News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Railway Simulators

Started by trident4370, August 27, 2014, 07:38:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trident4370

Noticed how we have a Bus Simulators topic but nowhere to discuss Railway Simulators so here is the new topic :D
Anyway I've just been sent a link to a fantastic up and coming WM Map for TS2014/2015 which you may all like to see, personally I think it looks amazing and better than some Payware routes. Looks like it includes Leamington Spa - Snow Hill and Birmingham New St - Coventry
http://forums.uktrainsim.com/viewtopic.php?f=365&t=138175

Stu

I used to have the original Microsoft Train Simulator when it came out many years ago, and must admit I had quite a bit of fun playing it.

Even when I used to get a train up to full speed to deliberately see it derail off a sharp bend and down a cliff; an alternative way to let of some steam, if you'll excuse the pun lol
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

trident4370

Loving the pun Stu ;)
I miss MSTS purely because we had some Local Routes! TS is crap for that nearly everything UK is based around London :( tbh MSTS was one of those games that at the time was amazing and cutting edge but now it is like a relic :P

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: trident4370 on August 27, 2014, 07:38:06 PM
Anyway I've just been sent a link to a fantastic up and coming WM Map for TS2014/2015 which you may all like to see, personally I think it looks amazing and better than some Payware routes. Looks like it includes Leamington Spa - Snow Hill and Birmingham New St - Coventry

Wow, the rendering is stunning on that thread, I think I might need to invest in TS when that route goes live!

I have MSTS with the SVR add-on, which very rarely gets bothered with nowadays as it's almost ZX81-like in comparison with the above. I used to use BVE with lines such as the excellent X City south line, but I obviously haven't used that for years as it's not even installed on this laptop.

trident4370

Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P) on August 27, 2014, 11:59:35 PM
Quote from: trident4370 on August 27, 2014, 07:38:06 PM

Wow, the rendering is stunning on that thread, I think I might need to invest in TS when that route goes live!

I have MSTS with the SVR add-on, which very rarely gets bothered with nowadays as it's almost ZX81-like in comparison with the above. I used to use BVE with lines such as the excellent X City south line, but I obviously haven't used that for years as it's not even installed on this laptop.

BVE Is fantastic, sadly it won't work now my laptop is too "modern" OpenBVE is just a pain to install! Funny though how even today, the BVE 158 is probably the most realistic 158 in any train sim :P

DJ

Sorry for reviving an old thread, but I thought it made sense to use this, rather than starting a new one.

If anyone is interested, there is a new DLC out for Train Simulator 2021, covering the Cross City line, which includes a Class 323.

I've also been tinkering with it, and I've ended up making a reskin that puts it into the West Midlands Railway livery.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk