News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diversions

Started by JB93, April 21, 2013, 01:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CL

My X1 was diverted before Kathleen Road. Part of Coventry Road cordoned off by police

- served Coventry Road, Kings Road
diversion begins
- Berkeley Road East
- Hob Moor Road
- Holder Road
returns to normal route

I saw an Amey pick-up with what looked like a lamp post come from that area; something related perhaps? I can't find anything on local news.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Kevin

Quote from: Jack B on August 19, 2017, 04:16:59 PM
Wonderful. I notice Perry Barr is involved. So the 33/51/52/52A are going to be using the 7 bus stops on Summer Lane. Newtown Row (full length) will be closed? Good thing I don't go out on Sundays. All the 93*, 997 and X51 will also be using Summer Lane. Will be fun seeing Platniums going down Summer Lane.

P.S I think people will be happy the X51 will be non-Stop to Scott Arms!

I'm imagining the X51 might be completely avoiding the Walsall Road and turning down the Old Walsall Rd, follow the 16 into town from Hamstead
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Jack

Quote from: Kevin on August 21, 2017, 05:31:48 PM
I'm imagining the X51 might be completely avoiding the Walsall Road and turning down the Old Walsall Rd, follow the 16 into town from Hamstead
The 51 might aswell. Unless it goes round the Beeches. The 52A will turn back down Beeches Road for town.

Stu

Quote from: CL on August 20, 2017, 09:11:56 AM
My X1 was diverted before Kathleen Road. Part of Coventry Road cordoned off by police

- served Coventry Road, Kings Road
diversion begins
- Berkeley Road East
- Hob Moor Road
- Holder Road
returns to normal route

I saw an Amey pick-up with what looked like a lamp post come from that area; something related perhaps? I can't find anything on local news.

To answer your question, while on my way home this evening, as my X1 was approaching the Kathleen Road stop, I noticed a 'Serious Collision Here' notice just before the Holiday Inn Express, so as I suspected there must have been some kind of road accident which caused your diversion Sunday morning. Which doesn't surprise me, considering the number of motorists who use that stretch of road as a race track.

EDIT: found the story now, someone was killed after crashing into a lamp post:
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/driver-dies-after-car-hits-13503105
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Solo1

What is the 17 diversion on match days is it still down the small heath by pass

Westy

Notice the x51 Leamore diversion has finished.

Thought it was on for longer?

John

Aston Lane, Perry Barr is still closed now so buses are having to use Wellhead Lane. 11A/C and the 68A/C

DJ

Just seen a 120 and 121 come into Dudley bus station through Castle Gate Island.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Trident 4194

RTA on Wolverhampton road, Hagley road junction. 126 on diversion. Can anyone tell me which way the 126 went??

GeminiFan1991

Just seen a 11 Branded Gemini on the 5 going down Golden Hillock Road.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

MW

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on September 06, 2017, 10:26:37 PM
Just seen a 11 Branded Gemini on the 5 going down Golden Hillock Road.

Stratford Road seems to be closed in Sparkbrook past Highgate Road junction. Presumably buses are diverting via Walford Road, Golden Hillock and then Small Heath Highway to either follow the X1/X2 into Digbeth, or turn left via A4540 (Ring Road) and then rejoin at Camp Hill.

John

11C was been diverted from Perry Barr up Aldridge Road after the Villa Match this afternoon. I assume up to The Ridgeway. Saw 3 in quite quick succession around 5.15pm

Lukeee

Quote from: John on September 09, 2017, 10:11:23 PM
11C was been diverted from Perry Barr up Aldridge Road after the Villa Match this afternoon. I assume up to The Ridgeway. Saw 3 in quite quick succession around 5.15pm

That's correct, this diversion has been used quiet a bit for villa matches

Trident 4194

Pretty sure I just seen a crimson trident on 129 by Stourbridge displaying brum

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on September 18, 2017, 01:56:25 PM
Pretty sure I just seen a crimson trident on 129 by Stourbridge displaying brum

129 by Stourbridge?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk