News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Arriva Leicester

Started by Tony, January 28, 2014, 08:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LazyGuy222

Quote from: xmj-signal on March 29, 2024, 12:47:39 PM4750 is showing on bustimes.org, tracking currently on route 48 (departure from Leicester at 1135). It has not tracked for a couple of days but if it was just a minor 'bump' that would make sense.

Alternatively, the ticket machine may have been transferred into a different vehicle without the vehicle number being changed - so, has anyone viewed any of these journeys to be able to confirm which bus is actually working them?

Its 4104, saw it on the 48 this morning. 

joieman

4753, 4762 and 4770 have all been marked as withdrawn on Bustimes due to MOT expiry.

AlexS

Either the electrics are entering service in the next few days or we are entering a period of mass cancellations due to a shortage of buses. 

joieman

After six months, 8001-6 have finally entered service.

Glenfieldmathk1

Why have they removed the X6 livery from one of the coaches?
Are they replacing them, or is the coach due to be used on a different route?

Mayfield

Quote from: joieman on April 08, 2024, 08:57:32 AMAfter six months, 8001-6 have finally entered service.
They've kept that quiet haven't they, would have thought some publicity would have been a good idea.

SSmith09

Quote from: Glenfieldmathk1 on April 08, 2024, 04:47:55 PMWhy have they removed the X6 livery from one of the coaches?
Are they replacing them, or is the coach due to be used on a different route?
Another coach is rumoured to be joining the trio at Barwell so possibly a rebranding is on the way?

leepenfold30

Quote from: SSmith09 on April 08, 2024, 07:51:50 PMAnother coach is rumoured to be joining the trio at Barwell so possibly a rebranding is on the way?
7101 At Barwell Depot 

Fin W

Mayfield

I see only 8 Pulsars tracking now has another 1 bitten the dust.
Wonder if the are planning a last running day event LOL

joieman

Quote from: Mayfield on April 18, 2024, 04:29:27 PMI see only 8 Pulsars tracking now has another 1 bitten the dust.
Wonder if the are planning a last running day event LOL
4746 was apparently withdrawn due to poor performance.
For the first time, their registration numbers are in the correct order!
4103 has been sent to Luton; twelve of the Olympuses in total are to be sent down to Luton and MK, according to another forum. We'll be getting a pair of E400s in exchange... which seems like a pathetically unfair exchange.

Magikrabby

Quote from: joieman on April 19, 2024, 10:11:08 PM4746 was apparently withdrawn due to poor performance.
For the first time, their registration numbers are in the correct order!
4103 has been sent to Luton; twelve of the Olympuses in total are to be sent down to Luton and MK, according to another forum. We'll be getting a pair of E400s in exchange... which seems like a pathetically unfair exchange.
Do we know which E400s these will be? If it's 2 of the YY14s then it doesn't seem like too bad of a swap, but my instinct is telling me it will be the SN58 "spares" in the max livery.

I presume that once all the electroliners are in service, all that will be left will be the 2 B9TL Geminis and all the Enviro400s, with all the DB250s getting withdrawn and the Olympuses transferring like you said. If my calculations are correct this will mean thurmaston will have 77 deckers - will that be enough for a day's service?

AlexS

Quote from: Magikrabby on April 19, 2024, 11:26:11 PMDo we know which E400s these will be? If it's 2 of the YY14s then it doesn't seem like too bad of a swap, but my instinct is telling me it will be the SN58 "spares" in the max livery.

I presume that once all the electroliners are in service, all that will be left will be the 2 B9TL Geminis and all the Enviro400s, with all the DB250s getting withdrawn and the Olympuses transferring like you said. If my calculations are correct this will mean thurmaston will have 77 deckers - will that be enough for a day's service?
Probably not but insufficient deckers has been an ongoing problem for many years at this point. The bigger question is that with the 50/51 and 47/48 being the more regular routes to substitute with smaller buses whether the electroliners end up off route regularly or whether the impact of smaller vehicles is moved onto other routes.

joieman

Quote from: AlexS on April 20, 2024, 11:27:38 AMProbably not but insufficient deckers has been an ongoing problem for many years at this point. The bigger question is that with the 50/51 and 47/48 being the more regular routes to substitute with smaller buses whether the electroliners end up off route regularly or whether the impact of smaller vehicles is moved onto other routes.
Leicester seems to have overall lost buses in the past few years. Looking at Bustimes on the Wayback Machine, there were 174 buses at Arriva in Leicestershire in March 2023; today there are only 165. I think this is mainly due to the DB250s being progressively withdrawn without adequate replacements being brought in.

AlexS

Quote from: joieman on April 20, 2024, 09:18:56 PMLeicester seems to have overall lost buses in the past few years. Looking at Bustimes on the Wayback Machine, there were 174 buses at Arriva in Leicestershire in March 2023; today there are only 165. I think this is mainly due to the DB250s being progressively withdrawn without adequate replacements being brought in.
Based on the current plans it is looking like the longer term idea is for Leicester to have 162/163 buses (I assume 162 as I don't see one solitary Olympus staying despite the rumours so far talking about 12 leaving) including 1008 which isn't used in public service and 4 coaches for the X6. Given Leicester has an approximate PVR of 150 at a quick count and a lot of the fleet will still be on the verge of life expired this seems like a disaster waiting to happen as it gives approximately a 7.5% maximum rate of unavailability before services have to be cancelled which gives very little room for any issues.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk