News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Some services reduced, some revamped some deckered.

Discodave

Quote from: bob on January 28, 2013, 07:46:21 AM
Some services reduced, some revamped some deckered.

Cannock well Arriva head office need to have a good look and completley redraw all of its operations Cannock depot run.  They cover too many routes.  Get rid of the 76 and 825 they were run well enough from Stafford and even the 74 and 75.  The Lichfields did well 60 and also the old 861 possibly run as a 61 chase terrace to Lichfield.  Make the 70 more direct to Wolves and, transfer most if not all of the West Mids stuff to Wednesfield or Hill top.  The 1 and 2 combine frequency to say half hour each to make a 15 min serv to Cannock only no crappy huntington extention revert it to the 22 again and combine with pye greens they are busy but not that busy could handle a 15 or 20 min frequency.  Put the 33 to Hednesford-brownhills only at a 15 mins freq it did well before and was heaving at times.  Revert the rugeley to 31 half hour then combine it with town routes.  Keep the 61 plate buses at Cannock and get new ones for Stafford the fleet is not that big to renew even if it had the longer distance routes.  With a more simple network run from Cannock and reliable and faster journeys and possible help from councils and public feedback Cannock may have a bus service people are proud of.  Please suggest any tweaks sensible suggestions as usually I just get slated.

Westy

Im hoping they keep the Walsall to Lichfield route, as they withdrew the last one!

Discodave

Quote from: Westy on January 28, 2013, 11:56:13 AM
Im hoping they keep the Walsall to Lichfield route, as they withdrew the last one!

Well Midland (arriva) are not doing too bad with it combining it with the 35 walsall-aldridge route lets hope arriva do not greedy and try and hold the councils to ransom like they have done in the past.

Bob

3605 broken down in Cannock bus station, cant get it started, it shouldve been on the 12.40 70 to Wolves, theres also a broken down Dart ( i think) on the 33 as the driver has got off and the maintanence geezer is there. The 12.35 68 hasnt turned up. What a clapped out crap pile of s***e of a bus service!

arrivaaston

3605's a wreck anyway and the other day 2 darts broke down

Bob

Compared to their other midlands garages, not just new buses wise but interior condition/maintenance etc Arriva obviously dont think much of/take seriously their Cannock garage operations, why dont they just sell it?

Discodave

Would anyone be interested NXWM are not but thats too musch of an old chestnut.

Bob

They were interested prior to Chase so possibly could be again

Westy

Surely they'd run most of the services from Walsall anyway?

Bob

Yep, itd still be better than the status quo

arrivaaston

Cannock could sort themselves out, in my opinion i think theyv tried interconnecting routes too much, heres what i think should happen:

1: Cannock to Walsall (as it was, as Discodave said, a seperate route for the Huntington works better)

2/2A: make it hourly

25/26: make them every half hour with DECENT full sized buses

31: make it operate the old route and have it connect with the 32/33

32: get rid of the route

33: Hednesford to Brownhills (as it was)

60: Not connect it with the 825, decker it and make it hourly

61: bring this route back and get rid of the 81/35

62: kept as it is

68: transfer it to wednesfield garrage

70: make it hourly and not connect it with 76/560

74/75: deffinatley decker the 74 keep it hourly andmake the 75 Cannock to Penkridge (as it was origonaly as the 875)

76: send it back to Stafford depot

560: Transfer to wednesfield maybe interwork it with the 19's?

825: send back to Stafford..... and Stafford are very welcome to the sb200's  ;)

Bob

What about make the 1 hourly and decker it same with the 2 ( jus send the 1 thru other bridge) would the Pye Greens need deckerin if half hourly?

arrivaaston

i think certain journeys on Pye Greens would fill a decker, its a shame rtheres no deckers at cannock now and i agree with the 1, doesnt need to be every 20 mins

Bob

Maybe with the Midland take over theres scope to inter link some Cannock services with others so you could go say from cannock to dudley or merry hill/ west brom linked through Walsall?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk