News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Bus breakdown

Started by Ck, June 24, 2013, 09:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ck

Just gone on a 25 pye green at Cannock when was asked to get off cos they needed the bus to replace a broken down bus on the Staffords very strange way of replacing broken buses let's inconvenience 2 lots of passengers

Bob

Cannocks buses are always breaking down bu51 mpd's, r330 tjw,  ejz reg dart and some of the b10ble are particularlybad. I wonder Iif its the stafford pilsar thats been making the odd howling noise thats broken down

arrivaaston

The funny noise off 3731 no lo longer exists lol seen it today running perfectly fine :)

Bob

Saw BU51 KWJ Parked at the bus station today that must hold the title of cannocks vilest bus lol

PM

V700CBC broken down in Bilston today-nice coat of paint but mechanically not brilliant-thought Bob was exaggerating about the number of breakdowns but you couldnt make it up really-go to anywhere where arriva operate and I guarantee you will see at least one breakdown.

Bob

V700 CBC is a heap lol. Midland mustve been doing really bad before the takeover how else could they justify such a fleet of badly maintained shit?

NXWM Spectra

Quote from: bob on July 02, 2013, 05:17:10 PM
V700 CBC is a heap lol. Midland mustve been doing really bad before the takeover how else could they justify such a fleet of badly maintained shit?

They were beginning to make an effort to replace the Darts and bring in more bigger vehicles with 2 MCVs, 3 Scania and 2 Tridents. Admittedly, 7 vehicles isn't enough.

Trident 4609

Quote from: NXWM Spectra on July 02, 2013, 05:27:34 PM

They were beginning to make an effort to replace the Darts and bring in more bigger vehicles with 2 MCVs, 3 Scania and 2 Tridents. Admittedly, 7 vehicles isn't enough.

Well the tridents at Wednesfield aren't really the best of buses same with the ALX400 DAF DB250LF. They do look smart but as bob said aren't really mechanically sound

PM

Quote from: NXWM Spectra on July 02, 2013, 05:27:34 PM

But why do they need bigger buses? In Bilston/Wolverhampton today all the Banga buses I saw were busier than the arriva ones.... they need good smaller buses they shouldnt kid themselves they need deckers

PM

I dont accept tho that having darts is the problem-diamonds are reliable buses especially the W..VGX ones-about the same age as V700CBC. It shows that it is down to maintainance or lack of and perhaps arriva focus too much on the paint and polish and too little on interiors and mechanics-surely it is more important that a bus turns up looking a bit shabby than the arriva way of nicely painted buses broken down!!

Trident 4609

I do totally agree that Wednesfield don't need them DAf DB20LF which could of transfered from
London to another garage which needed them. The tridents are ok on the 10

PM

Quote from: Trident 4609 on July 02, 2013, 06:46:58 PM
I do totally agree that Wednesfield don't need them DAf DB20LF which could of transfered from
London to another garage which needed them. The tridents are ok on the 10

They can't be making very much money over at wednesfield-midland probably managed through low fuel costs etc by using small buses but now theyre using daf deckers lol. They have tried with services like the 9 but they really dont seem to have taken off very well for some reason tho fair play to them for trying

Bob

They wont take off they failed miserably before with chase and they had a better network

Bob

The breakdown van was parked on cannock bus station earlier so presumably thered been a breakdown.  I know buses do break down but this regularly? ?? Come on lol

mranon

v700 cbc was on the 10 to perton this afternoon, and miraculously disappeared, then reappeared in perton around 18:15. then seen on compton rd broken down just after 7.05pm. nice paint job, but you cant polish turds. lets face it, buses have a hard life, and you can't knock midland/d&g as they turned what was choice into a bigger business, and low floor very quickly. buses probably came at the right price at the right time, but mechanical failures do happen, and it may have 1 fault fixed, then develops another, or has an intermittent one, but they need to use it for it to develop to find out what it is. also some drivers will do anything to miss a trip

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk