News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

London Northwestern Railway

Started by Stu, December 10, 2017, 05:22:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoNi

Nuneaton under the paintbrush today gaining a lick of dark green on doors and other woodwork.

mikestone

Tony

Quote from: mikestone on February 07, 2019, 05:08:47 PM
230004 on its way to Bletchley.

Beginning of April likely start date now

mikestone

Where do rail replacement buses load in Wolves now?
I  thought it might be the bus station and park at Falkland Street but saw two Aman's turning out of Lichfield Street this morning

Tony

Quote from: mikestone on February 08, 2019, 12:19:21 PM
Where do rail replacement buses load in Wolves now?
I  thought it might be the bus station and park at Falkland Street but saw two Aman's turning out of Lichfield Street this morning

In the new rail replacement bus area which as you come out the main entrance is just to the left

mikestone

Reported that the 150 diagram on the Marston Vale line is to be worked by a 153 after this weekend.
;
From what I can see from May the Chase line, including Walsall, will involve three cl.323s, seven dmu.s and thirty-six cl.350s.

Tony

Quote from: mikestone on February 14, 2019, 08:00:21 PM
Reported that the 150 diagram on the Marston Vale line is to be worked by a 153 after this weekend.
;
From what I can see from May the Chase line, including Walsall, will involve three cl.323s, seven dmu.s and thirty-six cl.350s.

Been told 1st April is the current aim for the 230s

Bob

Quote from: Tony on February 14, 2019, 08:01:42 PM

The 323s wont go further than Walsall presumably? Whats happening to WMRs 150s ?

Bob

Some Chase line workings will continue to be DMU run? Lets hope the firat train of the day isnt. Its horrendously busy and 2 carriages

mikestone

No - diesels and 323s don't go beyond Walsall. There is  a Tyseley-Rugeley ecs but I assume that is an error.

Tony

Now likely to be the 8th as they don't want to start them on April Fools day!

mikestone

If that is really the reason I would suggest the management needs to grow up.

Tony

Quote from: mikestone on February 16, 2019, 11:24:36 AM
If that is really the reason I would suggest the management needs to grow up.

I could see a lot worse press if something went wrong on day 1 if they did start them on the 1st

mikestone

They should be putting them in traffic when they are confident of reliability and have crews trained, regardless of the date - Northern had the right idea starting electric working via Bolton on Monday without fanfare.

The Real 4778

Quote from: Bob on February 14, 2019, 09:53:49 PM
The 323s wont go further than Walsall presumably? Whats happening to WMRs 150s ?

WM's 150s are moving to Northern.  I can't find the scheduled date just now, but IIRC it should already have happened.
Don't you start.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk