News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Avanti West Coast

Started by Stu, November 28, 2019, 07:23:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikestone

From 7th September Euston-Birmingham-Edinburgh trains start to run through again, but Glasgow services still generally terminate at Preston although three will run instead to/from Blackpool (assuming ther 15.43 departure from Euston is currently missing).
;
The up morning and down evening Euston-Shrewsbury are re-instated.

Wba_lad

390 132 has just come all the way from edge hill depot not in service to Birmingham new street to start a service (10:47) to London Euston, calling at, Birmingham international and Coventry ONLY. I assume a driver who brought it from edge hill will take it to London Euston then swap at London Euston and take another train to Liverpool lime street then maybe back to edge hill depot.

Tony

Quote from: Wba_lad on December 27, 2023, 11:22:31 AM390 132 has just come all the way from edge hill depot not in service to Birmingham new street to start a service (10:47) to London Euston, calling at, Birmingham international and Coventry ONLY. I assume a driver who brought it from edge hill will take it to London Euston then swap at London Euston and take another train to Liverpool lime street then maybe back to edge hill depot.
I very much doubt the driver carries on to London

Wba_lad

Quote from: Tony on December 27, 2023, 11:32:45 AMI very much doubt the driver carries on to London
I wonder where he came off then, I've asked one of my mates who works for avanti I'll let you know what he says.

Wba_lad

Running 38 mins late from London Euston to Birmingham new street calling at Coventry, Birmingham international and Birmingham new street. This is due to train crew being delayed.

Update: train is now running 53 mins late, near rugby.

Wba_lad

The 16:40 avanti west coast service from London Euston to Edinburgh calling at Coventry, Birmingham international, Birmingham new street, Sandwell and Dudley, Wolverhampton, Stafford, Crewe, Warrington bank Quay, Wigan north western,  Preston, Lancaster, oxenholme Lake District, Carlisle, haymarket and Edinburgh has been partially cancelled due to flooding, the train will no longer call at Stafford, Crewe, warrington bank Quay, Wigan North western, Preston, Lancaster, Oxenholme Lake District, Carlisle, haymarket and Edinburgh and will terminate at Wolverhampton.

Multiple avanti services are running late due to one of the reasons, issues are all coming from up north beyond Preston, high winds and flooding are the two main problems at the moment and then some are late due to staffing issue, which is a cause from the high winds and flooding I've been told by a avanti staff.

Wba_lad

Does anyone know when the new class 805 and class 807 come into service, i heard the the class 807s which are 7 coaches long i belive are going to be used on the london euston to liverpool lime street, i wonder if they will ever appear on the west midlands line, i think the class 805s are replacing the voyagers so will probably work london euston to shrewsbury via birmingham new street. 

Tony

Excep
Quote from: Wba_lad on February 29, 2024, 06:04:39 PMDoes anyone know when the new class 805 and class 807 come into service, i heard the the class 807s which are 7 coaches long i belive are going to be used on the london euston to liverpool lime street, i wonder if they will ever appear on the west midlands line, i think the class 805s are replacing the voyagers so will probably work london euston to shrewsbury via birmingham new street.
Except the Shrewsbury to Euston service is finishing

Wba_lad

Quote from: Tony on February 29, 2024, 06:14:02 PMExcepExcept the Shrewsbury to Euston service is finishing
Oh is it, i had a feeling it would be scrapped, with west midlands railway doing birmingham to shrewsbruy and also transport for wales i guess its not really needed. Plus i notice that avanti dont really run it much they cancel it between wolverhampton and shrewsbury quiet a lot and somtimes cancel it from birmingham new street and then both units when working as a pair go back to barton together instead of splitting. when is it going?

Tony

Quote from: Wba_lad on February 29, 2024, 06:24:44 PMOh is it, i had a feeling it would be scrapped, with west midlands railway doing birmingham to shrewsbruy and also transport for wales i guess its not really needed. Plus i notice that avanti dont really run it much they cancel it between wolverhampton and shrewsbury quiet a lot and somtimes cancel it from birmingham new street and then both units when working as a pair go back to barton together instead of splitting. when is it going?
Scrapped: Direct Shrewsbury-to-London rail service is to end | Shropshire Star

BK63 YWP

QuoteOh is it, i had a feeling it would be scrapped, with west midlands railway doing birmingham to shrewsbruy and also transport for wales i guess its not really needed. Plus i notice that avanti dont really run it much they cancel it between wolverhampton and shrewsbury quiet a lot and somtimes cancel it from birmingham new street and then both units when working as a pair go back to barton together instead of splitting. when is it going?
WMR Shrewsburys going to 2tph from June. One via Stour Valley and one via bescot to serve Willenhall and darlo once open 
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Avanti could run the new 805's on that long proposed Walsall to London Euston service that would call run fast to New Street and then call at the usual Avanti Brum to London. 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

Tony

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on March 01, 2024, 10:43:06 AMAvanti could run the new 805's on that long proposed Walsall to London Euston service that would call run fast to New Street and then call at the usual Avanti Brum to London.
No they can't as they don't have access rights.

A separate company has applied to run Walsall to Euston services

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Tony on March 01, 2024, 12:22:28 PMNo they can't as they don't have access rights.

A separate company has applied to run Walsall to Euston services
Oh I thought it was Avanti my apologies 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

Stu