News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Wrexham, Shropshire & Midlands Railway

Started by mikestone, November 22, 2023, 02:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikestone

£100 company, with no obvious connection to Wrexham, Shropshire & Marylebone, still a live Arriva company, has applied for a track access agreement for services between Wrexham and Euston calling at Darlaston and Walsall using cl.222s.
;

;
I don't think there has ever been a passenger service between Park Lane and Water Orton.

the trainbasher

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Rachvince53

Quote from: mikestone on November 22, 2023, 02:02:13 PM£100 company, with no obvious connection to Wrexham, Shropshire & Marylebone, still a live Arriva company, has applied for a track access agreement for services between Wrexham and Euston calling at Darlaston and Walsall using cl.222s.
;

;
I don't think there has ever been a passenger service between Park Lane and Water Orton.
Be interesting to see how this would effect the proposed long-term reinstatement of direct services between Wolverhampton and Walsall calling at a new Willenhall station. As mentioned in the comments,   this application would cause pathing issues should WMR reactivate its dormant direct service.  

Stu

Quote from: Rachvince53 on November 22, 2023, 06:07:28 PMBe interesting to see how this would effect the proposed long-term reinstatement of direct services between Wolverhampton and Walsall calling at a new Willenhall station. As mentioned in the comments,  this application would cause pathing issues should WMR reactivate its dormant direct service. 
Having read through the linked document, it all looks very interesting.

The timetable is only five journeys a day (four on Sundays), so I don't see this having a major impact, and it looks like this has all been taken into consideration.

The aim is to have this service running from 2025, so it could be the case that there could be direct Wolverhampton to Walsall service (albeit at a lower frequency) before WMR get their act together.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk