News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Solus Coaches

Started by BN, August 12, 2013, 05:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: B61 ANDREW on April 13, 2023, 05:31:15 PMDo they have any buses ?  I know that they act as a dealer so I guess that they have plenty of contacts.

They have a large batch of ex Arriva London DAF/Geminis, but I doubt those are for the 25 & 600!

Stu

Quote from: winston on April 13, 2023, 02:10:15 PMThey've been looking to get in to local bus work since changing onwership.
So bidding on and winning this contract had nothing to do with the local politicians, who as usual are trying to take credit and make themselves look good.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Isle of Stroma

QuoteSolus Travel are to run 2 new routes commencing from Monday morning:
25 Erdington to Hodge Hill.
600 Erdington to Brookvale Park.
[Checks the O.C.) Oh bloody hell...

Rachvince53

Quote from: B61 ANDREW on April 13, 2023, 05:31:15 PMDo they have any buses ?  I know that they act as a dealer so I guess that they have plenty of contacts.

The new parent company I think operates buses but in any case they can be sourced from places such as Dawson Rentals. 

B61 ANDREW

Quote from: Tony on April 13, 2023, 05:43:10 PMThey have a large batch of ex Arriva London DAF/Geminis, but I doubt those are for the 25 & 600!
:grin: :grin: :grin:

B61 ANDREW

Quote from: Rachvince53 on April 13, 2023, 08:55:12 PMThe new parent company I think operates buses but in any case they can be sourced from places such as Dawson Rentals.
Busview has them operating a varied selection of new and 'pre-owned' buses - we wait with interest.  :rolleyes:

Justin Tyme

Let's hope an announcement - preferably by TfWM - is made very soon.

Jack D

Any ideas how we can track solus in bus times? And what bus will be used tomorrow?

ellspurs

I guess you'll need to get over to Erdington and observe them in person.

Michael Bevan

Solus Travel are using Enviro 200 MMC YX68 UKT on the 25/600 service. Vehicle had been branded for both services.

B61 ANDREW

Westy

Saw one branded for the 25 in the Castle Brom area, as I was coming the other way on a X12!

Tony

Quote from: Westy on April 17, 2023, 05:02:41 PMSaw one branded for the 25 in the Castle Brom area, as I was coming the other way on a X12!
You mean like the one in Michael's photograph?

Westy

Stu

Quote from: Michael Bevan on April 17, 2023, 12:39:22 PMSolus Travel are using Enviro 200 MMC YX68 UKT on the 25/600 service. Vehicle had been branded for both services.
That's quite smart - simple but effective branding. Fair play to them for making a proper effort at this, now hopefully they can improve on the passenger loadings!

Always welcoming to see a new operator join the fray, look forward to them bidding on more contracts later this year.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk