News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diversions

Started by JB93, April 21, 2013, 01:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Carrs Lane and Albert Street have been closed so I bet that's chaos for services. Perry Barr buses are using The Priory Queensway and Corporation Street

John

Aston Lane has been closed for gas works from Wellhead Lane to Perry Barr island. 11As are using Wellhead Lane, which is like a car park now. Imagine it will be worse at rush hour and Saturdays. Think its there until Christmas. 11Cs are unaffected as the road is only closed one way

MW

Quote from: John on November 07, 2017, 12:48:52 PM
Aston Lane has been closed for gas works from Wellhead Lane to Perry Barr island. 11As are using Wellhead Lane, which is like a car park now. Imagine it will be worse at rush hour and Saturdays. Think its there until Christmas. 11Cs are unaffected as the road is only closed one way

That's the 4 to 8 min drop back at Perry Barr gone then.

Tony

I've just asked Traffic light control to give some more time to exit Wellhead Lane to try and help

Busman Jamie

A road closure on Greenlane Walsall due the White horse pub being on fire

Jack

Wellhead Lane will  be awful in Peaks. With all the buses cueing for the pumps and the diverted traffic.

John

Quote from: Jack on November 07, 2017, 04:03:21 PM
Wellhead Lane will  be awful in Peaks. With all the buses cueing for the pumps and the diverted traffic.

I didn't think of that. That will be lovely waiting to get into the garage. It was bad enough some evenings last week. People are driving up the pavement to get round and arguing with drivers when it is not their fault. Nothing ever seems to be done to solve it

Jack

Quote from: John on November 07, 2017, 04:19:55 PM
I didn't think of that. That will be lovely waiting to get into the garage. It was bad enough some evenings last week. People are driving up the pavement to get round and arguing with drivers when it is not their fault. Nothing ever seems to be done to solve it
I don't really think anything can be done about it. Unless something happens to the university. lol I quite like see the cue of buses causing mayhem. The car drivers are quite impatient and dangerous going on the pavements. Personally, I think the whole area is terrible. The traffic lights at the Harrier Way junction are a nightmare.

Kevin

A much more logical way to do it would be close it the other direction, and send traffic via Birchfield Road and the Broadway to get back onto route, surely the people that sort diversions recognise that Wellhead Lane is a stupid idea
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

John

Is there something up with Aston Lane. The Diamond 68 and an 11A have used the A34 underpass fron Aston 6 Ways to Perry Barr. Or is it just to do with the roadworks?

Jack

Quote from: Kevin on November 08, 2017, 08:15:29 AM
A much more logical way to do it would be close it the other direction, and send traffic via Birchfield Road and the Broadway to get back onto route, surely the people that sort diversions recognise that Wellhead Lane is a stupid idea
Is the Broadway suitable? It's often full of parked cars on both sides of the road.

Eric Shaw

The 17, travelling out of city was being diverted via Cattell Road, Bordesley Green and Victoria Road today. This was causing long delays and also affecting the 97 because of the extra traffic at the Bordesley Green traffic lights.

Quote from: Eric Shaw on November 08, 2017, 08:20:06 PM
The 17, travelling out of city was being diverted via Cattell Road, Bordesley Green and Victoria Road today. This was causing long delays and also affecting the 97 because of the extra traffic at the Bordesley Green traffic lights.
Long Term Diversion till May 2018.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jack

The 11A today were diverted via Witton Road, Six Ways Aston, Birchfield Road and onto Wellington Road. Though the diversion on the NX website states Wellhead Lane, Aldridge Road.
4302 was rammed and 4295 a few minutes behind with just one passenger on the upper deck.
Maybe the diversion they used today is faster than round Wellhead Lane? I think it's faster not stuck in traffic.

Lukeee

Quote from: Jack on November 11, 2017, 05:18:33 PM
The 11A today were diverted via Witton Road, Six Ways Aston, Birchfield Road and onto Wellington Road. Though the diversion on the NX website states Wellhead Lane, Aldridge Road.
4302 was rammed and 4295 a few minutes behind with just one passenger on the upper deck.
Maybe the diversion they used today is faster than round Wellhead Lane? I think it's faster not stuck in traffic.

Would hazards guess its faster as I imagine it would miss out more of the Saturday shoppers going to one stop

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk