News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Questions for Simon from Arriva

Started by Simon@Arriva, June 03, 2018, 08:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo1

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: BusMan Greg on June 04, 2018, 07:27:39 AM
Are arriva thinking of withdrawing anymore routes run by cannock garage

Nothing substantial.  There may be a change to the way in which some college services operate from September and some minor route changes but nothing more.

leepenfold30

Hello Simon

Are Arriva having any new buses this year Does this included Leicester Garages of Thurmaston & Wigston

Bob

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on June 04, 2018, 05:11:29 PM
Nothing substantial.  There may be a change to the way in which some college services operate from September and some minor route changes but nothing more.

Conversely, are they planning to launch amy more services?

Busman Jamie

When are the buses in the new liverey going to get the new logo applied?

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Busman Jamie on June 04, 2018, 07:27:15 PM
When are the buses in the new liverey going to get the new logo applied?

Good question.  I am looking into that.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on June 04, 2018, 06:12:26 PM
Conversely, are they planning to launch amy more services?

Nothing confirmed at the moment.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: leepenfold30 on June 04, 2018, 05:56:16 PM
Hello Simon

Are Arriva having any new buses this year Does this included Leicester Garages of Thurmaston & Wigston

Bob

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on June 05, 2018, 08:14:55 AM

Given the way the network has shrunk over the years and the reduction in passengers that doesnt surprise me

Straightlines

Hi Simon,

I appreciate you are responsible for Arriva Midlands West but I am wondering if you could answer, or find out regarding whether Arriva Midlands has done an equality impact assessment following the decision to withdraw paper timetables soon from its Leicester operation?

Having previously worked within digital transformation, I understand the potential impact this sort of decision could have on your most vulnerable users who are potentially not digital ready.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Straightlines on June 07, 2018, 09:59:12 PM
Hi Simon,

I appreciate you are responsible for Arriva Midlands West but I am wondering if you could answer, or find out regarding whether Arriva Midlands has done an equality impact assessment following the decision to withdraw paper timetables soon from its Leicester operation?

Having previously worked within digital transformation, I understand the potential impact this sort of decision could have on your most vulnerable users who are potentially not digital ready.

Hi,

I am not aware if they have or haven't to be honest. 

I know it is a trial and we want to see what happens.  Printouts from the internet will be available in St Margaret's Travel Shop if all else fails for people.

I will pass your comment on.

Thanks

Simon

Dennis

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on June 11, 2018, 08:21:42 PM
Hi,

I am not aware if they have or haven't to be honest. 

I know it is a trial and we want to see what happens.  Printouts from the internet will be available in St Margaret's Travel Shop if all else fails for people.

I will pass your comment on.

Thanks

Simon

I thought equality impact assessments were only applicable to public bodies and were abolished in 2012?

Westy

On the subject of paper timetables Simon, a few years ago(certainly while you were working for the other lot!), there was supposed to be some sort of agreement between Arriva & Centro/TfWm, to put Arriva branded leaflets in NWM centres, but for some reason, that situation has changed & unless that service is part of an TfWm contract & included for completeness, there is no paper copies of timetables for Arriva services operating to & from Wm county.

As far as Walsall is concerned, there has been no timetables for services 1, 2 & 3 since late 2016 in the travelshop.

Unless you go online, the nearest place, subject to availability, is Cannock library, or if you're really lucky, you find a copy on a bus, but that is hit & miss, as I initially found the Cannock 25/26 leaflet on a 2 going to Walsall!

Bob

True but its a  4 bus per hr combined 1 & 2 and timetable is on the stop in walsall 😀

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk