • 47236 Optare Solo - Beachball Livery
  • 47316 Optare Solo - Beachball Livery
  • 47817 Optare Solo SR - Stagecoach Local Livery

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk